porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Today I took delivery of my 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo at the Porsche Experience Center in Los Angeles. If anyone has been reticent to do the PEC delivery because of COVID restrictions, I'd say don't worry. It was an awesome time, and they did a fantastic job of making it a very special occasion.

Lots of time behind the wheel of a Turbo S, including the handling course, acceleration runs, slalom, low-friction handling course with the kick plate, low-friction circle, ice hill...

Then on to the unveiling of my car, and the delivery and familiarization. Everything worked! My Porsche Connect account synced to the car, and I got an overview of all of the systems.

Finally, I enjoyed a wonderful lunch at 'Patio 917' (the outdoor incarnation of their restaurant), and then out to the parking lot where they had thoughtfully parked my Taycan back-to-back with a 919 for my final drive-off.

All in all, a really memorable and fun day!

Porsche Taycan A great day!! (Taycan Turbo Delivery at PEC LA) IMG_0796
Porsche Taycan A great day!! (Taycan Turbo Delivery at PEC LA) IMG_5197
Porsche Taycan A great day!! (Taycan Turbo Delivery at PEC LA) IMG_5200
Porsche Taycan A great day!! (Taycan Turbo Delivery at PEC LA) IMG_5210
Porsche Taycan A great day!! (Taycan Turbo Delivery at PEC LA) IMG_5215
Porsche Taycan A great day!! (Taycan Turbo Delivery at PEC LA) IMG_5246
Porsche Taycan A great day!! (Taycan Turbo Delivery at PEC LA) IMG_0801
Porsche Taycan A great day!! (Taycan Turbo Delivery at PEC LA) IMG_0806

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Wow, that's the way to be treated! Never heard of a UK dealer providing a meal on collection! Congratulations.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow, that's the way to be treated! Never heard of a UK dealer providing a meal on collection! Congratulations.
For the USA it's a $500 add-on during configuration for a Porsche Experience Center delivery at either Los Angeles or Atlanta. Comes with the meal and the special delivery experience and 90 minutes of track time. I'm very much looking forward to it, scheduled for November 11th in LA as well.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
For the USA it's a $500 add-on during configuration for a Porsche Experience Center delivery at either Los Angeles or Atlanta. Comes with the meal and the special delivery experience and 90 minutes of track time. I'm very much looking forward to it, scheduled for November 11th in LA as well.
And a few Launch Control starts! Fun!

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
Today I took delivery of my 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo at the Porsche Experience Center in Los Angeles. If anyone has been reticent to do the PEC delivery because of COVID restrictions, I'd say don't worry. It was an awesome time, and they did a fantastic job of making it a very special occasion.

Lots of time behind the wheel of a Turbo S, including the handling course, acceleration runs, slalom, low-friction handling course with the kick plate, low-friction circle, ice hill...

Then on to the unveiling of my car, and the delivery and familiarization. Everything worked! My Porsche Connect account synced to the car, and I got an overview of all of the systems.

Finally, I enjoyed a wonderful lunch at 'Patio 917' (the outdoor incarnation of their restaurant), and then out to the parking lot where they had thoughtfully parked my Taycan back-to-back with a 919 for my final drive-off.

All in all, a really memorable and fun day!

IMG_0796.jpeg
IMG_5197.jpeg
IMG_5200.jpeg
IMG_5210.jpeg
IMG_5215.jpeg
IMG_5246.jpeg
IMG_0801.jpeg
IMG_0806.jpeg
Looks like a dream experience. I wish my dealer had told me about this option. We put our deposit down in early 2019. Finally got the car in May of this year. Picked it up at the dealership and missed all your memorable experiences. Our cars are very similar with the exception of the sport design package which I added for a touch of distinction. Good luck with your "Mission E". Again, I envy your delivery day.
Porsche Taycan A great day!! (Taycan Turbo Delivery at PEC LA) Taycan 2 copy

Porsche Taycan A great day!! (Taycan Turbo Delivery at PEC LA) Taycan 3 copy

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well @CJE I don't believe that PECLA was up and running in May for Taycan deliveries, which is probably why you're dealer did not mention it as a delivery option. It took them a little while to work out a procedure in these challenging times.

Beautiful car.
Sponsored