First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Ok will give it a go again tomorrow and see. Thanks for your help bud
Hope something helps! ..also be prepared to call the charging network tech support if it doesn't start working. We have to do that on this side of the pond a fair amount....
Sponsored

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Porsche Taycan 4s won’t take 50kw charger CC1D8A7E-BBA0-4989-9F89-0DEDDA9BE918

Charged yesterday using CCS on a 50kw charger. Got almost 50kw all the way until 93% (normally would charge to 85%)

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
CC1D8A7E-BBA0-4989-9F89-0DEDDA9BE918.jpeg

Charged yesterday using CCS on a 50kw charger. Got almost 50kw all the way until 93% (normally would charge to 85%)
Anyone else getting close to 50kwh too? It makes me feel very uncomfortable pushing so much juice into the battery at such high SOC....

btw...do you normally stop your CCS charge at 85% manually or you have tricks to make it stop at 85% automatically? Thanks!

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Anyone else getting close to 50kwh too? It makes me feel very uncomfortable pushing so much juice into the battery at such high SOC....

btw...do you normally stop your CCS charge at 85% manually or you have tricks to make it stop at 85% automatically? Thanks!
Paul this a great job on this, look at this video.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Relax!

50KW is NOTHING at 85%! Stop worrying. I would expect the car to take 50KW to well past 90%...

Here in the US (with 150KW or 350KW charging stations) we typically see 100-150KW at around 80-85% SOC. In fact, if I was only getting 50KW at 85% I would be complaining how painful that is... The car decides how much power it can take - not the terminal! (The "charger" is actually inside the car in any case - not in the "EVSE" you are getting your power from. The EVSE Terminal is merely a big electrical source - its NOT the charger).

...and there is absolutely no problem taking your charge all the way to 100% (at whatever speed the car accepts) on an occasional basis. Particularly if you will be "driving it off" in the next 24 hrs...

Who is telling you this is a problem? Who is scaring EV owners into thinking this should be so complicated?

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Ok will give it a go again tomorrow and see. Thanks for your help bud
Hi, i Am in the Aberdeen area too and some 50kw chargers just don’t work. Also the app is rubbish you need the chargeplace Scotland card. Which chargers are you trying to use?. Pm if you like and I can try to help if local

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Relax!

50KW is NOTHING at 85%! Stop worrying. I would expect the car to take 50KW to well past 90%...

Here in the US (with 150KW or 350KW charging stations) we typically see 100-150KW at around 80-85% SOC. In fact, if I was only getting 50KW at 85% I would be complaining how painful that is... The car decides how much power it can take - not the terminal! (The "charger" is actually inside the car in any case - not in the "EVSE" you are getting your power from. The EVSE Terminal is merely a big electrical source - its NOT the charger).

...and there is absolutely no problem taking your charge all the way to 100% (at whatever speed the car accepts) on an occasional basis. Particularly if you will be "driving it off" in the next 24 hrs...

Who is telling you this is a problem? Who is scaring EV owners into thinking this should be so complicated?
Given the charger had max 50kwh output, it was ok.

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can charge on the ac 22kw no problem. Am using the app (charge car) I can get the chargers to start but the car doesn’t seem to take any juice. Then when I change over to ac works no problem.
Which app is it?

which company ?

if it’s electrocity...it’s them not you or your car. Their 50kw DC chargers are wank.

Isaac

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan GTS
Country flag
Hi all the uk dealerships are meant to be installing dc fast chargers so you could try one of those if close or an Ionity one if nearby - but there aren‘t many in the uk at the moment. Plugging in first may be the answer. V frustrating for you
but look forward to hearing.

Isaac

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan GTS
Country flag
I can charge on the ac 22kw no problem. Am using the app (charge car) I can get the chargers to start but the car doesn’t seem to take any juice. Then when I change over to ac works no problem.
Hi again interesting that you can get 22kw as until recently ac was limited to around 11kw. Its now an option to go to 22kw. All source london charge points are ac only and at 11kw it can take a v long time to charge and you block a charging station in the process for others by being restricted to 11.kw. I think Tesla went to 22kw four years ago. Porsche dropped the ball here in my view. Musk is no mug and even if their cars are suspect you cant deny his achievement.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi again interesting that you can get 22kw as until recently ac was limited to around 11kw. Its now an option to go to 22kw. All source london charge points are ac only and at 11kw it can take a v long time to charge and you block a charging station in the process for others by being restricted to 11.kw. I think Tesla went to 22kw four years ago. Porsche dropped the ball here in my view. Musk is no mug and even if their cars are suspect you cant deny his achievement.
AC Charging? Ouch!

Who's charging their cars via AC charging (unless at home/work)? My hat is off to you for your commitment!
Sponsored