8 way seats - anyone regretted their choice?

Spence

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3M
Country flag
Looking at 8 way seats vs 14.
I’m about 5ft 10 and of medium to slim body proportions, I think it’s a bit of a cheek to charge £1k for the 14 way seats really, the lumbar maybe useful but the lengthening of the squab and the electric steering column etc I can do without.
anyone here ordered the 8 way and regretted it later?
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
If your car has more than one driver then the memory package is very useful.

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does the memory function work as a user programmed to each key for the 14 way seats?

Assume there is also two manual memory functions with the 8 way seats on the door of the car.

JimBoBel

First Name
Jean-Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have no complaints on the 8-way seats to make. We are of the same height... but apparently not exactly the same build.

On the memory package, certainly worth considering IF... you manage to log in to the car with your account (now 2 weeks driving on "guest") and, to benefit for automatic seat adjustment, you can create a secondary account (which, just like the primary account, I"ve been unable to connect to the car)... In a nutshell, very useful if drivers are changing often BUT of very little value with all of the bugs plaguing the daily experience.

OP
OP

Spence

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3M
Country flag
If your car has more than one driver then the memory package is very useful.
very true, it’ll just be me though.

How’s the lower back support and the squab length on the 8 way?

I can’t get into a dealer to try it, if the back support is ok, ie it’s not to squidgy and the if the squab isn’t ridiculously short it sounds like it’ll be fine.
Not worried about resale as it’s a lease

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
very true, it’ll just be me though.

How’s the lower back support and the squab length on the 8 way?

I can’t get into a dealer to try it, if the back support is ok, ie it’s not to squidgy and the if the squab isn’t ridiculously short it sounds like it’ll be fine.
Not worried about resale as it’s a lease
What car are you coming out of for comparison?

Porsche seats are more hard than squidgy. you certainly wont have an issue with the standard seats but you wont have the ultimate cosseting seats. Personally i always get the upgrade seats on any car i buy

OP
OP

Spence

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3M
Country flag
What car are you coming out of for comparison?

Porsche seats are more hard than squidgy. you certainly wont have an issue with the standard seats but you wont have the ultimate cosseting seats. Personally i always get the upgrade seats on any car i buy
coming out of an X3M , before that an M4, I’ve had a lot of cars including 911 gt3s with bucket seats etc, although I was a bit younger then ?.
If the seat is relatively hard and evenly supported then overall I’d prefer that

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
coming out of an X3M , before that an M4, I’ve had a lot of cars including 911 gt3s with bucket seats etc, although I was a bit younger then ?.
If the seat is relatively hard and evenly supported then overall I’d prefer that
After seeing your history, definitely get the upgraded seats
Sponsored