tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
Another charge to 85% today that provides up to a 'predicted' 286 miles of range if at 100% - in Range Mode with A/C off.

In Normal mode with full AC on I would get ca 266 miles with a 100% charge.

These range estimates fairly consistent now from early-mid summer to present.

No idea if the uPdate yet to be installed soon will add anything to this - technically it ought to even with a November '21 2022 model year build - TBD - but happy with this!

And for those interested I drive with AC on all the time and genuinely have yet to drive more than a mile in Range mode (i.e. the predictions are based almost entirely from a car with this settings as std), have 21" summer performance tires on a hefty CT, always drive in 'Low' chassis and most def no not 'baby' the car in respect driving style :) Obviously hot temps in Houston and low topography.

Had similar results a month or so ago - just updating to show consistency.

Range Mode no A/C calculates to 286 mile range at 100%

IMG_6813.jpeg

Range Mode with EcoPlus AC - 1 mile drop :)!

IMG_6814.jpeg

Range Mode with ECO AC calculates to ca 278 mile predicted range:

IMG_6816.jpeg

And Normal Mode - my std mode with FULL AC on - still gives ca 266 miles of predicted range:

IMG_6818.jpeg
How are you getting such high range estimates? I charge to 80% and I’m showing about 190miles of range.

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are a few threads that address this on the forum - try a forum search.

I have not as yet done so myself TBH - agreed re annoying but I guess hasn't ranked high enough yet to get it done - solutions include simply disconnecting it to a PCM software de-activation but latter not straightforward if I recall those who reported having it done this way. If I find the link I'll repost....

Just searched and here is one thread:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/silencing-the-trunk-beeper.1426/
[/QUOTE
Thanks. I may have missed it but where did you have the arches, etc. painted?? Name of shop. I’m in ATL and I’ve had a tough time finding a shop to do it. They all say the paint will chip off….

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
How are you getting such high range estimates? I charge to 80% and I’m showing about 190miles of range.
Not sure why yours so low - that is low even by the underestimated EPA std.! I charge to 85% at home and have only used DC chargers on road trips i.e. never when in town - have done longer range trips about once a month since Jan 2022. Vast majority of my driving in Houston is commute level i.e. generally 20-30 miles a day mixed in with many shorter errand trips.

I drive with full AC on all the time and as I mentioned drive in Normal mode probably 90+% - occasionally Sport. Taycan 4S CT with 21" tires, summer perf and larger PB+ battery pack. I enjoy pulling off hard from start and def don't baby this thing - and I genuinely have never used Range mode - I will try it at some point!

So first thing would be to compare battery/tires/driving styles and whether or not you travel to more mountainous areas of Georgia a lot or is the majority of your driving in Atlanta? Speed is prob one of the biggest hits on range so if you regularly are on highways at prolonged high speed this can negatively impact 'predicted' range etc.

Some ideas but if overall similar profiles there is no reason you should not be seeing higher range esp in summer months in the south!

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
How does one disable the rear hatch beeper? It’s so annoying.
As part of my pre-delivery checklist, the master mechanic disabled my beeper via a setting in the German developer mode of PIWIS that is not documented in English. Unfortunately he is no longer with the dealership so I was not able to find the name of the setting. PIWIS developer mode is discussed in this article: http://crp129.com/2022/03/05/981-sport-chrono-retrofit-on-software-side/. If someone has access to a PIWIS and is fluent in German (or handy with an augmented reality translation app), they should be able to find the setting.

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure why yours so low - that is low even by the underestimated EPA std.! I charge to 85% at home and have only used DC chargers on road trips i.e. never when in town - have done longer range trips about once a month since Jan 2022. Vast majority of my driving in Houston is commute level i.e. generally 20-30 miles a day mixed in with many shorter errand trips.

I drive with full AC on all the time and as I mentioned drive in Normal mode probably 90+% - occasionally Sport. Taycan 4S CT with 21" tires, summer perf and larger PB+ battery pack. I enjoy pulling off hard from start and def don't baby this thing - and I genuinely have never used Range mode - I will try it at some point!

So first thing would be to compare battery/tires/driving styles and whether or not you travel to more mountainous areas of Georgia a lot or is the majority of your driving in Atlanta? Speed is prob one of the biggest hits on range so if you regularly are on highways at prolonged high speed this can negatively impact 'predicted' range etc.

Some ideas but if overall similar profiles there is no reason you should not be seeing higher range esp in summer months in the south!
Thanks for the detailed reply. I drive mainly highway, approx 20-30 miles a day. That’s it. I have the performance plus battery at well on my Taycan 4S. I have 22” Techart wheels and don’t drive too hard. Who knows but this is a stark difference in range…..

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the detailed reply. I drive mainly highway, approx 20-30 miles a day. That’s it. I have the performance plus battery at well on my Taycan 4S. I have 22” Techart wheels and don’t drive too hard. Who knows but this is a stark difference in range…..
How long do you have your car - can't tell from your profile icon as it says 'still waiting for you car :)?
If it is very new then don't be too bothered as it really does take more than a few months of driving for the car's battery and PCM readouts to be conditioned to your style of driving etc. I too had similarly low numbers when less than a month old but it gradually creeped up - biggest change by far was into the summer months but for example my Range Mode with AC off predictions have risen from 210 to 286 over last 6 months with first 2-3 months showing very little progress.

