TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Countach, Diablo SE30, Taycan Turbo, Lamborghini 5C
Country flag
My Taycan is arriving in a few weeks and will have PCCB’s. Do these need bedding in in a certain way? I’ve read various things about the importance of bedding in carbon ceramic brakes but the Taycan manual doesn’t seem to mention it.

Has anybody received any advice from their dealer on this?

Thanks,

TSS
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
no advice - you should be fine - remember Taycan has blended braking - you have very little control over “if” the friction brakes are used at all - vehicle mostly stops via computer controlled regeneration via the brake pedal - Porsches says 90% of normal driving is handled via regeneration.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
My Taycan is arriving in a few weeks and will have PCCB’s. Do these need bedding in in a certain way? I’ve read various things about the importance of bedding in carbon ceramic brakes but the Taycan manual doesn’t seem to mention it.

Has anybody received any advice from their dealer on this?

Thanks,

TSS
The first 200 miles are reportedly without regenerative brakes to allow the disc brakes to break in. City or local driving early will help seat the brakes better than highway driving. Have PCCB on three Porsche cars - they engage more suddenly than steel, most likely because the disc surface is more true and smoother. Love them.
Sponsored