4S vs GT-R

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
So on my way home the other night I was joining the dual carriageway and I saw this thing clearly moving quickly in the outside Lane coming up to the junction. My natural reaction of course was to floor it. Had no idea what this car was, but as I was accelerating as fast as I could, it wasn’t gaining on me but I could see it was pretty damn quick.

Coming up to traffic I slowed down, so didn’t have chance to properly see if I could pull away from it, but they were obviously keen to catch up. From the headlights I thought it was another Porsche, maybe a 911. I pulled in after the traffic and the driver clearly wanted another run at me, traffic was too heavy for my liking so he went past showing off. The way he accelerated past I’m sure I’d have at least kept pace.

That’s when I saw it was a Nissan GT-R. A car I’ve always liked, looks good and clearly a very fast car. I got home & looked up the stats. If I was driving that car I’d be a bit peeved if I couldn’t catch a 4S. But I guess that shows the difference between EV and ICE acceleration that power & torque figures can’t really show.

Anway I chalk that down as a victory, on the grounds that the owner was probably a bit disappointed by the outcome! Or maybe he was smug because of the price difference of the 2 cars ??‍♂
Sponsored

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
Hahaha, you sound like me ?
I smoked an m4 comp the other day, I even let him past and in front and it was like I was about to drive straight through him. I kept pulling on him past 134mph.

Also, my fiancé and I have a 2020 Continental GT, we lined up the cars next to each other at 70mph and floored it, the 4s left the GT looking like it was standing ?

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
It wasn’t me! But I am selling my GT-R to buy the Taycan Turbo S. I am anxious to feel the difference as I love my current car. I have never driven an EV before - when I pickup the Taycan it will be the first time.

ccooke01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S and ID.4
Country flag
I have had a couple of “traffic light” sprints with BMW’s and Merc’s, the one that stands out was with a Range Rover, I was just waiting when he pulled up next to me and started edging forward. When the lights changed I let him go, then floored it and left him for dust…..

At the next set of lights he pulled up next to me, opened the passenger window and asked “What do you have under the bonnet“, I explained it was electric and he said he wanted one……

Mrmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT63s amg, Panamera GTS, s560, Range Rover
Country flag
I smoked an m4 comp the other day, I even let him past and in front and it was like I was about to drive straight through him. I kept pulling on him past 134mph.

Also, my fiancé and I have a 2020 Continental GT, we lined up the cars next to each other at 70mph and floored it, the 4s left the GT looking like it was standing ?
Surprised the continental was way slow. Do you have the 4s?
What about 0-60? Who wins

OP
OP
RG2020

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Nice one, glad to hear it stands up so well to an M4. Another car I would otherwise be worried I might lose against!

Our little race was from around 50-120. I’d have said I was actually pulling away but it happened so quick and then I had to lift off for the traffic, so hard to know for sure.

Nice to be able to race 2 such nice cars with the Continental too. Another great looking car.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
At the next set of lights he pulled up next to me, opened the passenger window and asked “What do you have under the bonnet“, I explained it was electric and he said he wanted one……
You should've said: "A Flux Capacitor!" :)

At least it sounds like that, so...

Last edited:
OP
OP
RG2020

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It wasn’t me! But I am selling my GT-R to buy the Taycan Turbo S. I am anxious to feel the difference as I love my current car. I have never driven an EV before - when I pickup the Taycan it will be the first time.
I’ve never had the pleasure to drive a GT-R but with the Turbo S I don’t imagine you’ll be disappointed.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Is it me or are Tesla Model S drivers too shy to challenge my Taycan?
It happened three times already...lol.
Last year I smoked two but now...nothing anymore.
Well, got a C63 AMG, Ferrari 430, Gallardo, M3/4, even Dacia's.
Yup, it's so childish but so, so much fun, lol! :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
RG2020

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, got a C63 AMG, Ferrari F355, Gallardo, M3/4, even Dacia's.
They must’ve heard about this guy going round in a Taycan picking on them ?

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
But I am selling my GT-R to buy the Taycan Turbo S. I am anxious to feel the difference as I love my current car. I have never driven an EV before - when I pickup the Taycan it will be the first time.
After test driving a Taycan 4S, we left Porsche Cambridge in my Dad's GT-R and it felt like a dinosaur; the lack of instant torque and noise being the major elements. He spent the rest of the journey wondering how much he would get for a trade-in. Luckily for him I ordered a Turbo and now we have the strongest relationship we've ever had as we speak daily, by way of him asking if its arrived yet.

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
Well, got a C63 AMG, Ferrari 430, Gallardo, M3/4, even Dacia's.
haha, what did you do to that Dacia (Sandero?)

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Surprised the continental was way slow. Do you have the 4s?
What about 0-60? Who wins
Yeah, me too. The Taycan wins from a stand still but it’s not a huge gap all the way. In a rolling race the Taycan isn’t catchable.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice one, glad to hear it stands up so well to an M4. Another car I would otherwise be worried I might lose against!

Our little race was from around 50-120. I’d have said I was actually pulling away but it happened so quick and then I had to lift off for the traffic, so hard to know for sure.

Nice to be able to race 2 such nice cars with the Continental too. Another great looking car.
Yeah, M4s and C63s’ get it from the 4s. I was surprised but I leave them regularly. There was a 63s trying to race me and I kept gapping him. It’s funny because I have my dealer keeping me updated on any cancelled turbo slots, but I might just stick with the 4s.

Yeah the nee Continentals are really nice. But they feel really lethargic after driving a taycan. It’s no slouch either as it has 550ish horsepower. Just isn’t as nimble or as quick as the taycan. It’s comfortable though, but the driving position suits people that don’t like an engaging drive. We are exchanging it for a drop top version now. The Taycan made it feel redundant but at least the convertible will give us something to be excited about.

Porsche Taycan 4S vs GT-R 6E05CA2A-86BE-49D3-9C43-E1302D454D08
Sponsored