4S with US delivery to Houston is not yet on boat

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I found out that my 4S to be delivered through the Houston Port is not yet on the boat, unlike the lucky folks on the east 3 coast. Given the current worldwide circumstances, this is hardly important, but I assume anyone else taking the first delivery through Houston is in the same boat (literally) as me.

With Porsche closed down, as well as much of the world, I'm not sure what that does to the delivery schedule. If anyone else has better insight, please advise. Thanks.
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I posted this in a different thread

“My car entered production on 3/5 with expected delivery late May in california. Since other cars seemed to exit production after about 12 days I was hoping to still make the schedule.

The car has a new step “entry compost Illengen” on 3/17 where it is expected to stay for a month before heading to Emden

So I may have they car “completed” since that was 12 days, but they are holding it in a town near Stuttgart

Given the virus, it is certainly understandable, just passing this info along for people who may be in similar situations”.

Should ask your dealer for the screen shot - it may show similar info.

OP
OP

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I posted this in a different thread

“My car entered production on 3/5 with expected delivery late May in california. Since other cars seemed to exit production after about 12 days I was hoping to still make the schedule.

The car has a new step “entry compost Illengen” on 3/17 where it is expected to stay for a month before heading to Emden

So I may have they car “completed” since that was 12 days, but they are holding it in a town near Stuttgart

Given the virus, it is certainly understandable, just passing this info along for people who may be in similar situations”.

Should ask your dealer for the screen shot - it may show similar info.
Thanks very much, I missed that.

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
As I mentioned on another thread, my Turbo was “born” 3/4 and reportedly arrived in Emden on 3/13. Last I knew, car was scheduled to depart Emden on 3/27 and arrive in Houston 4/17, with delivery in Minneapolis 5/1. But who knows?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
As I mentioned on another thread, my Turbo was “born” 3/4 and reportedly arrived in Emden on 3/13. Last I knew, car was scheduled to depart Emden on 3/27 and arrive in Houston 4/17, with delivery in Minneapolis 5/1. But who knows?
My 4S was offloaded from the ship on April 13th and is still sitting in Davisville, Rhode Island waiting for the CARB/FED certification and window sticker before it can be released for transport to the dealership.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My 4S was offloaded from the ship on April 13th and is still sitting in Davisville, Rhode Island waiting for the CARB/FED certification and window sticker before it can be released for transport to the dealership.
I think you mean March 13 (?)

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Yes March 13th. Hopefully it will not still be sitting in Davisville on April 13th.
Any more update on the carb certification, thought mine had come to port, but at sea in Halifax

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Any more update on the carb certification, thought mine had come to port, but at sea in Halifax
Unfortunately no movement on the CARB certification. I don't think Rhode Island (location of port) is on lock down yet. Connecticut (location of dealership) is on lock down until April 22nd. The dealership can still process transactions in flight, but no new sales, service department is still open. Fingers crossed that I will still be able to take delivery before the lock down is over on April 22nd.

In the meantime, I ordered an adapter to use the Tesla chargers from Amazon, and I ordered the clear side maker lights and some other accessories from Suncoast.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Unfortunately no movement on the CARB certification. I don't think Rhode Island (location of port) is on lock down yet. Connecticut (location of dealership) is on lock down until April 22nd. The dealership can still process transactions in flight, but no new sales, service department is still open. Fingers crossed that I will still be able to take delivery before the lock down is over on April 22nd.

In the meantime, I ordered an adapter to use the Tesla chargers from Amazon, and I ordered the clear side maker lights and some other accessories from Suncoast.
Thanks for the update, my dealership is in New Jersey, so your info helps a lot. What other accessories you getting, the clear lights are on my list too. Thinking of putting a black wrap on the side skirts, anyone else considered that? Just can't wait

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Well my 4s is on a boat off the coast of Nova Scotia and have a feeling it won't be docked anytime soon. BUt I did find out it was the number 2 build, so I am happy about that, Stay... safe my friends.

OP
OP

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I called Porsche today. They said they could not give me info. on my specific car, but the shipment of which it's a part is supposed to arrive to dealers around 4/17.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
I called Porsche today. They said they could not give me info. on my specific car, but the shipment of which it's a part is supposed to arrive to dealers around 4/17.
Mine finally left Halifax on its way to Davisville scheduled to be there on April 8th, hope the port stays open
Sponsored