Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My Taycaan Turbo has been 100% flawless over 11,000 + miles. A dream.
Two weeks ago I brought it in to service for 3 things: 1. Switch to snow tires, 2. State inspection and 3. To upgrade to the 2 recalls I've ignored as the car has been perfect.
When I called today after the long New Years weekend I was told the reason its not ready is that they have only 1 Taycan certified technician and he was out sick with, you guessed it, COVID. They said it'll be awhile.
Oh well, I hope he's fine and at least I have a Macan loaner. Updates to follow
Sponsored

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
That's the problem with servicing these cars at smaller dealers. Not sure where in NY you are, but my dealer on Long Island has multiple Taycan certified techs. All updates I've had have been done within a day.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Well, that's kind of concerning that they aren't getting enough techs certified for the car that's only behind the Macan and Cayenne in sales. Hopefully they can get that figured out.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
My Taycaan Turbo has been 100% flawless over 11,000 + miles. A dream.
Two weeks ago I brought it in to service for 3 things: 1. Switch to snow tires, 2. State inspection and 3. To upgrade to the 2 recalls I've ignored as the car has been perfect.
When I called today after the long New Years weekend I was told the reason its not ready is that they have only 1 Taycan certified technician and he was out sick with, you guessed it, COVID. They said it'll be awhile.
Oh well, I hope he's fine and at least I have a Macan loaner. Updates to follow
Are you not tempted to take it back as assume you can do 1 & 2 anywhere else and leave 3 until there is a tech available (or find a dealer who can turn it around in a day)? But you have a loaner so I guess no real issue - would be bugging me though :)

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Many of the dealers I work with have 50%+ of their service staff out with COVID or COVID exposure currently. For a smaller dealer with limited Taycan staff, I can see it causing huge issues like this.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Honestly, even if the shop had multiple techs that were taycan certified, with the current exposure levels and the transmission levels it's not hard to assume even a larger staffed shop would be experiencing issues right now. Shops are open spaces in a confined building, and this time of year closed up and heated. It's a bummer the cars stuck in the shop right now, but I do echo that this is pretty 'normal' across most dealerships right now (and pretty much everywhere at this point). It's going to be painful for a while now after the holidays.

I hope everyone ends up well at the shop, and that you get your car back swiftly. Good luck and also congrats on an enjoyable and seamless 11k miles. That's awesome!
Sponsored