ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
SOLD!

Throwing a feeler out here first but after a long and quite difficult discussion with myself (!) I may decide to uninstall my CETE system and sell it on - BIG deal for me.

The main reason for this rather radical move on my part is simply that Houston roads are truly disastrous and genuinely getting worse. Although I REALLY like the option to lower my ride height to where I think it should be, the sad fact is that Houston roads in my neighborhoods are a giant PITA for lowered cars. I just know at some point I'm going to forget/make a poor judgement call and end up damaging something. Not 100% as yet on this decision as of course I will be eating a lot of cost (install + removal labor + given previously installed I will provide a very generous discount on sale) but need to land on a decision very soon here.

Bottomline advice is that, it is a great system and works like a charm and as advertised - very slick - but if you drive frequently in areas with trash roads like ours it probably won't suit. Of course if you have half decent road surfaces on your regular ride and want the ultimate finely tuned ability to instantly set any ride height you want in mm's then this is the only choice imo.

Pretty bummed about our local state of affairs - really hit home after the last few international and inter-state trips where I drove long distances on "normal" roads - had almost forgotten what it feels like!

If anyone has an early interest just ping me - otherwise I'll put the system up for sale on separate thread in the near future assuming I proceed.

PS: I do not have the original packaging but have pics as posted here :) - and both Alex at CETE and Sean Doyle at TAG Motorsports can both validate original purchase and vouch for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Throwing a feeler out here first but after a long and quite difficult discussion with myself (!) I may decide to uninstall my CETE system and sell it on - BIG deal for me.

The main reason for this rather radical move on my part is simply that Houston roads are truly disastrous and genuinely getting worse. Although I REALLY like the option to lower my ride height to where I think it should be, the sad fact is that Houston roads in my neighborhoods are a giant PITA for lowered cars. I just know at some point I'm going to forget/make a poor judgement call and end up damaging something. Not 100% as yet on this decision as of course I will be eating a lot of cost (install + removal labor + given previously installed I will provide a very generous discount on sale) but need to land on a decision very soon here.

Bottomline advice is that, it is a great system and works like a charm and as advertised - very slick - but if you drive frequently in areas with trash roads like ours it probably won't suit. Of course if you have half decent road surfaces on your regular ride and want the ultimate finely tuned ability to instantly set any ride height you want in mm's then this is the only choice imo.

Pretty bummed about our local state of affairs - really hit home after the last few international and inter-state trips where I drove long distances on "normal" roads - had almost forgotten what it feels like!

If anyone has an early interest just ping me - otherwise I'll put the system up for sale on separate thread in the near future assuming I proceed.

PS: I do not have the original packaging but have pics as posted here :) - and both Alex at CETE and Sean Doyle at TAG Motorsports can both validate original purchase and vouch for me.
Don't bother advertising to WA owners. WA roads are the worst. I've driven all over the USA, I could always tell I entered WA state just by the feel of the road. Long time ago, when I moved from CA to WA, I remember stopping multiple times on a highway thinking I had a tire blow out on my 911 which I brought with me from CA. I actually experienced a complete tire blowout on the 911 in CA at 90mph (who knew you can actually wear through a brand new tire in ~5K miles - I was younger then and enjoyed more spirited driving ;) ) so I know how it feels. Driving on WA roads actually made the 911 feel the same as if the tire blew. Since then I've been getting smaller wheels on my cars to get more pothole protection - for my Taycan build I speced out the 20" wheels even though I do think the 21"would look better. If I still lived in CA, I would have gone for 21".

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@ciaranob How is the Mustart J1772 extension cord working out for you? Still satisfied with it?
Yep - works like a champ and seems to be solidly built etc. - zero issues/errors when used to date but TBH have not used it that many time either.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yep - works like a champ and seems to be solidly built etc. - zero issues/errors when used to date but TBH have not used it that many time either.
Thanks. Good to know. Not having to use it is probably a good thing. ;)

jonbek

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag

If you do decide to sell, drop me a line, I'm interested.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
SOLD!