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How long do you have your car - can't tell from your profile icon as it says 'still waiting for you car :)?
If it is very new then don't be too bothered as it really does take more than a few months of driving for the car's battery and PCM readouts to be conditioned to your style of driving etc. I too had similarly low numbers when less than a month old but it gradually creeped up - biggest change by far was into the summer months but for example my Range Mode with AC off predictions have risen from 210 to 286 over last 6 months with first 2-3 months showing very little progress.
I have had mine for about 6 months now. We shall see in a few more months….

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In concert with the sale of my CETE unit the incredibly crap roads in my neighborhood finally dinged me on the underside front right of the car - quite weird that I had not idea it had happened and saw it by accident when doing some other unrelated work.

Road debris or buckled surface hit and cracked a protective plastic panel on the underside of the car that sits below the housing for the cooling fan right above it - thankfully just this cover damaged (and tabs on the wheel liner it attaches to) but absolutely no damage to anything critical components - whew!

Link to post here : #1

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yep - works like a champ and seems to be solidly built etc. - zero issues/errors when used to date but TBH have not used it that many time either.
I received my Mustart 40amp J1772 extension cord today and tried it out. In brief charging session the extension cable and plugs stayed cool. Cooler than the J1772 cord from my Pulsar Wallbox. In long charging sessions, Wallbox cables and plugs get warm, but never hot.

I noticed the Mustart cable is 3 x 8 gauge and 1 x 20 gauge, compared to Wallbox cord having 3 x 10 gauge and 2 x 20 gauge. Not sure why extension cable has 4 conductors when Wallbox cable it is connected to has 5 conductors. But, it works.

Wallbox 14-50 supply cable is 2 x 6 gauge and 2 x 8 gauge.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another good charge - definite consistency now (3 in a row over month plus) with 245 mile 'predicted' at 85% SoC in Range Mode with AC off which equates to predicted 288 mile range at 100% - nice! Gets 268 miles predicted in Normal Mode and AC full on.

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6847

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A belated add to my customization thread but worked out so well I thought I'd share beyond the very specific thread on phone mounts I had posted in prior.

Basically wanted a MagSafe mount for my phone outside of the armrest console but just did not like most if not all the std options available by 3rd parties or forum members 3D designs to do this.

In the end, as I had a spare Porsche cupholder ashtray, I went ahead and chopped it into a functional and dare I say it, fairly OEM looking adaptation from the original. Added a $14 mag mount which has a gloss black surround matching car interior elements. Had to dremel out a lot of parts/material as possibly the most over engineered ashtray on the planet!! This custom phone mount retains the cupholder lighting of course but I've worked it so that it still is an active hinged storage cup for keys or whatever you want out of sight or stored.

Plan pt. forward will be to figure out the best way to route to a supply source and swap the mount for a MagSafe phone charger - still only considering as TBH, the main purpose for me here was just to avail of a mount for quick and easy placement whilst in and quick pick-up on exiting the car. I don't use my phone other than through the PCM so laying it flat is exactly what I wanted and of course means zero interference working lower PCM controls.

Pics of first test fit - will improve the felt area cover at top (was where the Porsche logo's cupholder lid handle was attached) and need to anchor better underneath to stop any rotation but other than that good to go and works like a charm!

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6991

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_6993

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Some additional pics.

Advantages of this solution:

1) A totally OEM fit as using the OEM cupholder ashtray as the base
2) Cupholder lighting is still 100% visible
2) No 'clamps' or other attachments to mar your interior leather over time.
3) After removing the OEM 'innards' it proves to be an excellent extra storage bin for house keys etc.
4) The iPhone 13 Pro fits perfectly within the black area of the console - just looks right!
5) 100% 'reversible' in that you simply take out the ashtray and you have your std cupholder back.
6) iPhone lies flat an horizontal an does not interfere at all with operation of PCM.

If I decide to run a mag charger cable from the cupholder back to a usb socket in the console storage it will be a truly hidden install but not a priority for me at this point - just intrigued to see if I can do it relatively simply.

Unmodified Porsche OEM ashtray on right - modified on left with black mag mount:

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_7029

Knob on tray lid came with the mag mount and perfect fit through custom hole - allows you to swap out for a different mag mount or MagSafe charger if desired (with addl mods to console needed to plug back to usb):

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_7031

Side view with phone on mag mount:

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_0645

Top view with phone (iPhone 13 Pro) on mag mount:

Porsche Taycan A 2022 Cross Turismo 4S: From Order to Delivery to Mods IMG_0644

Last edited:

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
@ciaranob I figured if there was a thread for 'accessorizing', this'd be it. I've been looking for car-compatible coolers/fridges, and real-life experiences using them in an EV. The search trail went cold. (Sorry.) Have you - or anyone else here - looked into this, and care to share your thoughts?

So far I've only encountered the usual stuff on Amazon, 12-24V and 120-240V modes, drawing between 40 and 60kW. Most of these have a 'battery-protecting' functionality (that reduces the draw based on the nominal voltage of the 12V battery), but it's not clear to me when/how/if these accessories can be powered directly from the HV. (Or whether the HV would recharge the 12V - a few older threads here seem to indicate 'no'/not always.)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

OP
OP
ciaranob

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick response is I gave up on a powered cooler as don’t think I’d use it enough (but a bit of a miss imo by Porsche to not offer a custom option to Frunk) and got this ‘passive’ cooling bag that fits the Frunk perfectly (and use those ice bricks you can throw in there if just need for half day etc) - worked well in keeping food chilled on a trip last year from Hou to San Antonio here in TX):

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/front-truck-food-cooler.9438/post-134796

Also Suncoast as I’m sure you’re aware have Porsches OEM 12v cooler bag here:

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU4490230.html

Quite a few options out there that initially of course targeted the teslerati that could work for Taycan too.
Sponsored