Ability to order a 2023 taycan

thomas ficho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 targa 4 GTS
Country flag
I hate to say it, but I’m not sure I trust two Porsche dealers I have been dealing with for the last 20 years. I purchased a total of six cars from the two dealers Over the last 15 years. They both offered me an excellent price to buy my GTS Targa outright, but indicate they are unable to give me a delivery date for a 23 taycan 4s. They want the car now and are unwilling to give me even a date I can order a 23 Taycan. This has been going on for almost 3 months, telling me that they do not have an allocation on the 23s yet. Has anybody else had a similar experience in the Chicago area? Has anybody been able to order a 23 Taycan? Tom
Sponsored

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-tron, Porsche Taycan GTS, Macan Turbo (order)
Country flag
I think people are being quoted 18 to 24 months these days, your experience does not sound contrary to that. Demand is massively exceeding supply, and managing that is outside the control of the dealers.

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My sales advisor has been saying they won't even put people on a wait list or take deposits as they have a big list already. And, they don't know when they'll be able to follow through. So yeah, unfortunately that's the way things are, which is a bummer.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I'm in the UK, but spoke to the dealer yesterday who said I'm just on a list - no more allocations now until January and hopefully I'll be far enough up that list in jan to get a car next year :) So same story everywhere unfortunately

GTSCarLife

First Name
GTS Car Life
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 997 GTS, 85.5 944, 16 Cayenne S, 23Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
We ordered my wife's Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo December 12, 2021, received allocation the day before Mothers Day 2022 and the car is scheduled to arrive end of November 2022. It is a 2023 model, and this is our 6th Porsche. We always deal with the same dealer. Just shy of 12 months start to (projected) finish.

Bresdo1962

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I see that you are in Chicago, I am in Peoria and got mine super fast here. I checked the dealer there and they seem very shady...

You may want to think about checking some other dealers in the state..might even want to look into St. Louis and Indianapolis and see what they can do for you..being in Chicago I am guessing there are going to be a lot more people ordering and waiting for a Taycan...think competition will be less in other areas.

MBAZ

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i4, M5, Taycan GTS. 911 Cab
Country flag
All true, happened to me too. The dealer closest to me is beyond scum... they will only give allocation to you if you want to buy a Turbo S or 911 GT3. The sales management is smug and they don't give a shit. I just refuse to deal with them anymore and will not even take my cars there for service, (I buy nothing Penske because of them). I had purchased many many cars from them in the past, loyalty means nothing. So, I went 150 miles away to get my first Taycan and with a phone call got allocation to get my 2023 on order and am now tracking progress directly from myporsche. They drop it off at my house. If you need a referral, DM and I will connect you.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I ordered my 2022 on April 9th.

Got placed into a queue and waited. After I didn't hear anything until end of June, I was told that for sure I'm going to be slotted into a 2023 model because they stopped giving build spots for 2022 sometime in late May I think.

I recently learned that my will be built in October and I should expect a November delivery.
Sponsored