A/C On with Car Locked?

bushmg

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 2015 911, 2016 Cayenne S, 2008 RS-60, 2016 Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
Sorry if this is a knucklehead question, but I was wondering if there is a way to lock the car and keep the air conditioning on. As temperatures are rather toasty now, the ability to park the car, go shopping, and return to a cool car would be really great! Thanks!

TK-421

Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2020 Chevrolet Bolt
Country flag
I just use the connect app climate control 10-15 minutes prior to departure.

OP
bushmg

bushmg

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 2015 911, 2016 Cayenne S, 2008 RS-60, 2016 Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
I just use the connect app climate control 10-15 minutes prior to departure.
I've had a lot of problems with the Connect app, so I was wondering if there might be a way to set it up from the car.
How do you use the Connect app,? Set a new emobility timer, perhaps? Thanks!

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Fisker Karma, 2014 BMW i3, 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1965 VW Type I. On Order: 2020 Taycan 4S in Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk
Country flag
Sorry if this is a knucklehead question, but I was wondering if there is a way to lock the car and keep the air conditioning on. As temperatures are rather toasty now, the ability to park the car, go shopping, and return to a cool car would be really great! Thanks!
I hope so. It's one of the best features of the i3 that you can keep the climate control on for 30 mins after you park by just checking box that pops up on the infotainment screen when you shut off the car. It's very convenient, and nice to come back to a cool car when it's hot, or a warm car when it's not.

Cilviloze

Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E class, Boxster
Country flag
As someone who live in a hot climate country, this feature is a killer for me.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
just bring up the charging control in climate panel and turn on climate after you turn the car off.

TK-421

Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2020 Chevrolet Bolt
Country flag
I've had a lot of problems with the Connect app, so I was wondering if there might be a way to set it up from the car.
How do you use the Connect app,? Set a new emobility timer, perhaps? Thanks!
I don’t set a timer. I just open the app, wait for it to connect to the car and Porsche severs (this can take a minute), then use the climate button. I start it about 10 minutes or so from when I will be departing.

Advertisement