Threads
Reaction score
Website
unrestricted.eu
Vehicles
This and that
Country flag
I can charge at 11 kW at home.
I have timer that 'hard charges' until 25% then goes to 85% by the time I generally leave for work.

However, most of the time the charge is not 85% .. Often it is 86 or 88 or ...

Does this make sense? Am I doing something wrong or do you have the same behaviour?
Sponsored

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
It would be helpful (to help us help you) if you posted what profile and timer settings you have set up in your car.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Same happens to me too - most of the times the charging stops at slightly above 85%. I don't think this is an issue but I am curious as to why not 85%.

Porsche Taycan About the timers Screenshot 2020-09-07 at 8.13.50 AM

OP
OP

DaggieBe

Threads
Reaction score
Website
unrestricted.eu
Vehicles
This and that
Country flag
It would be helpful (to help us help you) if you posted what profile and timer settings you have set up in your car.
I have timer that 'hard charges' until 25% then goes to 85% by the time I generally leave for work.
That's all I have .. Do I need more?

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag

That's all I have .. Do I need more?
(there might be some terminology translation problems... I don't know what the terms are on your car's localization )
That sounds like you have a "Profile" set to a 25% minimum charge, and a "Timer" set to 85% at some time in the morning.

Short Answer:
Yes, the variation of a few percentage is normal in my experience. Nothing to worry about.

My assumption is this: The car negotiates a power level when first plugged in. It then calculates how long it will take to reach the requested level (85% in your case). Now, it calculates when it should start charging so that it reached your target at the time set in the Timer. (in your case, maybe it starts charging at 03:00 to reach 85% by 07:00) But maybe the voltage was little higher at night due to less resistance "upstream", and with a higher amperage it charged a little faster than expected, and it keeps charging up until 07:00, and so it overshoots the target by a percentage or three.

OP
OP

DaggieBe

Threads
Reaction score
Website
unrestricted.eu
Vehicles
This and that
Country flag
I guess you're right. I recorded a small video to show you my settings. It confirms your analysis:

I would have expected the calculation to be more dynamic or that the requested level had priority over the calculation, but apparantly not. No worries needed :)
Sponsored