Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
You are gentleman of immaculate taste. There are many options available that are of poorer value.
To replace a wart with a jewel is a £711 bargain.
Sponsored

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
3/ Tried Lane Change Assist. I seriously expected it to change lanes for you for £500. Shows what I know!
Turns out it’s a flashing light in the mirror. Massively underwhelming.
I will have for 3/12 free with FoD then not bother.

7/ Didn’t get on with ACC. Braked too aggressively. Over sensitive. I was happy with basic cruise in my 4S. Disappointed there was no Active Lane Keeping to try. I read here that it is with ACC. No. You need full Innodrive for ALK
Re: 3, I understand LCA is not available with FoD, as it's hardware based. Doesn't seem to appear in the FoD website

Re: 7, You can't order ALK separate from Innodrive from the factory. However, you can add it as FoD separate from Innodrive, and appears to require ACC in order to purchase the FoD

https://connect-store.porsche.com/us/en?model=taycan_2020

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Loving 5 & 6.

Going as you are on 6.....but my boys are insisting on 5 :)

I fully expect the screen to be broken within a month of delivery.

jonbek

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
That frozen berry gts is amazing.

Reactions: ASL

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
11/ And finally.
Massive disappointment with BOSE.
No better than base.
just a bit louder.
My other car is an Etron.
Base Audi Etron 50 Technik.
The base Audi Sound System is miles, MILES better. The B+O upgrade in an Audi must be stupendous and it’s a fraction of the price of getting Burmeisted.
Did anybody try to upgrade the base or bose audio system ? I would consider doing it, but I would prefer somebody already figured out how/where to get access to the audio output cabling.

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
I've got the Porsche Design sub second clock as I couldn't bare the giant second hand with cheap digital clock inset. I'm into watches so just had to tick that box!
Completely agree why would anyone want to look at that it would drive me nuts hence why I decided to get the Porsche clock

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Completely agree why would anyone want to look at that it would drive me nuts hence why I decided to get the Porsche clock
It is a bit of a distraction and is very utilitarian (though not necessarily useful) - I'm glad to have the no-cost option of a compass on the CT- but it's an example of Porsche heritage informing design... competitive motorsport in the pre-digital era needed a clock/stopwatch with a prominent second hand, placed between driver and co-driver and close to their line-of-sight.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
11/ And finally.
Massive disappointment with BOSE.
No better than base.
just a bit louder.
My other car is an Etron.
Base Audi Etron 50 Technik.
The base Audi Sound System is miles, MILES better. The B+O upgrade in an Audi must be stupendous and it’s a fraction of the price of getting Burmeisted.
Something isn't right. The BOSE is light years better than the base. No way I'd own this car without at least BOSE. I have owned Burmester is a Panamera and it is incredible. Couldn't justify the cost for Burmester in RWD Taycan.

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Something isn't right. The BOSE is light years better than the base. No way I'd own this car without at least BOSE. I have owned Burmester is a Panamera and it is incredible. Couldn't justify the cost for Burmester in RWD Taycan.
Agreed.

I listened to the Bose system on a 4S that I test drove and even on default factory settings, it sounded very good and better than what I usually expect from Bose systems in other cars. It sounds better than the Bose in our Audi and closer in dynamic range and sound staging to the B&O in our other Audi and nearly as good as the bowers and wilkins in my M5 at normal levels. The only thing lacking with the Bose in the Taycan is that the sound quality falls apart a bit when the volume is set at very high levels, which is not an issue for me because I never turn up the volume that high when I'm driving.

batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
Agreed.

I listened to the Bose system on a 4S that I test drove and even on default factory settings, it sounded very good and better than what I usually expect from Bose systems in other cars. It sounds better than the Bose in our Audi and closer in dynamic range and sound staging to the B&O in our other Audi and nearly as good as the bowers and wilkins in my M5 at normal levels. The only thing lacking with the Bose in the Taycan is that the sound quality falls apart a bit when the volume is set at very high levels, which is not an issue for me because I never turn up the volume that high when I'm driving.
I used the settings recommended elsewhere in this forum for the Bose and love it. More importantly the other half loves it, combination of that and the massage seats and had to prise her out of the car after picked her up from the airport (despite being late and having had a long day waiting for flight).
Sponsored