OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
will the Cete device allow you to raise the car higher than the highest factory height in gravel mode?
Honestly don't know the answer - what it can do is raise it to its physical designed maximum - if that is in fact higher than the Gravel mode setting then presumably so but you'd need to confirm this with the manufacturers or ping the guys at TAG or other Pro shops that install theses units (this will be my first time installing CETE on my own vehicle). I do know that it will lower it below the lowest factory setting.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is simply a plug to plug solution vs having to tap into the cars wires as the basic install requires. I’ve tapped into car wires for many other types of installs but decided for this application I did not want to risk any kind of short or bad connection etc. I’d need to go back but did you look at the TAG site - can’t recall if they have a vid yet - there are similar P and P harnesses for CETE installs in other Porsche models - out and about right now but can check later.
Guessing you already looked at these (and no, no install vid)?:

https://tagmotorsports.com/cete-ble-porsche-active-lowering-module

https://europrice.us/module-package-taycan-air-suspension-cete-porsche-lowering

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...ctive-suspension-control-air-suspension.4943/

Last edited:

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Waiting on a local Body & Paint shop (designated Porsche repair shop) here in Houston to provide a quote on my plastic fenders - had to laugh as the assessor (young chap) was unaware my car was electric :), but also that their databases were not populated with the 2022 CT's parts and he has to retrieve the data from the dealership to provide a proper quote - will be back to me at some point!
Need to look at other options but not that easy to find it turns out - at least ones you'd trust!

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Waiting on a local Body & Paint shop (designated Porsche repair shop) here in Houston to provide a quote on my plastic fenders - had to laugh as the assessor (young chap) was unaware my car was electric :), but also that their databases were not populated with the 2022 CT's parts and he has to retrieve the data from the dealership to provide a proper quote - will be back to me at some point!
Need to look at other options but not that easy to find it turns out - at least ones you'd trust!
Make sure they order the correct ones in front. Surround view / parking system adds a sensor in the front wheel arches. My dealer ordered the turbo S wheel arches to paint and install when my CT will arrive in a couple of weeks. I think it will be around 1.500 euro for the parts.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Make sure they order the correct ones in front. Surround view / parking system adds a sensor in the front wheel arches. My dealer ordered the turbo S wheel arches to paint and install when my CT will arrive in a couple of weeks. I think it will be around 1.500 euro for the parts.
Ah, no - I am sanding, prepping and painting the original arches on the car - not planning to order another set - gets pricey but can certainly see why you might prefer that option. These guys just need part codes to add to their database to assess custom painting cost.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Ah, no - I am sanding, prepping and painting the original arches on the car - not planning to order another set - gets pricey but can certainly see why you might prefer that option. These guys just need part codes to add to their database to assess custom painting cost.
This is what my dealer suggested. I didn’t hear about the solution you are doing. Do you think you will have a perfect smooth finish? I would like to see the result !

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is what my dealer suggested. I didn’t hear about the solution you are doing. Do you think you will have a perfect smooth finish? I would like to see the result !
Definitely - did the same for example on my wife’s Mini Cooper S and looks like a factory finish (posted it on another of my mods threads) - could be wrong but I think the chap from Belgium or The Netherlands (black CT) had his done this way too. Dependent as always on the quality of the shop being used!

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well shoot - just had an update from Sean at TAG Motorsports and it turns out the Plug-and-Play harness for the CETE module I have on order is now only available for the Cayenne!!

Properly sucks - need to consider if I want to go ahead and tap into the car's wires (in itself not a deal breaker but it is a Taycan!) - will come back after I discuss with TAG.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
IMG_3905 copy.jpg

Thought I'd set up a thread to post all my future mods to my 2022 CT 4S. Some of these will have to happen in Jan-Feb 2022 (supply chain issues).

Timeline

Order placed on July 7th, 2021.
Original Freeze Sept. 3 - changed 3 times
Initial predicted delivery November 11th - changed 3 times (one point into mid-January!)
Actual arrival to Houston Port Dec 8.
Delivery to Dealer Dec 10 - awesome as can claim $7500 tax credit :)

Once I pick up my car from the dealer this coming Tuesday (Dec 21), I'll share a lot more detailed pics of the features and small mods. done to date.

