A Tale of Two Taycans

jxobrien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo S, '19 GT3, '95 911,'17 Macan GTS,
Country flag
New member here! Great forum. After 20 years of 911 ownership (air-cooled, turbos, GT3), I decided to try out the future like all of you.

The first choice was this white Taycan Turbo, my dealer GM's demo, which had all the aesthetics inside and out (including sports design package in gloss black). Just gorgeous. My dealer lent this to me for an entire weekend, pre-purchase, to get some real-world experience before buying. My wife loved it as well, which is always a bonus. However, it was missing a few options I wanted; PTV, PDCC, RWS, Electric sound, folding mirrors, and a few others. As it was a demo with about 1k miles on it, I got a significant deal, but at this price level, I was little bummed not to have the performance features listed above, which I can 100% say make a difference in the driving characteristics. My dealer is the best, and he knew I felt this way, so there was/is never any pressure. I was trading in my beloved 991.2 GT3, so I wanted as much "Porsche" in my new Taycan as possible. Anyway, I did the deal on the white one and was super excited to pick it up and drive it home, and did I also mention it looks gorgeous in this mission E dress
Porsche Taycan A Tale of Two Taycans 1f609
.!?

That evening, post-delivery, my dealer called and said that an hour after I left, another gentleman came in, and fire-sold his loaded Taycan Turbo S... that the S has ALL the features I wanted and then some... and before he sent my paperwork in, if I wanted this car instead of white, he would give it to me at the price he paid for it! The only hitch was this other car was black (jet black metallic)! (which was my 2nd color choice)

Well, I drove right back to the dealer with the white one and took the black car for 24 hours to decide what I wanted to do.

I am sure you all know how this story ends. Though I loved the white, how could I keep the Turbo when I can have a Turbo S for "almost" the same price?

Wouldn't you agree?

Either way, we are all fortunate to own such notable works of engineering.

(plus, it's incredible in black too
Porsche Taycan A Tale of Two Taycans 1f609

Porsche Taycan A Tale of Two Taycans IMG_2713

Porsche Taycan A Tale of Two Taycans IMG_2793

Last edited:

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Wow, that is quite an upgrade! Congratulations! I agree that the the options you were missing were definitely ones to get. I have them on mine (a mere 4S), and I cannot imagine not getting them.

OP
OP
jxobrien

jxobrien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, that is quite an upgrade! Congratulations! I agree that the the options you were missing were definitely ones to get. I have them on mine (a mere 4S), and I cannot imagine not getting them.
Thank you!

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
New member here! Great forum. After 20 years of 911 ownership (air-cooled, turbos, GT3), I decided to try out the future like all of you.

The first choice was this white Taycan Turbo, my dealer GM's demo, which had all the aesthetics inside and out (including sports design package in gloss black). Just gorgeous. My dealer lent this to me for an entire weekend, pre-purchase, to get some real-world experience before buying. My wife loved it as well, which is always a bonus. However, it was missing a few options I wanted; PTV, PDCC, RWS, Electric sound, folding mirrors, and a few others. As it was a demo with about 1k miles on it, I got a significant deal, but at this price level, I was little bummed not to have the performance features listed above, which I can 100% say make a difference in the driving characteristics. My dealer is the best, and he knew I felt this way, so there was/is never any pressure. I was trading in my beloved 991.2 GT3, so I wanted as much "Porsche" in my new Taycan as possible. Anyway, I did the deal on the white one and was super excited to pick it up and drive it home, and did I also mention it looks gorgeous in this mission E dress
1f609.png
.!?

That evening, post-delivery, my dealer called and said that an hour after I left, another gentleman came in, and fire-sold his loaded Taycan Turbo S... that the S has ALL the features I wanted and then some... and before he sent my paperwork in, if I wanted this car instead of white, he would give it to me at the price he paid for it! The only hitch was this other car was black (jet black metallic)! (which was my 2nd color choice)

Well, I drove right back to the dealer with the white one and took the black car for 24 hours to decide what I wanted to do.

I am sure you all know how this story ends. Though I loved the white, how could I keep the Turbo when I can have a Turbo S for "almost" the same price?

Wouldn't you agree?

1f609.png

IMG_2713.jpeg

IMG_2793.jpeg
Great story with a happy ending!! Both gorgeous but the black one is a keeper ;-)

ThumbsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan Turbo S; ‘20 Taycan Turbo (gone)
Country flag
You ended up in a very good place. Both look beautiful, but to end up with the TS is a terrific outcome. Enjoy!!

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That evening, post-delivery, my dealer called and said that an hour after I left, another gentleman came in, and fire-sold his loaded Taycan Turbo S... that the S has ALL the features I wanted and then some...
Glad this came out so well for you, but my heart goes out to the previous owner. What horrible circumstances could cause him to give up such an amazing Taycan Turbo S?!?

OP
OP
jxobrien

jxobrien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Glad this came out so well for you, but my heart goes out to the previous owner. What horrible circumstances could cause him to give up such an amazing Taycan Turbo S?!?
He had a last min move overseas for work and unfort he couldn’t take taycan - was the story i got.

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
Wouldn't you agree?

1f609.png

IMG_2793.jpeg
I absolutely agree - we’re two of a kind (actually severally on this forum that is) ;) I really love my black Turbo S !!!

Porsche Taycan A Tale of Two Taycans ACA1D508-FDEE-41E5-B955-F3FAB9591865

Last edited:

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
I was hoping for all niners :captain: but at that point the guy at the registration office had probably not received the money I mailed him earlier :bandit:

PS For confidentiality reasons, two digits on the frontplate are missing.

Porsche Taycan A Tale of Two Taycans AA744193-8212-4F76-8A7E-6E1CF7E2896F

Porsche Taycan A Tale of Two Taycans 1458BADE-FE31-4364-A6A0-89ECF88F04E7

Porsche Taycan A Tale of Two Taycans 43172F19-4B8D-4229-B25E-8BBA44A19FC4

Last edited: