jcroix

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had my 4S for almost 3 months now, with just a couple of glitches. Would definitely buy again:
  • Porsche Connect stopped connecting to the car. Porsche support had to wipe my profile on their side, and I had to regenerate a Porsche ID. Annoying, but the car was still usable. A few settings were lost, but the time consuming stuff (like garage door opener code and comfort settings) were still there.
  • The passenger display didn't activate one time when my wife and I were driving to see her folks on a 2-hour trip. It was annoying only in that it was the first long-distance trip we were going to take in the car, and I bought the display just so she could use it while I was driving. Somewhat embarrassing. Worked on the way back, though.
  • Found out that CarPlay is only activated if you start with a hard-wire link between phone and car. Couldn't get it to work wirelessly when pairing car to phone, and couldn't see anything in instructions that indicated I was doing anything incorrectly. Once I connected with a cable, CarPlay was detected, and I didn't need the car again.
One nice addition to the car came from a fellow forum member. Somewhere on the forum (don't have a link to the post, but it should be easy to find) you can find plans for a 3D printed adapter to go along the side rail of the Taycan to hold your phone. I printed it out, attached an Apple MagSafe charger to it w/ double sided tape, and plugged the wire into the USB in the center glove box. I can just drop my phone on that, keeping it conveniently out of the way but still accessible and charging. Putting the phone into the center glove box to charge is a pain, so this addition solves that problem.

I definitely agree that things are still glitchy and can be vastly improved. Overall, though, I'm extremely happy with my purchase.
Sponsored

ukleinschmidt

First Name
Uwe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Love the write-up and agree. The UX is horrible. Be it the PCM or the app. The new app is better but still has ways to go.
I would still buy it, the first car of many I had, I just fake for a spin just for fun.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My 2020 has had a few glitches but nothing like you’re experiencing. One thing I agree on. Locking using the door button is impossible for one thing. And charging is still a toss up even though I have seen the video “how to” a million times. p&C isn’t. EA often hears from me but they are quick to answer and assist. But overall I love the car. Teased my 911GTS for it and never looked back.
The exterior doors "lock button" is a joke, I agree. The glitches with the PCM / Car play are also annoying (Shouldn't exist on a premium car).

EG White Plains

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Boxster S
Country flag
We have a 2020 4S - took delivery in Sept 2020. Completely agree with the comments on PCM. but would like to add one new one: Last summer the car lost all connectivity with the Porsche servers - the display showed there was no internal sim card. After driving around that way for several weeks and then another 4 weeks at the dealer it was corrected - explanation was that the vehicle somehow got deleted from a server in Germany and it took the that long to figure out how to get it reinstated.
Same thing happened again 2 weeks ago. Need to wait another 2 weeks for the dealership to have a loaner for me, and even though I am pretty sure it will turn out to be a back end issue again, they won't start making calls to try to resolve until the car is physically in the shop. Hopefully will take less time for them to figure it out.
Without the connectivity the My Porsche app does not update for the SOC or current location, and we don't get real time traffic info

DocMart3n

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've owned a Taycan 4S since mid-July 2021 and put on 10K miles. Here is my experience.

The great/good:
- *Dealerships*. Since I bought at a remote dealership, I went to a closer dealership for service, and both have been professional and easy to interact with.
- *Driving*. Car handles beautifully, the ride is very smooth and quiet, despite sitting so low. The power delivery is amazing. Range of ~230 miles is fine by me, even for longer trips with intermediate stops.
- *Instrument cluster*. The curved instrument cluster is functional and easy to read and configure. I've been enjoying the simplified map view (dark background with blue path, white arrows) - so easy to know where to go.
- *Assist features*. The ACC with lane keeping work surprisingly well (in some conditions). In stop and go traffic, cruise control manages speed better than I probably would. However, when merging or splitting, it's not so good at sensing the car infront/off-center - without close supervision, it may lead to an accident.
- *Auto-Regen*. It's brilliant, I love it. However, it doesn't "stick", so I have to long-press the button every time I drive off. Annoying. This has been discussed so much, that Porsche should have just fixed it by now.
- *Aesthetics*. Overall, the car is unique and sharp looking. This was probably my biggest reason for buying.
- *Interior*. The materials and comfort are top-notch, and the execution is impeccable. Zero issues with creaking or fit and finish. This feels like the best place to be in the world.
- *Climate control*. Again, extremely comfortable and easy/fast to adjust. I set the diffuse mode once, and forgot about it. It just works.

The bad/ugly:
- *Servicing*. Getting a service appointment it tough. They need a special technician to work on Taycans, and times are limited. If you need service, prepare to wait and wait. The scope of problems they can fix is also limited - they can reset systems or replace parts, and hopefully raise issues to the "motherland" without ability to provide a fix to you.
- *PCM*. For the first couple months, I would hit a new glitch with PCM almost every day. It's death by a thousand cuts. The PCM is slow and buggy even with basic features. All interactions are incredibly slow - it can take a couple seconds for screen to react to a touch. Scrolling is painfully sluggish as well. A $100 phone has better performance than this. It's really a shame. I routinely see words in German, e.g. "Ziel suchen". There are random messages about system failures - I had those about ACL, SOS, Park Assist, Emergency Stop, Lights, etc. Some may be real, but mostly they seem bogus. It's hard to tell.
- *SiriusXM*. I see pop-up messages about "subscription changed" and "check your antenna" every time car is started. That's just annoying. Dealer said it's a known problem, but un-fixable at this time. Satellite radio worked flawlessly on every other car I've come across.
- *Media/Music*. It routinely takes 3-5 minutes for music to start playing, while it's showing the "loading data..." spinner. Maybe it's a general PCM problem being poorly architected/implemented, but it's unacceptable in a car at this price point.
- *Security*. I had the PIN initially, but it was failing too often and it was slow to take, so I disabled it. As a result, I can drive off faster, but any valet can load my profile and see navigation history, with addresses, as well as adjust settings and such.
- *Multi-driver*. I started with a separate profile for my wife, but just gave up on it -- it's too slow to load a new driver profile. It's also impossible to associate keys with drivers. Sometimes it would fail to load a profile, and make the PCM unusable. So I deleted wife's profile, and we just manually adjust seat from its memory.
- *Charging*. It's been a struggle from day one. At first, Plug&Charge made charging impossible at many EA stations, so I had to turn it off, and used the app to initiate charging. A couple months back I re-enabled P&C and it works in most locations, but not others - so I have to still use the app sometimes. It's been frustrating, but seems to be getting better. EA stations run on Windows XP - I've seen the signage during a reboot. Wow.
- *Navigation*. The navigation is generally good, and it's the first car where I actually use the built-in nav instead of phone. It doesn't "know" about traffic jams very well, which causes sub-optimal routes and inaccurate ETAs. There are also clear bugs, e.g. when instrument cluster map and center screen don't agree on which lane you need to be in. On some intersections, the "next turn" hint is complete bonkers, e.g. "sharp right turn" instead of "left U-turn". Searching for addresses is barely usable, in terms of performance and relevancy. Frequently, when I look up charging stations, the list comes back empty, probably because of some error or connectivity issue.
- *Mobile app*. The Connect app is rated 3 stars and is total garbage - just read user feedback. Porsche seemingly is not even updating it anymore (last update was 3 months ago), I heard they will replace it with something else, and until that happens, I use it as little as possible.
- *Lock by touch*. Sometimes I have to touch the door handle notch 3+ times. It's just not responsive. Dealer acknowledged the problem, and tried to fix it by new battery in the remote key. It's still very flakey.
- *Rear camera*. The distortions are so extreme that it's scary to look at the camera when backing up. At night, the rear view is too dark, barely visible. I also had a white/blank/blinking 360-degree camera view after car was parked under sun (at least I think that's what's causing the issue).
- *Private mode*. I don't understand what it's for. This seems to be the opposite of what's glaringly missing - the Valet mode, which I should be able to turn on remotely. Until last service appointment (when they reset something) the Private mode used to turn on by itself, which meant I wasn't able to use Connect app, or some features like Google search.
- *Alarm*. One day in October, the alarm started going off immediately after locking the car. I found some info in these forums, again, a known issue. Disabling internal monitoring seemed to help.

The most disappointing thing over the 6 months is how little of improvements I've seen. There have been OTA updates for Calendar, News, Legal Info, etc. But the important stuff is seemingly ignored. The PCM is still glitchy, slow and I guess, I have to learn to live with that. Feels like I'm with an abusive relationship with the automaker. Sad.
I love your review, agree with most points and learnt something I did not know about the Taycan (and I have watched every video on the planet): Auto Regen. I will try it in a minute when I drive my 4S back home.

I took my delivery in October 2022 and have done 3000 miles so far. I absolutely love the Taycan. The design, the drive, the quality interior, the engineering. The best of the best. My friend, who has owned Porsches for nearly 40 years drove it racing style the other day (how it should be driven) and said it was the best Porsche he has ever driven.

I laugh about the PCN issues and all the error messages. Usually, time seems to always fix every problem. I relax, lean back, have a G&T and try again the next day. It usually works. And I would definitely buy it again, you cannot get a better car. If you want a Tesla like electronic experience, buy a Tesla (and put up with c.r.a.p engineering, rattling interior and the looks of a Honda). If you want a full blooded race horse with the finest of German engineering, buy a Taycan, but dont worry about the electronics.... But I agree, I am waiting for the update that will make the Porsche a perfect car.... until then I enjoy the driving experience.

Charging is simple and works with the 2021 model though....

TaterTex

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
*Lock by touch*. Sometimes I have to touch the door handle notch 3+ times. It's just not responsive. Dealer acknowledged the problem, and tried to fix it by new battery in the remote key. It's still very flakey.
I’ve found a way to get my 2021 4S to lock by touch the first time I touch the handle. Mine wasn’t locking either until I learned to turn my body…I’m serious!

I keep my key in my right front pocket and before I press the handle to lock I turn so that I am facing the rear of the car and key is now further from the door and I am between the door handle and the key. It works every time.

So, maybe it’s the extra distance from the handle or key sensors that makes it work. Maybe because I am in between the key and the handle/key sensors. Who knows? It just works for me.

I’d be interested in whether or not this works for others.

JohnM2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
I've owned a Taycan 4S since mid-July 2021 and put on 10K miles. Here is my experience.

The great/good:
- *Dealerships*. Since I bought at a remote dealership, I went to a closer dealership for service, and both have been professional and easy to interact with.
- *Driving*. Car handles beautifully, the ride is very smooth and quiet, despite sitting so low. The power delivery is amazing. Range of ~230 miles is fine by me, even for longer trips with intermediate stops.
- *Instrument cluster*. The curved instrument cluster is functional and easy to read and configure. I've been enjoying the simplified map view (dark background with blue path, white arrows) - so easy to know where to go.
- *Assist features*. The ACC with lane keeping work surprisingly well (in some conditions). In stop and go traffic, cruise control manages speed better than I probably would. However, when merging or splitting, it's not so good at sensing the car infront/off-center - without close supervision, it may lead to an accident.
- *Auto-Regen*. It's brilliant, I love it. However, it doesn't "stick", so I have to long-press the button every time I drive off. Annoying. This has been discussed so much, that Porsche should have just fixed it by now.
- *Aesthetics*. Overall, the car is unique and sharp looking. This was probably my biggest reason for buying.
- *Interior*. The materials and comfort are top-notch, and the execution is impeccable. Zero issues with creaking or fit and finish. This feels like the best place to be in the world.
- *Climate control*. Again, extremely comfortable and easy/fast to adjust. I set the diffuse mode once, and forgot about it. It just works.

The bad/ugly:
- *Servicing*. Getting a service appointment it tough. They need a special technician to work on Taycans, and times are limited. If you need service, prepare to wait and wait. The scope of problems they can fix is also limited - they can reset systems or replace parts, and hopefully raise issues to the "motherland" without ability to provide a fix to you.
- *PCM*. For the first couple months, I would hit a new glitch with PCM almost every day. It's death by a thousand cuts. The PCM is slow and buggy even with basic features. All interactions are incredibly slow - it can take a couple seconds for screen to react to a touch. Scrolling is painfully sluggish as well. A $100 phone has better performance than this. It's really a shame. I routinely see words in German, e.g. "Ziel suchen". There are random messages about system failures - I had those about ACL, SOS, Park Assist, Emergency Stop, Lights, etc. Some may be real, but mostly they seem bogus. It's hard to tell.
- *SiriusXM*. I see pop-up messages about "subscription changed" and "check your antenna" every time car is started. That's just annoying. Dealer said it's a known problem, but un-fixable at this time. Satellite radio worked flawlessly on every other car I've come across.
- *Media/Music*. It routinely takes 3-5 minutes for music to start playing, while it's showing the "loading data..." spinner. Maybe it's a general PCM problem being poorly architected/implemented, but it's unacceptable in a car at this price point.
- *Security*. I had the PIN initially, but it was failing too often and it was slow to take, so I disabled it. As a result, I can drive off faster, but any valet can load my profile and see navigation history, with addresses, as well as adjust settings and such.
- *Multi-driver*. I started with a separate profile for my wife, but just gave up on it -- it's too slow to load a new driver profile. It's also impossible to associate keys with drivers. Sometimes it would fail to load a profile, and make the PCM unusable. So I deleted wife's profile, and we just manually adjust seat from its memory.
- *Charging*. It's been a struggle from day one. At first, Plug&Charge made charging impossible at many EA stations, so I had to turn it off, and used the app to initiate charging. A couple months back I re-enabled P&C and it works in most locations, but not others - so I have to still use the app sometimes. It's been frustrating, but seems to be getting better. EA stations run on Windows XP - I've seen the signage during a reboot. Wow.
- *Navigation*. The navigation is generally good, and it's the first car where I actually use the built-in nav instead of phone. It doesn't "know" about traffic jams very well, which causes sub-optimal routes and inaccurate ETAs. There are also clear bugs, e.g. when instrument cluster map and center screen don't agree on which lane you need to be in. On some intersections, the "next turn" hint is complete bonkers, e.g. "sharp right turn" instead of "left U-turn". Searching for addresses is barely usable, in terms of performance and relevancy. Frequently, when I look up charging stations, the list comes back empty, probably because of some error or connectivity issue.
- *Mobile app*. The Connect app is rated 3 stars and is total garbage - just read user feedback. Porsche seemingly is not even updating it anymore (last update was 3 months ago), I heard they will replace it with something else, and until that happens, I use it as little as possible.
- *Lock by touch*. Sometimes I have to touch the door handle notch 3+ times. It's just not responsive. Dealer acknowledged the problem, and tried to fix it by new battery in the remote key. It's still very flakey.
- *Rear camera*. The distortions are so extreme that it's scary to look at the camera when backing up. At night, the rear view is too dark, barely visible. I also had a white/blank/blinking 360-degree camera view after car was parked under sun (at least I think that's what's causing the issue).
- *Private mode*. I don't understand what it's for. This seems to be the opposite of what's glaringly missing - the Valet mode, which I should be able to turn on remotely. Until last service appointment (when they reset something) the Private mode used to turn on by itself, which meant I wasn't able to use Connect app, or some features like Google search.
- *Alarm*. One day in October, the alarm started going off immediately after locking the car. I found some info in these forums, again, a known issue. Disabling internal monitoring seemed to help.

The most disappointing thing over the 6 months is how little of improvements I've seen. There have been OTA updates for Calendar, News, Legal Info, etc. But the important stuff is seemingly ignored. The PCM is still glitchy, slow and I guess, I have to learn to live with that. Feels like I'm with an abusive relationship with the automaker. Sad.
We both took delivery of our cars within a couple of weeks of each other and I've got to say the positives greatly outweigh the negatives you mention, though I agree with your critisicms.

This car plants a shit-eating grin on my face every time I drop into my 14-way seats. I LOVE THIS CAR! And to coin a phrase, nothing comes close.
Your experience matches mine exactly. I am glad I have a two year lease.

bluegrassvroom

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 taycan 4s
Country flag
Got my '21 4s probably within a week or two of you. Stated very well - agree fully (in fact - just made a post - AM I THE ONLY WITH A CRAP PCM)

First time Porsche owner - but i disagree wholeheartedly with someone else's comment - something like "if you want a slick UI then go buy a Tesla"

NOWHERE did the original poster say anything about not enjoying the car. He said he loved driving it in fact. I'm on his side.

When you spend this kind of money on a car- IT'S OK TO EXPECT EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF IT TO WORK FULLY. Yes the car is amazing to drive. Yes it looks AMAZING. But its OK to expect the PCm to work like it should. I'm in Tech - i'd lose my job if i put something this buggy on the market. Period. I think everyone should demand that it works

let me ask the purists and the "go buy a Tesla" people this - if your PC/electronics worked 100% of the time, if the buttons responded and the music came on in 10 seconds (not three minutes) - would you enjoy the car even more? Then why can't we say HEY - GET THIS WORKING PROPERLY. I think we ALL should.

i didn't realize until i read all 4-5 pages of this post topic - if i had an option to replace the entire PCM and have an old push-button radio with a small screen for a camera - would i go to it?

without a doubt i would

And shame on your, Porsche, for making me feel that way in a top-of-the line six digit automobile that's supposed to represent the future of cars

(i'd still drive the hell out of it and smile every time i see it and smile every time i get out of the seat)

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
A lot of apologist commenting here. I’ve had my 4S ten months and the software is quirky ( if you’re being charitable ) and downright irritating if you’re being normal !

And sometimes the door handles pop up, sometimes they don’t. Sometimes the car recognises me, sometimes it doesn’t. The winter battery capacity is poor.

Simply put, I don’t expect to be irritated on a daily basis in a car costing well north of GBP100k.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag

The great/good:

The bad/ugly:

I also have a 21 4S and run the car in South florida.I totally agree with all your observations and in the summer the range in city driving with a lot of airco is about 200 miles.I am especially annoyed with Sirius.When you drive away in the morning you will receive the last station you were tuned into and it takes at least five minutes or so before you can change to another station very annoying.Charging, i find after many out of state trips to Hilton Head is ok on the interstate and plug and charge works on EA stations but once you are on the Island there are no DC charging facilities and you have to rely on the very few public level 2 chargers.I am making a plea to both EA and Tesla to consider building a charging infrastructure on this island

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Got my '21 4s probably within a week or two of you. Stated very well - agree fully (in fact - just made a post - AM I THE ONLY WITH A CRAP PCM)

First time Porsche owner - but i disagree wholeheartedly with someone else's comment - something like "if you want a slick UI then go buy a Tesla"

NOWHERE did the original poster say anything about not enjoying the car. He said he loved driving it in fact. I'm on his side.

When you spend this kind of money on a car- IT'S OK TO EXPECT EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF IT TO WORK FULLY. Yes the car is amazing to drive. Yes it looks AMAZING. But its OK to expect the PCm to work like it should. I'm in Tech - i'd lose my job if i put something this buggy on the market. Period. I think everyone should demand that it works

let me ask the purists and the "go buy a Tesla" people this - if your PC/electronics worked 100% of the time, if the buttons responded and the music came on in 10 seconds (not three minutes) - would you enjoy the car even more? Then why can't we say HEY - GET THIS WORKING PROPERLY. I think we ALL should.

i didn't realize until i read all 4-5 pages of this post topic - if i had an option to replace the entire PCM and have an old push-button radio with a small screen for a camera - would i go to it?

without a doubt i would

And shame on your, Porsche, for making me feel that way in a top-of-the line six digit automobile that's supposed to represent the future of cars

(i'd still drive the hell out of it and smile every time i see it and smile every time i get out of the seat)
Was going to say something similar. Personally, I'd be happy if Porsche put the same infotainment in the Taycan as they now offer a retrofit on the 996 911! Everything you need ,and nothing you dont.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/33144...grade-to-its-eyesore-early-infotainment-units

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
1 week in and absolutely love the car.
So these are offered with a smile.

PCM is poor, clunky and a mystery to Porsche themselves.

Basic Park Assist is dangerous.

Cruise control including adaptive speed limiter is NOT adaptive cruise control!!!

LED interior lighting concept: this is not the Ambient lighting in white only

Small children point and smile as you drive past, so avoid schools at home time.

Especially as the park assist has less the spirit of a young horse and more that of a french existentialist questioning the reality of the wall you are about to hit, its purpose not to warn you of an impending collision but to reassure you that in hitting it you exist.

The rear camera may not in fact be a camera but a series of Google street images streamed via a filter that overlays either a kaleidoscope or smeared butter effect. Under no circumstances attempt to reverse the car at night. As a homage to the very first Porsches that had a man with a flag running in front of the car, to warn pedestrians of the approaching auto, I recommend hiring a philosophy or humanities student to run behind the car when in town. Firstly it’ll prepare them for their likley place in the job market after college and secondly they can stand in any parking space you want to use and wave a red flag when your rear bumper is within 3inches of their legs. Ur Park Assist will at this point still be pondering the meaning of it’s existence whilst your PCM attempts to log you out, deselect Apple Music, switch to German and offer you route directions to Mönchenholzhausen because you’d asked it to ‘phone mom’.

The 22kw charger upgrade is really handy for faster charging about town. Porsche have rectified the ‘minor’ issue that causes failures and cell damage by issuing guidance that;

‘To increase the lifetime of the 22kW on-board charger, when charging from a single-phase power supply, it is recommended to limit maximum power to 25A (6kW)’.

This is fantastic and a great relief having paid £1179 for it. All we need now is someone at Porsche to explain how to increase the lifetime of the 22kW on-board charger, when charging from a single-phase power supply by limiting the maximum power to 25A (6kW).
Because I asked. And they didn’t know.

Otherwise the car is a stunning piece of engineering that makes me smile, even with it’s slightly unhinged mind.

Enjoy

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Ill admit I am new to the car, just got delivery a few days ago. Also coming from tech/UI/UX world, I can tell you that sometimes it just takes time to get used to what the designer/engineer were thinking when they designed and built any piece of machine. These are smart folks, so there has to be a method to it and in general, end users take some time to align with the designers thinking. Similar to what happens with changing phones, we take a while to adapt. In my few days of ownership, I can tell you that this is by far an amazing car to drive, it is so well designed inside out that there is no option but to fall in love with it. The UX is not as bad as it appears when reading this forum, I think being patient with it is important. Now, my perception may change as I go along. But in general, if the car stays the way it has last few days for the next few years, I will be a happy customer. And again, the good thing is that for such a large piece of machine, there are almost 0 complaints on the forum about the motors, suspensions, brakes, steering, body, paint, lights etc... so the fundamentals are strong, Porsche just needs to learn how to put the best makeup on!
Exactly what I think after 20k km and 1.5 years of driving it. Still love it.

I mostly use the second home screen and wish it was not hidden behind a second home button. I also wish they could fix the bug of empty consumption data after switching the car on.

These kind of bugs, which never gets fixed, really puts an emotional dent into the overall quality experience. For me, this is enough, to keep an open mind and buy another EV from another German brand in the coming years.

OP
OP
mod72346

mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
... the good thing is that for such a large piece of machine, there are almost 0 complaints on the forum about the motors, suspensions, brakes, steering, body, paint, lights etc... so the fundamentals are strong, Porsche just needs to learn how to put the best makeup on!
It doesn't take long to find examples of major issues:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/porsche-should-stay-out-of-electric-game.9455/
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/my-taycan-goes-flying-gearbox-out-of-order.2903/
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/stranded-by-electrical-system-failure.9320/
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/drivertrain-electronics-fail-finally-happened.8949/
... and so on.

Yes, you could say that it's just "lemons" - but facts are facts.