A few questions for my MY2022 CT (expecting on 2022.05)

alaphaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
Hi,
I am quite new to the forum, and I do appreciate reading the posts that help me decide to order a CT.
I have a few questions, and it would be great someone could help me. I am based in New York, in case this will be helpful for reference for some of the questions.

1. (Delivery Question), The car I ordered is an allocated 2022.03 buid, and it would expect to be delivered in May. 01. I am wondering if the estimate is accurate. Would it be possible for I will get it earlier or later?
2. (Config), I am wondering if the ACC is kind of a good option to add on. I kind of like the ACC on my current Lexus, but my friend with a Porsche mentioned that the Porsche one is not working as well as the Lexus one. Especially, I feel I won't use this one for a long road trip that ACC is most wanted.
3. (Charging), if I want to install a home charger, do people have any recommendations?
4. (Wheel), maybe it's weird, but I really like the wheel for the default option. I am wondering why everyone wants a 20in one.
5. (trunk space), is the CT model more feasible for a stroller in the trunk than a regular Taycan? How about a Costco shopping trip?

I would really appreciate people's inputs, ideas, and suggestions!
Sponsored

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
I am UK based so cannot really answer your other questions.

Love the colour - I have the same coming next month. Wheels...those are the only set I could not live with - just too much like hub caps/what you would find in a Prius - but taste is subjective!

Pano roof would be a must for me also - really makes the interior for me.

I have ACC as I spend my commute crawling in traffic back and forth. But it is not as good as the BMW where you can keep a finger on the wheel and it steers for you (need lane keeping assist but so expensive...).

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
I am happy with the 19" Taycan S Aero Wheels on my FBM CT4. They deliver a comfortable ride and I am thankful I have them every time I fall into a Philadelphia Area pot hole.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
smoking package is $0 and adds a nice cover for the cup holder

OP
OP
alaphaK

alaphaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I am wondering would the smoking package will make me lose one of the cup holder, or it’s just like a cap.
Thanks!

OP
OP
alaphaK

alaphaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I am UK based so cannot really answer your other questions.

Love the colour - I have the same coming next month. Wheels...those are the only set I could not live with - just too much like hub caps/what you would find in a Prius - but taste is subjective!

Pano roof would be a must for me also - really makes the interior for me.

I have ACC as I spend my commute crawling in traffic back and forth. But it is not as good as the BMW where you can keep a finger on the wheel and it steers for you (need lane keeping assist but so expensive...).
Thanks for sharing.
I guess this won’t be my primary commute car, so maybe the ACC is not that needed. I think about it mostly for the resale value…

Funny thing that the Pano roof is the thing that I prefer a Taycan over CT, but my dealer mentioned that I have to add the premium package to the RWD, which comes with the roof.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I am wondering would the smoking package will make me lose one of the cup holder, or it’s just like a cap.
Thanks!
You won’t lose the cup holder. The “ashtray” with lid just slides in and out of the cup holder.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
What he said

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
.....5. (trunk space), is the CT model more feasible for a stroller in the trunk than a regular Taycan?....
The footprint of the trunk is the same in the CT and the Sedan. The trunk opening in the CT is much larger and will make it easier to place a stroller in the trunk.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I think a lot of people use a Taycan as their daily, so IMO ACC will help for resale value. At least for me, if I was looking for a used car for daily duties, not having ACC would remove a car from consideration.

The newest ACC has stop/go functionality which is most useful for commutes where you encounter stop and go traffic. Huge plus not having to constantly shift from gas to brake

If Taycans only had high speed ACC, may not be as useful, but because they have full-speed it makes sense for a shorter range vehicle like an EV

OP
OP
alaphaK

alaphaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I think a lot of people use a Taycan as their daily, so IMO ACC will help for resale value. At least for me, if I was looking for a used car for daily duties, not having ACC would remove a car from consideration.

The newest ACC has stop/go functionality which is most useful for commutes where you encounter stop and go traffic. Huge plus not having to constantly shift from gas to brake

If Taycans only had high speed ACC, may not be as useful, but because they have full-speed it makes sense for a shorter range vehicle like an EV
Thanks! I just made changes to the order to add the ACC.

OP
OP
alaphaK

alaphaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
The footprint of the trunk is the same in the CT and the Sedan. The trunk opening in the CT is much larger and will make it easier to place a stroller in the trunk.
Thank you! This is very helpful!
I was ordering a Taycan, but we expect a baby coming, and I need something more practical...

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I asked if they'd add it to my 'build' after it had locked. But was way too complicated to arrange apparently. Anyway, it isn't free anymore, at least not in the UK - £38.
Sponsored