4S side skirts and front apron

Whistler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Taycan
Country flag
I am expecting a jet black 4S delivery soon and now regret that didn’t spec the sport design pack in the original build (did spec most of the other options though).

Thinking now getting the side skirts and front apron painted to body color post delivery at the same detailing shop Porsche is using here. Has anyone by chance done this already? If so would appreciate any pictures.

Are there any other alternatives to get rid of the base black plastic skirts?

thanks
Sponsored

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Planning on doing the exact same thing when mine arrives...

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
So now that I have taken delivery and had quotes to have these plastic bits painted the cost is quite extortionate and not worth doing.

I looked in to wrapping these too and was told it is not possible to wrap plastic directly unless it is sanded down and primed before hand - something I would not want to do with my brand new car.

SO I found another alternative - SRAP (spray wrap) or PPS (Paint protection spray) - this is a new technology and not many people in the UK are currently doing it. It is basically the same as having a wrap but it is sprayed on and is more durable than a vinyl wrap.

It is so good that you can have it done in any colour. Some people have had their entire cars resprayed in SRAP to change the colour completely and the results are just amazing.

My car is booked in to have this work done in 2 weeks time and I will be excited to share the results of this work with you when done.

The cost is not bad at all either. If interested in finding out more drop me a PM.

Here is an example - I am not using these guys but someone else who are half the price of these guys :)

OP
OP

Whistler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Taycan
Country flag
So now that I have taken delivery and had quotes to have these plastic bits painted the cost is quite extortionate and not worth doing.

I looked in to wrapping these too and was told it is not possible to wrap plastic directly unless it is sanded down and primed before hand - something I would not want to do with my brand new car.

SO I found another alternative - SRAP (spray wrap) or PPS (Paint protection spray) - this is a new technology and not many people in the UK are currently doing it. It is basically the same as having a wrap but it is sprayed on and is more durable than a vinyl wrap.

It is so good that you can have it done in any colour. Some people have had their entire cars resprayed in SRAP to change the colour completely and the results are just amazing.

My car is booked in to have this work done in 2 weeks time and I will be excited to share the results of this work with you when done.

The cost is not bad at all either. If interested in finding out more drop me a PM.

Here is an example - I am not using these guys but someone else who are half the price of these guys :)

interesting, thanks for the tip.
Out of curiousity how much was the price quote on the paintwork?

I recently got my Cayenne side skirts and rear apron painted and the cost was quite reasonable at EUR 1.5k. Since a lot less to be painted with Taycan i would expect the cost not to be in excess of EUR 1k.

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had a Taycan TTS, now have an Aston DBS, RR SVR, F-Type S, Ford Ranger Wildcat
Country flag

I don't *think* it is possible to PM other members on this forum. Can you post a bit more info? :)

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
OK not sure why people can't PM me.

The company I am using are called Auto Forensics based close to Heathrow.

https://www.instagram.com/autoforensics/

If you want a quote on work call up and ask for Mani. Tell them you got his number from the Taycan Forum from Andy,

Cheers

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Another option is to get colored PPF - paint protection film.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Does it strike anyone as weird that we cannot get the side skirts painted body color as an option? Is it a Porsche thing that I'm not aware of?

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Another option is to get colored PPF - paint protection film.
That is not an option as film can’t stick to plastic unless it is painted. PPF does not work PPS (spray) works.

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
That is not an option as film can’t stick to plastic unless it is painted. PPF does not work PPS (spray) works.
Be careful, if you have this on PCP you are modyfing the vehicle which is normally against PCP rules. I'd check the small print as you might be in the shit if you sell it back to Porsche

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Be careful, if you have this on PCP you are modyfing the vehicle which is normally against PCP rules. I'd check the small print as you might be in the shit if you sell it back to Porsche
True but this change is 100% reversible to go back to OEM spec. All you need is a hair dryer and some time to pull of the PPS :)

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
True but this change is 100% reversible to go back to OEM spec. All you need is a hair dryer and some time to pull of the PPS :)
You can be the guinea pig :p I'd rather not risk it to be honest !

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
There is no risk at all. If anything it protects the car from external elements such as flying debris and stone chips.
I’ll post photos when it is completed.

It’s just a newer version of paint protection film that is sprayed on rather than laid on.
Sponsored