OK - late to act as have been mulling this back and forth but my CETE system officially for sale :)!

System price on site where I purchased mine:
https://tagmotorsports.com/cete-ble-porsche-active-lowering-module

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 10.04.13 AM

I will provide a very significant discount (let me know your price) for an essentially unused system but also of course now verified as completely functional! Was on the car probably less than 2-3 weeks and now off it is still in as new condition. I do not have the original packaging as TBH I initially had no plans to resell!

Rather than repeat myself, please see above post for rationale of sale #256

I will post it up here first simply as many folk who followed this thread are aware of my history and have similar interests.

Installation manuals are PDFs you receive after purchase and I will forward to whomever buys the system - I can also provide the info for Alex the owner of teh company that represents CETE in the USA (great contact).

Some pics of the system laid out ready to install:

The Master and Slave modules are plugged into their respective harnesses.

Full system - Master+harness on left, Slave system on right.
Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6790

Close up of Master (top) and slave modules and the coiled up wire that is used to tap the CANBUS.
Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6791

And:

Close up of plugs on Master harness (to bypass OEM sensors):
Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6792

Close up of plugs on Slave harness (to bypass OEM sensors):
Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6793

Last edited:

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, a slow day in Paradise :) (!) but went ahead and painted the inner bright silver unfinished parts that are visible when you remove the covers to install the rear carrier :) Seriously minor stuff but just bugs me enough to do it and TBH it looks way better to me! Might need another angle to highlight but next time you have yours off you'll see what I mean!!

Here is a pic of the unpainted areas (stolen from Will's thread as forgot to take a pic bef I painted mine!):
Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods BBF85B3F-7A01-4DB3-B8CE-E27C78F7BCE9

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6800

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another charge to 85% today that provides up to a 'predicted' 286 miles of range if at 100% - in Range Mode with A/C off.

In Normal mode with full AC on I would get ca 266 miles with a 100% charge.

These range estimates fairly consistent now from early-mid summer to present.

No idea if the uPdate yet to be installed soon will add anything to this - technically it ought to even with a November '21 2022 model year build - TBD - but happy with this!

And for those interested I drive with AC on all the time and genuinely have yet to drive more than a mile in Range mode (i.e. the predictions are based almost entirely from a car with this settings as std), have 21" summer performance tires on a hefty CT, always drive in 'Low' chassis and most def no not 'baby' the car in respect driving style :) Obviously hot temps in Houston and low topography.

Had similar results a month or so ago - just updating to show consistency.

Range Mode no A/C calculates to 286 mile range at 100%

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6813

Range Mode with EcoPlus AC - 1 mile drop :)!

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6814

Range Mode with ECO AC calculates to ca 278 mile predicted range:

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6816

And Normal Mode - my std mode with FULL AC on - still gives ca 266 miles of predicted range:

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6818

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
regarding the suspension kit - is there any concept to the opposite? something that could raise it up higher than it normally would in Lift mode? I have a steep drivway and a sedan barely scrapes. I'm hoping my CT4S won't (if it ever actually arrives). In the mean time, that GTS ST looks amazing but ideally i could lift it a bit coming in.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
regarding the suspension kit - is there any concept to the opposite? something that could raise it up higher than it normally would in Lift mode? I have a steep drivway and a sedan barely scrapes. I'm hoping my CT4S won't (if it ever actually arrives). In the mean time, that GTS ST looks amazing but ideally i could lift it a bit coming in.
Well the CETE system will actually raise it beyond factory spec but TBH I would def wait for your car to arrive and test the OEM lift settings as the Gravel mode (if you're getting a std Ct vs ST) will I suspect MORE than cover your lift requirements - not sure which post you're referring to re the ST?

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
FINAL 'MEGA' UPDATE: Please go to this page in this thread to see the final Satin black pain conversion of all the OEM patterned plastic and install of the CETE suspension system controller. All has worked out perfectly and I am over the moon with the final finish.

FOR FINAL EXTERIOR MOD PICS PLEASE Jump to page update post here : #197

Teaser:

IMG_5600.jpeg

IMG_3905 copy.jpg

By my SA Jake of Porsche North, Houston, TX - sneaky - taken while I was paying for this beast :)!

More recent pic with painted fenders for comparison:
IMG_5239.jpeg

IMG_5280.jpeg

IMG_5468.jpeg

IMG_5283.jpeg

IMG_5288.jpeg

IMG_5287.jpeg

Jan 25, 2022: MAJOR UPGRADE - PAINTED ARCHES - more pics in thread :)

A BEFORE picture with black plastic OEM arches

IMG_4697.jpeg

and a couple of AFTER pictures with painted arches - close-ups deeper in thread:
IMG_4884.jpeg

IMG_4887.jpeg

Thought I'd set up a thread to post all my future mods to my 2022 CT 4S. Some of these will have to happen in Jan-Feb 2022 (supply chain issues).

Timeline

Order placed on July 7th, 2021.
Original Freeze Sept. 3 - changed 3 times
Initial predicted delivery November 11th - changed 3 times (one point into mid-January!)
Actual arrival to Houston Port Dec 8.
Delivery to Dealer Dec 10 - awesome as can claim $7500 tax credit :)

Once I pick up my car from the dealer this coming Tuesday (Dec 21), I'll share a lot more detailed pics of the features and small mods. done to date.

Mine is a rather heavily spec'd CT as follows:

Build Spec:

2022 (Nov. build) Taycan 4S Cross Turismo with PB+

Paint: Volcano Grey Metallic
Leather: Extended Bordeaux red and black
External mirrors painted in exterior color with gloss black base
Model designation on rear in body color
Technology Package (as part of Premium Pkg.)
  • Passenger display
  • Remote park assist
  • HUD
  • LCA
  • ACC
Performance Package
  • Electric sport sound
  • PTV+
  • PDCC Sport
  • Sport chrono pkg.
  • Rear axle steering
Premium Package
  • Power/folding mirrors
  • LED matrix design headlights in glacier blue
  • 3D Surround view
  • Ionizer
  • 14-way power seats with memory
  • Massage seats (front) & ventilated seats (front)
  • Bose surround system
Cross Turismo 21” Design Wheels in Gloss Black
Noise and thermally insulated glass
Gloss black exterior inlays
Electric charge panel door
Black brushed aluminum door sills
Sport Chrono compass with Bordeaux red background
Porsche logo on front/rear headrests
Console trim in leather
Advanced 4-zone climate control
Heated seats in rear
Interior accents in Dark Silver
Night thermal vision assist
PIRM
150kw/400v onboard DC charger

Modification List (random order):
  1. Clear Side Markers - INSTALLED
  2. Painted replacement reflectors for rear side and rear red reflectors - INSTALLED but see #3
  3. MAJOR UPDATE - NEW ADD: Adding big paint update - all textured back plastic to be sanded/primed and painted a Satin Black - in concert with body work to permanently remove the rear side reflectors and 'patch' (plastic weld) the lic. plate holder to Euro spec. look and paint the embedded red rear red reflectors satin black also; finally the black plastic on the charge doors and the 'tear drops' around the lights to be gloss black - DONE.
  4. Air suspension ‘CETE’ system - Received - install April 18 2022.
  5. Window Tint (Xpel - free from Dealer) - INSTALLED
  6. Xpel Ultimate font half PPF - INSTALLED
  7. Personalised license plate and tag (P-CT4S - OK, I know not really a mod!) - DONE but see #3
  8. Painted body color wheel arches - DONE
  9. Replace ’Monkey Butt’ license plate holder - with custom body work - Temporary Plug fix installed - Plastic Welding and Body work filler/Paint - DONE.
  10. Disable rear hatch beeper - Pending
  11. STEK front windshield PPF transparent - INSTALLED
  12. FitCam and radar-laser solution - TBD - add ons not true mods - FitCam INSTALLED - Radar PENDING
  13. Display Screen Protectors - from Suncoast Porshce - INSTALLED
Other bits and pieces added:
  1. LUNO Air mattress - really cool piece of kit - see post #37
  2. Mustart J1772 (upgraded) 20ft. extension cable - see here: #141
  3. Soft sided cooler for frunk
  4. MAJOR add is Will's Bicycle Rack holder and separately installed integrated light system
  5. Tesla Tap adapter but also two addl adapters for Marine charge pts etc.
  6. Home EVSE is a ChargePoint Flex - works just brilliant and fully WiFi connected.

