85% Charge Less Miles

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Looking for some expert guidance to understand why my miles on a charge of 85% are reducing. Car is 6 months old, I charge to 85% all the time and it has gone from 240 miles to 213. The weather in west palm is cool (50F) but not sure if this affects the charge.
Thank you.
Sponsored

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
50F is enough to drop range a little.
Best temp for battery range is above 68F

Driving style also plays a role. If you have a heavy foot you will loose estimated range over time.

Try driving "softly" for a couple of charges and you will see it go back up.

OP
OP
Basebull7

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
50F is enough to drop range a little.
Best temp for battery range is above 68F

Driving style also plays a role. If you have a heavy foot you will loose estimated range over time.

Try driving "softly" for a couple of charges and you will see it go back up.
Thanks for the reply. I actually do drive softly but will pay more attention for sure. Thanks again.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Looking for some expert guidance to understand why my miles on a charge of 85% are reducing. Car is 6 months old, I charge to 85% all the time and it has gone from 240 miles to 213. The weather in west palm is cool (50F) but not sure if this affects the charge.
Thank you.
Temperature has a significant impact on reported range after a charging session. The cooler it is the less range typically.

Use of AC for heating will also consume significant amounts of energy (therefore miles).

Search the forum - lots of useful insight to be read.

OP
OP
Basebull7

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Temperature has a significant impact on reported range after a charging session. The cooler it is the less range typically.

Use of AC for heating will also consume significant amounts of energy (therefore miles).

Search the forum - lots of useful insight to be read.
Thank you! It’s been very cool for Florida last few weeks so I think you’re right.

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Temperature.... I just got my Taycan CT 4S and I have been driving at -20 Degree celcius here and I get at most 160 miles at 85% of charge. Battery is regularly at 0 degree celcius in driving (32 F).

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Thank you.
I think that you have put the finger on it - drop in temperature. I live in Texas and the same happened to me in late fall. When I first got my car (February 2021) an 85% charge would generally take the SOC to about 205-215 projected miles. As the summer came on AND I put more miles on the car an 85% charge would now get me to 240-250 projected miles.............and then it started dropping when fall rolled around. Now an 85% charge gets me to 215-220 miles in a garage that has about a 58 degree temperature. When I take the car out of the garage AND the outside temp is now in the high 20s/low 30s the SOC range drops to 208-210 miles WITHIN 1/2 miles of leaving the house. I am very interested to see what happens in March when our Texas temps start to go up.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I live in West Palm as well. This morning my car said about 21 miles less at the same charge level as normal because of the cold. By afternoon I had driven 10-15 miles but my range was about the same as when I started the day.

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
I'm in Glasgow (Scotland). Temperature is around 6-8 degrees Celsius.

I have a 4S CT. I have preheating timers on. Always have heated seats and heated steering wheel on. AC set at 21-22 degrees Celsius. And I drive it like a Porsche ?

85% gives me 165 miles.
Sponsored