jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Illustrates perfectly how ugly Tesla’s are, and that the only reason to purchase one will hopefully disappear very quickly.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Illustrates perfectly how ugly Tesla’s are, and that the only reason to purchase one will hopefully disappear very quickly.
not sure why you feel the need to criticize them. For 99% of the public, they’re a better car and a better option than a Taycan. And they’re incredible cars in most ways.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
not sure why you feel the need to criticize them. For 99% of the public, they’re a better car and a better option than a Taycan. And they’re incredible cars in most ways.
Because having had 4, they are shite….the chargers are great though, full marks for them.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Because having had 4, they are shite….the chargers are great though, full marks for them.
I had one and it was great. Seems like most of the electric car buying public disagrees with your opinion... weird that you bought 3 more of them after your first one was so bad. I guess that says more about you though...

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
Incredible how dirty this Taycan is! Shame on you

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I had one and it was great. Seems like most of the electric car buying public disagrees with your opinion... weird that you bought 3 more of them after your first one was so bad. I guess that says more about you though...
I had three teslas, and the first one was an early one with a lot of teething problems but back then there weren't many out there and tesla service was spot on accomodating. the second two were essentially bullet proof.
they will evolve into being the camry of the EV world boring but dependable

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Incredible how dirty this Taycan is! Shame on you
And what happened to the flap that covers the DC portion of that charge port? Totally missing. I’m always worried mine will snap off if I pull it down too hard. Seeing his validates my concern.

OP
OP
Torv

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had three teslas, and the first one was an early one with a lot of teething problems but back then there weren't many out there and tesla service was spot on accomodating. the second two were essentially bullet proof.
they will evolve into being the camry of the EV world boring but dependable
I too had a 85D Model S before I got my Taycan and the car was, for the most part, pretty great, though frankly bland and milquetoast as a daily driver. My frustrations with Tesla resided primarily with the company and not the car, which was why I decided to dump it and get a Taycan.

Tesla, the company, was a moving target, inconsistent with their policies as far as what was warrantied, and when repaired, done poorly. The company also changed their policies, seemingly willy-nilly, almost by whimsy based upon some vague directive from Elon, which long term, affected my confidence in the car.

My Taycan has been a delight! Incredible handling, demonstrably un-bland, with stunning styling and Teutonic speed. It’s not perfect, the software is frustratingly complex and squirrelly, but all is forgiven when I’m behind the wheel.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
My Taycan has been a delight! Incredible handling, demonstrably un-bland, with stunning styling and Teutonic speed. It’s not perfect, the software is frustratingly complex and squirrelly, but all is forgiven when I’m behind the wheel.
my taycan experience is far less rosy, the charging issues I encountered were extremely frustrating as was dealing with the dealership and Porsche to effect repairs. fortunately another user was successful in getting Porsche to effect a fix and since that fix was installed on my car life with the taycan is better.

that said the wonky software is troubling.
I have been getting getting the dreaded loss of power and driver must assume control message randomly despite driving with all the driver assist features turned off.
I am in fear that while the loss of power goes away in a second or two I might wind up in a situation where it does not clear quickly and I'll be stuck on a highway somewhere.

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
If Tesla didn't exist, then there would be no Taycan... Tesla is the Apple under the cars. The ease of using the Model S can not be topped yet. I still have to find out if the Taycan will exceed the comfort of my Tesla Model S. With tears in our eyes we said farewell to it, but after 5 years the car becomes much too expensive to drive in the Netherlands (22% of the original car price extra on top of your yearly income against 51% tax income).

By the way I am very glad that Tesla will open his fast charger network in Europe. In the Netherlands, we have already a lot of charge stations, but in other countries not yet. This will offer us a lot of more possibilities. Thanks Tesla/Elon...
Sponsored

Last edited: