DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I had no idea but 7-Elevens “7-Charge” network appears to be online.

I had to leave the house unexpectedly with a low SoC and had to find a charger to add bit to get me home. The PCM found this one.

It was rated in the PCM at 90kW and it was. Worked flawlessly. I only stayed long enough to get what I needed. Pump was shared with a new Kia Niro who appeared to be charging to 100%. Newbies.

Porsche Taycan 7-Eleven Chargers Online! E12B6F38-8857-490D-800A-D2D14697F88F
Sponsored

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
A 7-11 near me (Melbourne, FL) has had 2 for about a year. I NEVER see anyone using them which is weird because it's right of I95. My guess is their network isn't highly advertised.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
A 7-11 near me (Melbourne, FL) has had 2 for about a year. I NEVER see anyone using them which is weird because it's right of I95. My guess is their network isn't highly advertised.
Agreed, I had no idea it was even a thing.

There's an app for it and everything. Rollout appears to be slow, only 2 sites in DFW that I could see.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
... and 7-11 is based in Dallas!! 😄 I read here or somewhere else that they announced a big expansion of it coming. 7-11 wanted to build a new location in my small beach town but they ended up backing out because of opposition and zoning requirements but they were going to add 2 chargers to the location and that was over a year ago.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
7‑Eleven, Inc. Launches New Electric Vehicle Charging Network, 7Charge
RVING, Texas (Mar. 16, 2023) – Today 7‑Eleven, Inc. announced 7Charge, its new, proprietary EV charging network and app that delivers a convenient and reliable fast-charging experience at select 7‑Eleven® stores in the U.S., and coming soon to Canada. 7‑Eleven intends to build one of the largest and most compatible electric vehicle (EV) fast-charging networks of any retailer in North America with the launch of 7Charge, which is already delivering fast-charging services to customers in several locations in Florida, Texas, Colorado, and California.

https://corp.7-eleven.com/corp-pres...new-electric-vehicle-charging-network-7charge

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
@DerekS
Nice info from the app! That looks impressive.
Thanks! I've put a lot of work into streamlining it for the minimal data entry required.

- Rolling up I started the charge stop. SoC and mileage were pulled from the car.
- Once the charge got going, I manually entered the max speed of 89.3 indicated in the car. I also snapped a photo.
- When done, I scanned the charger screen and it entered kWh added, ending SoC and minutes for me automatically. I had to enter cost myself because I scanned the screen before it was displayed, but the app can grab that too.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Recently the 7-Eleven here in Tampa Fl installed two 90kW dispensers. Tried one on my Taycan and it performed flawlessly. I don't remember the cost but on PlugShare here is what they say:

$0.35 per kWh. Parking is free while charging. Idle parking time is charged at $1/minute after a 15 minute grace period.

This may bring other big box stores into the EV charger arena.

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Recently the 7-Eleven here in Tampa Fl installed two 90kW dispensers. Tried one on my Taycan and it performed flawlessly. I don't remember the cost but on PlugShare here is what they say:

$0.35 per kWh. Parking is free while charging. Idle parking time is charged at $1/minute after a 15 minute grace period.

This may bring other big box stores into the EV charger arena.
Same power and price in Melbourne.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great to see more chargers coming online, but 7-11 is an odd location. It is the epitome of quickly picking up something then leaving store, hardly a place where you think of hanging out to charge. Although I guess people could sit in their car enjoying the 4-day old hot dog and slushee.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Great to see more chargers coming online, but 7-11 is an odd location. It is the epitome of quickly picking up something then leaving store, hardly a place where you think of hanging out to charge. Although I guess people could sit in their car enjoying the 4-day old hot dog and slushee.
one positive about 7/11 locations that make them a bit better than wal marts locations is that they are generally close to other businesses that you can walk to. wal marts are usually stand alone places isolated from other shops.
Sponsored