OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
thanks... can you link to where you bought the tire? Was that form Porsche Silver Spring? I can find the wheel.. just not the tire..thanks again
Exactly, yes, Silver Spring,
Cheers, C.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A few pics of the car lowered 25mm (ca 1") from the OEM 'Lowered" Chassis height - posting these if anything to remind me to look into some spacers :)!

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6738

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6740

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6742

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6743

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Finally creeping towards the 'magical' 300 mile range number - not quite there yet :)!

Posting as I drive my car as I drove all my ICE cars i.e. no babying it and definitely no intent to try to conserve SoC.

Others, especially those with >300 miles predicted ranges, are commonly more conservative, often driving more frequently in Range mode (in itself effecting 'predicted' ranges) in an attempt to max. their range.

So this just a positive observation that you can get really good range with 'normal' driving in the city albeit of course in a hot climate!

My 'predicted' range in Range Mode (which I genuinely have yet to use and suspect if I did that my predicted estimates might improve further!), and with AC off after charging last night, is at 287 miles - cool - makes me wonder if the efficiency improvements 2020-2022 cars will receive (i.e. 2nd motor and battery management etc.) will bump this closer to that 300 mile for my setup.

For ref:

1) I drive almost entirely in Normal flipping occasionally into Sport, have the AC always on (except in our short Houston winter) and
2) temps have as you all know being crazy high all summer (almost the entire of July and end of June over 100F and feel like temps of 105-120F).
3) mainly city to suburbia diving with next to no major elevation changes in Houston
4) other than road trips (6 or so long ones since new) most of my trips are short i.e. 20-80 miles.
5) Car was picked up 3rd week of Dec 2021 so in my possession ca 7 months but in respect driving, more like 5.5 months as with overseas trips and custom shop visits it was parked/static for ca 6-8 weeks.

Pics after charging last night:

AC off and in Range Mode predicted - 244/0.85 = 287 miles predicted at 100% SoC.

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6760

AC on ECO with Range mode loses 8 mi of range. For predicted 100% SoC = 236/.85 = 278 miles:

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6759

And full AC on and in Normal mode drops a further 7 mi of range (100% SoC = ca 270 miles):

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6756

Last edited:

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
makes me wonder if the efficiency improvements 2020-2022 cars will receive (i.e. 2nd motor and battery management etc.) will bump this closer to that 300 mile for my setup.
I do wonder if pre-March MY22 models will gain any range benefits from the Cluster 37 uPdate. Mine’s a November ‘21 vintage MY22 - and I recall the 2nd motor disengage optimization was already a thing. Any idea if the Cluster 37 uPdate takes range beyond the Q4’21-Q1’22-MY22 baseline?

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do wonder if pre-March MY22 models will gain any range benefits from the Cluster 37 uPdate. Mine’s a November ‘21 vintage MY22 - and I recall the 2nd motor disengage optimization was already a thing. Any idea if the Cluster 37 uPdate takes range beyond the Q4’21-Q1’22-MY22 baseline?
No and suspect we are all in the dark a bit on specifics - mine too a November 2021 build (received Dec) and also wondered if there were any real gains to be had for my vehicle on listening to the vids and posts on this - suspect minimal but TBH, anything bonus in my book.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
They're replacement and smoked from suncoast. The car is on so the yellow light is on. When off they're smoked color
Nice car btw. Mine will look similar provided Porsche ever manages to build me one. I'm starting to lose hope, as some dealers have stopped responding to my periodic (every couple of months) email status checks. I know is a couple of situations the original sales person is no longer with the dealership (I guess something Porsche has to start accounting for with years between order and delivery), but even the newly assigned substitutes seem to not even care enough to bother answers a quick status email 6 times a year, which tells me the allocations have probably dried up, or they are ordering to sell to other states with large ADM (something which a Merc dealer told me when I inquired about an EQS few months back - apparently all their orders were going to California with $25K+ ADM).

murphy12345

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Nice car btw. Mine will look similar provided Porsche ...
Thank you! Its worth the wait.
I have a Rivian R1T with max pack on order and will hopefully arrive next year and will be interesting to compare as daily. I'd imagine the R1T will be better as all around practical and versatile vehicle but we'll see

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Thank you! Its worth the wait.
I have a Rivian R1T with max pack on order and will hopefully arrive next year and will be interesting to compare as daily. I'd imagine the R1T will be better as all around practical and versatile vehicle but we'll see
I've waited over 13 months so far and the dealers are now ghosting me as I mentioned earlier (I've been pinging them every 2 months, so nothing excessive). I suspect they just don't care to talk to customers knowing they probably won't be with the dealership by the time the customer gets the car (2 of the dealers this is already the case, and I haven't even gotten an allocation), or perhaps simply that customers will get bored after a few years waiting and never get the Porsche at all. EQS AMG is now out - not my first choice but a car in a garage beats a deposit receipt in a drawer every time, so if Mercedes can get me one of those sooner that a Taycan, I'll forget about Taycan for few years. Taycan is starting to feel like the new Tesla Roadster, looks great online but I cannot buy one.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've waited over 13 months so far and the dealers are now ghosting me as I mentioned earlier (I've been pinging them every 2 months, so nothing excessive). I suspect they just don't care to talk to customers knowing they probably won't be with the dealership by the time the customer gets the car (2 of the dealers this is already the case, and I haven't even gotten an allocation), or perhaps simply that customers will get bored after a few years waiting and never get the Porsche at all. EQS AMG is now out - not my first choice but a car in a garage beats a deposit receipt in a drawer every time, so if Mercedes can get me one of those sooner that a Taycan, I'll forget about Taycan for few years. Taycan is starting to feel like the new Tesla Roadster, looks great online but I cannot buy one.
My sincere commiserations - what a massive pain - hopefully something changes for the better soon!

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Finally creeping towards the 'magical' 300 mile range number - not quite there yet :)!

Posting as I drive my car as I drove all my ICE cars i.e. no babying it and definitely no intent to try to conserve SoC.

Others, especially those with >300 miles predicted ranges, are commonly more conservative, often driving more frequently in Range mode (in itself effecting 'predicted' ranges) in an attempt to max. their range.

So this just a positive observation that you can get really good range with 'normal' driving in the city albeit of course in a hot climate!

My 'predicted' range in Range Mode (which I genuinely have yet to use and suspect if I did that my predicted estimates might improve further!), and with AC off after charging last night, is at 287 miles - cool - makes me wonder if the efficiency improvements 2020-2022 cars will receive (i.e. 2nd motor and battery management etc.) will bump this closer to that 300 mile for my setup.

For ref:

1) I drive almost entirely in Normal flipping occasionally into Sport, have the AC always on (except in our short Houston winter) and
2) temps have as you all know being crazy high all summer (almost the entire of July and end of June over 100F and feel like temps of 105-120F).
3) mainly city to suburbia diving with next to no major elevation changes in Houston
4) other than road trips (6 or so long ones since new) most of my trips are short i.e. 20-80 miles.
5) Car was picked up 3rd week of Dec 2021 so in my possession ca 7 months but in respect driving, more like 5.5 months as with overseas trips and custom shop visits it was parked/static for ca 6-8 weeks.

Meant to add - and these numbers are with me always "lugging" around a spare wheel and jack kit in the trunk :)!! Also my wife ca 35% of the time but she's so light it almost doesn't count :)
Sponsored