First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Warning, this is a positive post!

Yesterday, I was embarrassed by my Porsche Taycan.

We were on our way home from Scotland yesterday and stopped at Ionity Gretna Green. There were two Mercedes-Benz EQCs there already. The screen of the charger said one EQC had downloaded 10 kWh in 20 minutes. He took a look at my screen and it showed my car had downloaded 59 kWh in 18 minutes. He could not believe it.

There was also a Model 3 charging at the Ionity chargers. He had chosen to pay 69p a kWh because the Tesla Superchargers round the corner at Gretna Green were full. His car was doing better than the EQC but he was managing only half my charge rate.

I charged from 15 - 90% in 27 minutes at Gretna. During the course of my 615 mile journey, I stopped twice more. In all, I spent an hour less charging than my Tesla MSP100D doing the same journey. On a 12 hour journey, that's significant.

Gentleman, currently, we own the fastest charging cars in the World. They are simply stunning.
Sponsored

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Great to hear about your experience! I have been doing long trips for months now. Just 2 days ago drove a couple hundred miles to Germany and back. Always used Ionity and never experienced any problem besides other people staring at the chargers screen.

People are freaking out because they cannot wait to get the powerloss-patch while people like us are just driving and enjoying the car. I go on the german autobahn with 250kph and don't have the slightest fear of having that issue. Even if, steering and breaks work fine and I'd just stop the car and reset.

Keep enjoying your beautiful car Graham.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Warning, this is a positive post!

Yesterday, I was embarrassed by my Porsche Taycan.

We were on our way home from Scotland yesterday and stopped at Ionity Gretna Green. There were two Mercedes-Benz EQCs there already. The screen of the charger said one EQC had downloaded 10 kWh in 20 minutes. He took a look at my screen and it showed my car had downloaded 59 kWh in 18 minutes. He could not believe it.

There was also a Model 3 charging at the Ionity chargers. He had chosen to pay 69p a kWh because the Tesla Superchargers round the corner at Gretna Green were full. His car was doing better than the EQC but he was managing only half my charge rate.

I charged from 15 - 90% in 27 minutes at Gretna. During the course of my 615 mile journey, I stopped twice more. In all, I spent an hour less charging than my Tesla MSP100D doing the same journey. On a 12 hour journey, that's significant.

Gentleman, currently, we own the fastest charging cars in the World. They are simply stunning.
…. and ladies

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
And besides the fast charging, they are a joy to drive.
I was going to create a new post yesterday about what a joy this car is to take on a road trip. I took a weekend trip, albeit a short one about 100 miles each way, it was just fantastic cruising on the highway. Comfortable. Faster than anything else around. Quiet.

I came from a Mercedes S560 prior to my Taycan and my biggest concern was how the Taycan would match the S as a highway cruiser in terms of comfort. I my opinion, it's every bit as comfortable and just so much more fun to drive. I couldn't be happier.

Porsche Taycan A Positive Post! tempImager50I91

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I'm critical of many things about this car, but I still have to say I love it overall. Driving it is a joy.
This wasn't my first Porsche so I knew what to expect.

Most of the things that need fixing are software-related, meaning they could be fixed in time.

I'm only critical because I care!

ilsaair

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S, 1989 560SL, 2020 Range Rover Velar
Country flag
Sorry for the sideways picture but this is pretty typical of what I got from EA on my 2500 miles road trip. And make sure you call EA and have them reset the charger if you aren't seeing at least 150 when you first start charging. The EA Customer Service people are very friendly and helpful.

And as most of the people on this thread have indicated - the Taycan is an absolute pleasure to drive in every respect. It like to cruise at 85-95, and although that cuts down your range a bit, it is a lot of fun.

Sure there will hiccups along the way. Tesla has had almost 9 years to get the Model 3 perfected. Porsche has had only a fraction of the time. Our Porsches are for people who can appreciate Porsche quality and performance and who also want an electric car. With apologies for those of you I may offend, but the typical Telsa buyer is quite a bit different. I've spent time in both, and the difference is very clear.

PS - I didn't pay the $5.00 - this was from a charging stop where they reset the charger and the charger didn't recognize my Taycan.

Porsche Taycan A Positive Post! tempImagecP4oN2
Sponsored