52p per KW … ( the new electricity domestic UK cap)

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
Well from October 1st; Porsche OPC charging looks cheap.

IONITY a bargain.

and free ChargeScotland; unreal.

still. At 52p per kW; I think it’s 2/3 of the price of a comparable big diesel. And much nicer to drive.

🤞 😊
Sponsored

Last edited:

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
If that is going to be the price it will work out the same price per mile as my wife’s Disco sport. If diesel costs drop then the Taycan will become more expensive to drive. Hard to believe that when I placed my deposit in July 2021 I was paying 12p/kWh

ptilley42

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
By April next year looking at £1 per Kwh. 40p to 50p a mile. Is it time to switch back to petrol.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Just install solar panels and charge away… not free as the solar panels are expensive. However, with the cost of electricity up in this significant way, the time to get your investment back is halved to 4-5 years and may go lower. Also in many countries and states, provinces or cities, incentives are available.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Well from October 1st; Porsche OPC charging looks cheap.

IONITY a bargain.

and free ChargeScotland; unreal.

still. At 52p per kW; I think it’s 2/3 of the price of a comparable big diesel. And much nicer to drive.

🤞 😊
Don’t forget the cap only applies to domestic rates, big firms will have bought up in bulk at a different price and we will see big solar panels going on the super charges on the much needed roofs the chargers should have !

Also can’t see electricity prices this high forever and think once Ukraine is sorted out it’ll drop. It has to.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Does anyone know if the Porsche 30p rates are fixed for the 3 years or subject to charge ?

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just install solar panels and charge away… not free as the solar panels are expensive. However, with the cost of electricity up in this significant way, the time to get your investment back is halved to 4-5 years and may go lower. Also in many countries and states, provinces or cities, incentives are available.
I ordered solar panels and a battery system months ago. Guess what? There are supply issues so I have no install date. A bit like the wait some of you are having for a Porsche.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
By April next year looking at £1 per Kwh. 40p to 50p a mile. Is it time to switch back to petrol.
I really hope it won’t double again. If it does, no one will charge a hybrid ever and EV sales will stall for a while

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
I really hope it won’t double again. If it does, no one will charge a hybrid ever and EV sales will stall for a while
Depends if it's a company car or not. For example a 911 would have a BIK of 37% per annum compared to 2% for a Taycan, that is the reason EVs work for me.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Depends if it's a company car or not. For example a 911 would have a BIK of 37% per annum compared to 2% for a Taycan, that is the reason EVs work for me.
If you have to own a car through a company then that would obviously make a big difference. For many, though, it is an optional route and I imagine most people would look at running costs as part of the buying process. It will certainly have an impact

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
…once Ukraine is sorted out it’ll drop. It has to.
Problem is, the conflict has potential to drag on for a very long time.
The price is driven by demand, long story short, the world needs alternatives to Russian oil / gas.

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
If you have to own a car through a company then that would obviously make a big difference. For many, though, it is an optional route and I imagine most people would look at running costs as part of the buying process. It will certainly have an impact
I agree, the bottom end of the market will suffer, and Uber drivers will stop snapping up Model 3s and MGs if the prices of electricity continue to rise.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I ordered solar panels and a battery system months ago. Guess what? There are supply issues so I have no install date. A bit like the wait some of you are having for a Porsche.
I ordered solar with batteries mid June, installed 1st week of August.

Charging an EV through solar seems like a pipe dream. The house in general saps the output on most days so there’s no surplus for an EV charge…unless it was a super sunny day and everything in the house was switched off I guess. Even then the draw from the car would probably take from the grid

my solar company told me to forget about using solar for EV charging and just accept that you’re just paying the electricity company for miles not the petrol station. Which will soon be equally expensive sadly

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Maybe you could have installed more panels… I have 100 panels for a total of 31,5kw with a 27,6 kw inverter. Even though I have a very large home consumption due to air-conditioning, home appliances, pool heating and ev charger, it almost covered all of it back in June…

Porsche Taycan 52p per KW … ( the new electricity domestic UK  cap) CC8B1EB5-ED19-4D16-B92B-69070B2C186B
Sponsored