Taycanist

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
1. I was stopped at a traffic light. Without me touching anything, the car puts itself in a parking mode. .. Is there a reason it did that?
2. Auto park assist. - It found a really tight spot and it tried to park parallel. It almost hit the car behind me if I didn't hit the break. How accurate is the self-parking? If this thing happens to hit another car, would Porsche cover the damage that's caused by its self-parking?
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
autopark is not a good feature - do not trust it or use it - and good luck getting porsche to pay for anything if it hits something.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
re parking assist:
I have owned a number of cars with this feature and not one of them ever worked well. I can park the car faster on my own.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
re parking assist:
I have owned a number of cars with this feature and not one of them ever worked well. I can park the car faster on my own.
Our VW Touareg did a pretty good job. But a lot of faffing around selecting buttons etc to prepare it meant it rarely got used.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
1. I was stopped at a traffic light. Without me touching anything, the car puts itself in a parking mode. .. Is there a reason it did that?
2. Auto park assist. - It found a really tight spot and it tried to park parallel. It almost hit the car behind me if I didn't hit the break. How accurate is the self-parking? If this thing happens to hit another car, would Porsche cover the damage that's caused by its self-parking?
My 2022 RWD is at the dealer now…it’s been there since Tuesday….as soon as I called they asked me to bring in the car immediately.
Sponsored