Mine is a rather heavily spec'd CT as follows:

Build Spec:

Paint: Volcano Grey Metallic
Leather: Extended Bordeaux red and black
External mirrors painted in exterior color with gloss black base
Model designation on rear in body color
Technology Package (as part of Premium Pkg.)
  • Passenger display
  • Remote park assist
  • HUD
  • LCA
  • ACC
Performance Package
  • Electric sport sound
  • PTV+
  • PDCC Sport
  • Sport chrono pkg.
  • Rear axle steering
Premium Package
  • Power/folding mirrors
  • LED metric design headlights in glacier blue
  • Surround view
  • Ionizer
  • 14-way power seas with memory
  • Massage seats (front) & ventilated seats (front)
  • Bose surround system
Cross Turismo 21” Design Wheels in Gloss Black
Noise and thermally insulated glass
Gloss black exterior inlays
Electric charge panel door
Black brushed aluminum door sills
Sport Chrono compass with Bordeaux red background
Porsche logo on front/rear headrests
Console trim in leather
Advanced 4-zone climate control
Heated seats in rear
Interior accents in Dark Silver
Night thermal vision assist
PIRM
150kw/400v onboard DC charger

Modification List:
  1. Clear Side Markers - done
  2. Painted replacement reflectors for rear side and rear red reflectors - ordered
  3. Air suspension ‘CETE’ system w/ custom plug n’ play harness - ordered
  4. Window Tint (Xpel - free from Dealer) - done
  5. Xpel Ultimate font half PPF - done
  6. Personalised license plate and tag (P-CT4S - OK, I know not really a mod!) - done
  7. Pending - Painted body color wheel arches
  8. Pending - Replace ’Monkey Butt’ rear license plate holder - replace with custom piece (see pic below)
  9. Pending - Disable rear hatch beeper
  10. Pending - front windshield PPF transparent - TBD.
  11. Pending-Researching - FitCam and radar-laser solution - TBD.

This is what I envision the plate holder area to look like once modified and showing my custom plate.
The clear reflectors rendered here are instead to be replaced with body colored painted ones.
This pic also a rough render by me of the planned painted arches (quite a few forum members ahead of me here) and lowered stance once completed :)

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 11.29.51 AM.png

Picture right off the truck on arrival at my dealership - still in 'monster truck' transport block mode:

image001.jpg

Undergoing PDI at the dealership - got caught in a heavy rain shower overnight outside so rather dirty at this stage :):

IMG_4630.jpeg

PDI Complete and ready to send off to the Xpel shop for PPF and tint (still in bad need of washing!):

image012.jpg

A teaser from my SA - PPF (front half) and Tint applied and full detail of the car by dealership (lot more to come):

image0.jpeg

Looking forward to Tuesday :)

Awesome day so far - believe it or not but I got EVERYTHING with my car i.e. two key fobs, all electronics (steering column, phone charger, TPMA, Sun sensor etc.) - amazing. The only hiccup so far is I cannot register i.e. login to create my profile on teh car. Annoying but will get there.

Just throwing some pics out here from delivery - actually took them before I had the clear side markers put on but will add more pics later - man, spectacular drive home in all Sport Plus more :) This thing is a smooth as silk and forgot to mention, walking up to it for the first time just really emphasizes how sleek and low profile the car is in person - seems particularly hard to replicate in pictures as they tend to 'inflate' the rear end!

Finally did a quick charge check at home at immediately got 10.5 kW with my ChargePoint HomeFlex - nice!

Early days - more to come - unfortunately the sun was pouring through the clear garage door so a bit washed out:

IMG_4662.jpg

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4676.jpg

IMG_4668.jpg

IMG_4669.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

IMG_4677.jpg

Back home - the hips on this thing! :)
Bit of a deceptive angled shot as that is a two-car opening!!

IMG_4679.jpg

Ignore range as obviously not broken in yet but nice charge rate :)

IMG_4685.jpg

This from my SA taken before I got there :) - EDIT: WRONG!
I just now realized, pretty funny, but the sneaky bugger set this pic up on way back from service where they installed the clear side markers on pick-up day whilst I was paying for the thing - good one Jake :)
IMG_3905.jpg
Wow! Beauty! Honestly my favorite looking CT I’ve seen! Great aesthetics !

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well shoot - just had an update from Sean at TAG Motorsports and it turns out the Plug-and-Play harness for the CETE module I have on order is now only available for the Cayenne!!

Properly sucks - need to consider if I want to go ahead and tap into the car's wires (in itself not a deal breaker but it is a Taycan!) - will come back after I discuss with TAG.
Well after some discussion, it really is a minor tap (2 wires on CAN) and with proper clips should be no real issue - forging ahead :).

Be aware - I have bought my car and plan to hold on to it longer than many - as such I am more open to mods that otherwise you should very careful consider, as clearly some of these can impact your warranty - be advised :).

Last edited:

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I am curious why there is no Direct Charging button next to your Precool/heat button on the center console. Is that because you did not have any profiles or timers set yet? I’ve always seen that button on mine.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am curious why there is no Direct Charging button next to your Precool/heat button on the center console. Is that because you did not have any profiles or timers set yet? I’ve always seen that button on mine.
Well spotted :) and yes indeed that is correct - I do now have the direct charge button.
Sponsored