4S Range is never more than 170 miles on a full charge.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
Pleasure - and I am sure you know already but even just a quick pre-heat on unlock setting also seems to have improved efficiency slightly but Spring starts on Sunday so in theory I think outside temp has more to do with that ;-)
Ahhh Spring..... life again!! 21'' rims, clean car, serotonin boost from a joy ride in a beautiful Taycan ;) How eager am I!!
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Turning on Automatic (or non-automatic) regen doesn't do anything for range. If anything, you'll get slightly less range, due to regen not being 100% efficient. It's for convenience.
please elaborate, how is using the button to turn on the regen different from using the menu settings? or the settings associated with individual mode

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Mmh...had winter here in Germany, too. Got always like > 200 miles.
I don't have a snappy comeback, especially since I have turned into a classic Porsche driver and always puts my car in Sport when I go for a drive... I don't think my range will improve by much...

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
please elaborate, how is using the button to turn on the regen different from using the menu settings? or the settings associated with individual mode
The car will use as much regen as it can for deceleration regardless of the button setting (which gives you the same options as the menu - though someone in another post said holding the button on the steering wheel might give you more options than just on vs. auto - could be a MY20 vs. MY21 difference). Anyway, my point is that the regen setting only dictates how much of that regen kicks in when you lift off of the throttle vs. when you press on the brake. How you drive your car with regen on vs. off can and will affect the efficiency - but it's you causing that difference, not regen. Pick the mode that you like the most and go with it.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Personally whilst emotionally I would like to see more miles available, it doesn't bother me too much anymore. I also remind myself that when I had my 911 it would require a spend of approx £50 to fill up, and still only get around 250-260 miles.
Exactly! Furthermore, I now see how much range I have, not just a tank gauge.

JonS1234

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Model S Plaid, Model X LR
Country flag
I live in Toronto and I have found that I rarely get more than 170 miles on a full charge. I have the Performance battery plus version. I usually keep the car on regenerative and rarely use the seat heaters. Any suggestions on the disparity of range compared to other postings? . I have seen many postings of 200 miles plus. Can the cold weather have anything to do with this?
Not sure how this has played out for you but the manual states that recup off is more efficient than on most times.

https://insideevs.com/reviews/397503/porsche-taycan-regenerative-braking-deep-dive/

This link really cleared it up for me.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
1500 miles on my 4S now, 79.2 kWh battery and showing 217 mile range at 100% battery. It did drop to 214 after about half a mile.

IMG_7618.PNG
That looks pretty good but is predicted range not actual range. Surely the best estimator of real range is the trip data showing the kWh/100km and extrapolating for the 83.7kWh useable battery capacity

Porsche Taycan 4S Range is never more than 170 miles on a full charge. 606567BF-9022-4297-82DD-B4709C5EA4EA
Sponsored