First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi,

Just wondering whos gone with the 4th Screen and 4 Zone Climate. I have it in my build but starting to think it's overkill.
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I did. 4 zone climate has been on every car I have owned for many years, so it feels fairly basic. Agree that the passenger display is a toy. I'm still not sure what good it does. I got it anyway.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Just wondering whos gone with the 4th Screen and 4 Zone Climate. I have it in my build but starting to think it's overkill.
I didn't get either. I don't envision the passenger screen used much in my use case and was too pricey for me. I won't ever see the rear seat screen as the driver so I opted out, but I kinda wish I went with the upgrade to show off to any passengers. Oh well.

4 zone climate has been on every car I have owned for many years...
I believe he means upgrading to the touch screen for the rear passengers.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I ordered neither of these options, opting instead for RWS. My dog will be in the back seat and doesn't do touch screens.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GDHazy

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn't get either. I don't envision the passenger screen used much in my use case and was too pricey for me. I won't ever see the rear seat screen as the driver so I opted out, but I kinda wish I went with the upgrade to show off to any passengers. Oh well.

I believe he means upgrading to the touch screen for the rear passengers.
I have both ticked at the moment just not sure if they are worth £1350 for them, and as r553 said this covers the rws cost. Yeah sorry i meant the rear touch screen, it looks cool but i'm sure it will never get used.

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
I didn’t bother with the rear screen.

I can count on one hand the last time I had rear passengers in my Panamera and to be honest, the rear screen is VERY disappointing compared to the one in my Panamera.

Panamera’s screen shows music and maps etc so seemed worth it, paying for a screen for climate control seemed a waste to me.

OP
OP
GDHazy

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn’t bother with the rear screen.

I can count on one hand the last time I had rear passengers in my Panamera and to be honest, the rear screen is VERY disappointing compared to the one in my Panamera.

Panamera’s screen shows music and maps etc so seemed worth it, paying for a screen for climate control seemed a waste to me.
what about the 4th screen for the passenger? this also seems nice to have but really whos going to use it?

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
what about the 4th screen for the passenger? this also seems nice to have but really whos going to use it?
I did opt for the passenger screen. To be honest it seemed like a nice option when I specced it, however I didn’t realise you needed someone in the seat for it to work.

I went for a Turbo S and hoped you may be able to use it for lap time’s etc

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got it too, but to be honest for me, the entire car is a "nice to have". I thought it may be useful or fun, to have on a longer road trip with my wife or daughter. They may rarely use it, but if they do, then it is a bonus.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I didn't configure the rear climate as I saw that without it they still have buttons for seat heater and manual vents. (Just not custom temp).
Won't often have >2 occupants.

I am getting the passenger screen as requested by my wife, only request. I find having center nav screen changed by passenger annoying to the driver.

If you plan to often have people in back I would get the 4 zone.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
These seem like the 2 most useless options possible ... like I want kids in the back fucking with climate control. And the brightness of the passenger screen is off putting.

2c

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
These seem like the 2 most useless options possible ... like I want kids in the back fucking with climate control. And the brightness of the passenger screen is off putting.

2c
Well, I guess that is why Porsche made those items options. So each owner can decide. ;)

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I wanted the rear screen until I played with it in a demo car. Now I dunno... I'd get it just for the novelty if I do.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wanted the rear screen until I played with it in a demo car. Now I dunno... I'd get it just for the novelty if I do.
You know I would get it in a minute if my parents were still alive and I were to take them places etc. But I agree if you seldom have rear passengers it's a novelty.
Sponsored