Joe JAX

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
Better keep the Carrera like I did, you may need it! I kept my C4S Cab. manual to go with my new 2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo. I would have gone for the 4S but the 4 is all that was available within the time I wanted to wait. I did sell my BMW M3 manual which was my daily driver. My new Taycan 4CT is a great car but it has now been in the shop for 15 days straight with no end in site. As such I am driving the Carrera since no one has loaner cars these days.

Relative to a new 2023 4S vs a preowned Turbo, I would go with the new one, My 4 is more than adequate so i think most people will be happy with a 4S. Also I don't miss the M3 even though it was a great car. I would however miss my Carrera.
Sponsored

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
I've no experience of 911's but it sounds like you have a similar view re. 4S v Turbo as myself, i.e. the 4S is more than enough car (still the best value Taycan variant IMO) but every now and then, when the stars align and conditions and one's mood permits, the Turbo takes it up a notch for brief bursts...on such occasions, I think that PTV+ is a key part of the Turbo experience, so if you are looking at 4S specs, I'd recommend concentrating on examples that have the PTV+ option- I'd guess that you won't see many.
Have a look on the GTS in second hand all the most important option is on the standard option included. On the second hand market it will be easier to find with the ptv+ and battery p+ ;)

OP
OP
Ant18

Ant18

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 992 4s / Cayenne coupé e hybrid
Country flag
Hi guys,
Been viewing a turbo today and not sure if I should pull the trigger. The car is clean but not from a porsche dealer. Got few good options, missing couple that I wanted. Not sure if I'm being too picky
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202305177488185
Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
Very pleased with my 2020 Turbo which is similar to what you're looking at, except for rear-wheel steering and a few other options. Does the Taycan listed come with the Bose or, even better, the Burmester stereo?

By the way, don't miss the 911 Turbo as it's better suited on the track; not ideal for urban traffic or the poorly kept roads here in the Bay Area. The Taycan, for me, is highly versatile. It can be docile and serene in city traffic, a brute when it comes to acceleration and handling, and amazingly well-planted while rocketing around curves and bends out in the countryside, all the while delivering a smooth, non-jarring ride.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ant18

Ant18

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very pleased with my 2020 Turbo which is similar to what you're looking at, except for rear-wheel steering and a few other options. Does the Taycan listed come with the Bose or, even better, the Burmester stereo?

By the way, don't miss the 911 Turbo as it's better suited on the track; not ideal for urban traffic or the poorly kept roads here in the Bay Area. The Taycan, for me, is highly versatile. It can be docile and serene in city traffic, a brute when it comes to acceleration and handling, and amazingly well-planted while rocketing around curves and bends out in the countryside, all the while delivering a smooth, non-jarring ride.
Hi, yes it has the Bose. Not badly spec over all but missing the bloody folding mirror haha why would you not tick that box especially in the UK where let's say that the parking spaces are far from being wide. Would have loved the adaptive cruise and couple of other things but I guess can't have it all at that price for the year and the mileage. Just wondering if I should just wait for another one to come along. Do you guys think the market price will continue to go down? Is the face-lift just around the corner...

OP
OP
Ant18

Ant18

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey guys,
So there we are my beloved 911 Miami blue is gone, still not sure how I feel about that but I had to make room for the new toy!
Porsche Taycan 911 to Taycan? 70852760654__336B6115-C11A-4A3F-A78E-946F07B9FE69

Porsche Taycan 911 to Taycan? IMG_7481

4NIQUES

First Name
Tennika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2022 BMW M4 Competitio Convertible
Country flag
I’m getting a 911 C 4 GTS. It’s an amazing car to drive really nimble and fun, but, if it was between my Taycan GTS and the 911 it would be the taycan all day. It’s just so capable and gives you 90% of the 911 but way more space and the ride is just sublime and serene on the road. I actually think it turns heads more than the 911 too if that’s selling point for you. Whatever you decide, it’s a nice problem to have 😎
TOUGH CHOICE!!!

My two cents here!! I have a 2022 BMW M4 Competition Convertible. It is new obviously BUT my next car in my opinion should and would have been a 911 for sure - hands down -besides being my dream car - it is the natural progression to the 911 (and how I do love thee)... however, I picked up a 2020 Taycan 4S and it is a dream. To me of course the 911 is iconic BUT the Taycan is a head turner for sure! (I still have my M4 and will keep that until probably 2028).

Can you afford to keep your 911 and buy the 4S 2020 to save on costs? Either way, tell us what you decide. Good luck!
Sponsored