A few questions for my MY2022 CT (expecting on 2022.05)

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Hi,
I am quite new to the forum, and I do appreciate reading the posts that help me decide to order a CT.
I have a few questions, and it would be great someone could help me. I am based in New York, in case this will be helpful for reference for some of the questions.

1. (Delivery Question), The car I ordered is an allocated 2022.03 buid, and it would expect to be delivered in May. 01. I am wondering if the estimate is accurate. Would it be possible for I will get it earlier or later?
2. (Config), I am wondering if the ACC is kind of a good option to add on. I kind of like the ACC on my current Lexus, but my friend with a Porsche mentioned that the Porsche one is not working as well as the Lexus one. Especially, I feel I won't use this one for a long road trip that ACC is most wanted.
3. (Charging), if I want to install a home charger, do people have any recommendations?
4. (Wheel), maybe it's weird, but I really like the wheel for the default option. I am wondering why everyone wants a 20in one.
5. (trunk space), is the CT model more feasible for a stroller in the trunk than a regular Taycan? How about a Costco shopping trip?

I would really appreciate people's inputs, ideas, and suggestions!
charing is well covered in this and other EV forums - my only concern is you mention “if” - being able to charge at home is one of the great benefits of EV ownership - plug in at night and leave with a full battery every morning - and besides public fast charging is harder on the battery’s longevity (this is true of all EV’s) - home charging _YES_ - the vehicle will come with the PMC+/PMCC EV charging from Porsche - you plug it in at home and use it to charge your EV every night while it sits idle in the garage - only use public fast charging when away from home (long errand days or road trips)

the link below well tell you more than you need to know…

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...age…for-those-that-wish-to-over-do-it-….2343/

have your electrician install a NEMA 14-50 or NEMA 6-50 plug in your garage and you’ll be all set for EV charging.

ACC yes - it’s nice to have on longer cruising days when you don’t want to attend to the vehicles speed and just flow w/traffic - it works well enough.
Sponsored

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks for sharing.
I guess this won’t be my primary commute car, so maybe the ACC is not that needed. I think about it mostly for the resale value…

Funny thing that the Pano roof is the thing that I prefer a Taycan over CT, but my dealer mentioned that I have to add the premium package to the RWD, which comes with the roof.
You can add the premium package on a standard Taycan then delete the Pano roof. That is what I did since I don't like the glass roof (or just select the options you want individually). You select the Premium package, then delete it. When you are deleting the package you have the option to retain parts of the package. I selected everything except the Pano roof.

I'm not sure why your dealer isn't aware of this workaround to get rid of the Pano roof and keep everything else in the premium package. Unless, of course, they just had a CT allocation and no Base Taycan allocation and wanted to steer you in that direction ? You can mix and match your options any way you choose. The packages are just there for convenience.

P.S. On the CT4 I thought the Pano Roof was required on NA cars, but your configuration picture shows it missing?

Last edited:
OP
OP
alaphaK

alaphaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
charing is well covered in this and other EV forums - my only concern is you mention “if” - being able to charge at home is one of the great benefits of EV ownership - plug in at night and leave with a full battery every morning - and besides public fast charging is harder on the battery’s longevity (this is true of all EV’s) - home charging _YES_ - the vehicle will come with the PMC+/PMCC EV charging from Porsche - you plug it in at home and use it to charge your EV every night while it sits idle in the garage - only use public fast charging when away from home (long errand days or road trips)

the link below well tell you more than you need to know…

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...age…for-those-that-wish-to-over-do-it-….2343/

have your electrician install a NEMA 14-50 or NEMA 6-50 plug in your garage and you’ll be all set for EV charging.

ACC yes - it’s nice to have on longer cruising days when you don’t want to attend to the vehicles speed and just flow w/traffic - it works well enough.
Thank you very much! This is very helpful!
The "if" I had there is because I was ordering a Panamera hybrid, and always thought a home charger is an option. But it seems to be a must-have since it's an EV now...

OP
OP
alaphaK

alaphaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
You can add the premium package on a standard Taycan then delete the Pano roof. That is what I did since I don't like the glass roof (or just select the options you want individually). You select the Premium package, then delete it. When you are deleting the package you have the option to retain parts of the package. I selected everything except the Pano roof.

I'm not sure why your dealer isn't aware of this workaround to get rid of the Pano roof and keep everything else in the premium package. Unless, of course, they just had a CT allocation and no Base Taycan allocation and wanted to steer you in that direction ? You can mix and match your options any way you choose. The packages are just there for convenience.

P.S. On the CT4 I thought the Pano Roof was required on NA cars, but your configuration picture shows it missing?
Thank you!
I was thinking the glass roof is default for CT without any package.
I am only one day away from the freezing point, guess i have no time to change it... And I will try to get used to it...
Sponsored