6 weeks until collection

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
So, my Taycan ST GTS will probably be here in around 6 weeks, which got me thinking, what do I need to investigate now to make me prepared for when it does arrive:
- programming of the individual mode/button
- layout of main dash screens
- settings for Burmester audio
- programming for remote charging
- usb-c stick for audio files
- anything else

Does this ‘beginner’s guide’ already exist?

What have I missed?!

Thanks
:like:
Sponsored

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Check out this thread HERE. Focusses on collection but there should be a few helpful pointers in the list (which is very long by the way............... ;)).

Mine is ready and waiting. Collecting on 13 Feb all being well and going through the same thoughts....

Porsche Taycan 6 weeks until collection det 1

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Check out this thread HERE. Focusses on collection but there should be a few helpful pointers in the list (which is very long by the way............... ;)).

Mine is ready and waiting. Collecting on 13 Feb all being well and going through the same thoughts....

det 1.jpg
Thanks for this. :like:

Interesting how different you car looks from the Gentian blue one in the recent post made on the ‘Gentian Blue Taycan Club‘ thread!

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Thanks for this. :like:

Interesting how different you car looks from the Gentian blue one in the recent post made on the ‘Gentian Blue Taycan Club‘ thread!
I just posted in there as well lol and noticed how the other car looked in comparison. It's been mentioned before about how the Gentian Blue changes shade and even takes on a purplish hue in different light? One of the reasons I went for it to be honest.

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just posted in there as well lol and noticed how the other car looked in comparison. It's been mentioned before about how the Gentian Blue changes shade and even takes on a purplish hue in different light? One of the reasons I went for it to be honest.
So it’s not just a really boring darkish blue?
:like:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
With my car the sales assistant went through registering the keys and My Porsche app and connecting to all the various things like Apple Music and CarPlay that I wanted to (none in my case ;)) but on top of that I had had best part of 18 months to look into how it worked first and I was invited to a second appointment with a PCM expert to answer any questions I had following first use.

FWIW all I wanted to do was change the order of the icons for functions in the entertainment system so the two I use (radio and USB stick) were the first two, but that wasn’t an option so I still have to scroll down to USB (near bottom and almost guaranteeing an unwanted selection on bumps) from the conveniently placed radio icon.
Generally i found everything I wanted to do easy and logical but there are a LOT of variations compared to what I am used to which take some finding in the multiple menu levels.
I find the access to the comprehensive manual via the My Porsche app to be a godsend.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
FWIW all I wanted to do was change the order of the icons for functions in the entertainment system so the two I use (radio and USB stick) were the first two, but that wasn’t an option…
If I understood your intent correctly, then you absolutely can change the order. Open the source pick list and long press one of the options. That should enable you to rearrange all the sources in whatever order you like.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If I understood your intent correctly, then you absolutely can change the order. Open the source pick list and long press one of the options. That should enable you to rearrange all the sources in whatever order you like.
I’m going out to the car to try that now!

OP
OP
Sidicks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With my car the sales assistant went through registering the keys and My Porsche app and connecting to all the various things like Apple Music and CarPlay that I wanted to (none in my case ;)) but on top of that I had had best part of 18 months to look into how it worked first and I was invited to a second appointment with a PCM expert to answer any questions I had following first use.

FWIW all I wanted to do was change the order of the icons for functions in the entertainment system so the two I use (radio and USB stick) were the first two, but that wasn’t an option so I still have to scroll down to USB (near bottom and almost guaranteeing an unwanted selection on bumps) from the conveniently placed radio icon.
Generally i found everything I wanted to do easy and logical but there are a LOT of variations compared to what I am used to which take some finding in the multiple menu levels.
I find the access to the comprehensive manual via the My Porsche app to be a godsend.
Changing the order of Media items was demonstrated in the YouTube video above - you just drag them around, I think?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Splendid, done it now. I’m sure I could have found it in the manual but though the Porsche PCM expert would do it for me…

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
Thanks - I assume there’s little difference between 2022 v 2023 cars or with US v UK (apart from the obvious!) or with 4S v GTS?
GTS has some more sport-oriented features and options standard, but the PCM software is basically the same. As well as general rules with opening the doors/frunks/trunks (im sorry boot cuz ur british) etc... haha. Charge port is obviously different but other than that, a good general guide for any Taycan/Porsche noob

interestingly, the rear camera looks pretty good on that video? Lots of people seem to complain about it.
Compared to a Tesla or some other car makes, its a solid 6/10. People expect more though because its a porsche. Fairly so, but its not useless.

tomgron

First Name
Tommi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base 2022
Country flag
Just plug in your phone with either media files and/or spotify/itunes and enjoy the drive. The last weeks are the toughest...first 4 months of my waiting period were easy, last 8 weeks were just agony...
Sponsored