This is what I had envisioned/rendered the plate holder area to look like once modified and showing my custom plate - totally doable and will be on April 18, 2022.
The clear reflectors rendered here are instead to be replaced with body colored painted ones.
This pic also a rough render by me of the pre-planned painted arches (quite a few forum members ahead of me here) and lowered stance (CETE) once completed :)

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 11.29.51 AM.png

Temporary $20 FIX FOR THE MONKEY BUTT :) - DIY COLOR MATCHED PLUGS!
Also REAR PAINTED REFLECTORS INSTALLED - replace rear and side red reflectors:

Super simple solution retains max. area of OEM bumper, finished plug edges look good but I found a color matching grey primer spray paint (multiple coats) and a 'chalk' clear clear-coat and the result a near perfect match to the grey finish o the OEM bumper! This pic after I had replaced all the red reflectors on rear end too:

IMG_5077.jpeg

Compared to Monkey Butt (my car in dealership) - no contest to my eye:
Monkey Butt.png

DELIVERY OFF THE TRUCK:

Picture right off the truck on arrival at my dealership - still in 'monster truck' transport block mode:

image001.jpg

Undergoing PDI at the dealership - got caught in a heavy rain shower overnight outside so rather dirty at this stage :):

IMG_4630.jpeg

PDI Complete and ready to send off to the Xpel shop for PPF and tint (still in bad need of washing!):

image012.jpg

A teaser from my SA - PPF (front half) and Tint applied and full detail of the car by dealership (lot more to come):

image0.jpeg

Looking forward to Tuesday :)

Awesome day so far - believe it or not but I got EVERYTHING with my car i.e. two key fobs, all electronics (steering column, phone charger, TPMA, Sun sensor etc.) - amazing. The only hiccup so far is I cannot register i.e. login to create my profile on teh car. Annoying but will get there.

Just throwing some pics out here from delivery - actually took them before I had the clear side markers put on but will add more pics later - man, spectacular drive home in all Sport Plus more :) This thing is a smooth as silk and forgot to mention, walking up to it for the first time just really emphasizes how sleek and low profile the car is in person - seems particularly hard to replicate in pictures as they tend to 'inflate' the rear end!

Finally did a quick charge check at home at immediately got 10.5 kW with my ChargePoint HomeFlex - nice!

Early days - more to come - unfortunately the sun was pouring through the clear garage door so a bit washed out:

IMG_4662.jpg

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4676.jpg

IMG_4668.jpg

IMG_4669.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

IMG_4677.jpg

Back home - the hips on this thing! :)
Bit of a deceptive angled shot as that is a two-car opening!!

IMG_4679.jpg

Ignore range as obviously not broken in yet but nice charge rate :)

IMG_4685.jpg

My SA set this pic up on way back from service where they installed the clear side markers on pick-up day whilst I was paying for the thing - good one Jake :)
IMG_3905.jpg
How does one disable the rear hatch beeper? It’s so annoying.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How does one disable the rear hatch beeper? It’s so annoying.
There are a few threads that address this on the forum - try a forum search.

I have not as yet done so myself TBH - agreed re annoying but I guess hasn't ranked high enough yet to get it done - solutions include simply disconnecting it to a PCM software de-activation but latter not straightforward if I recall those who reported having it done this way. If I find the link I'll repost....

Just searched and here is one thread:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/silencing-the-trunk-beeper.1426/
Sponsored