About to lock final build! Last minute build critique :)

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Good looking spec. Nice job keeping that around the $130K mark. The only thing I would truly miss that you don’t have is the rear axle steering. There is a lot on the forum that discusses this but it really helps the car’s turning radius and makes it much smaller than it is. Something you really can benefit from in U-Turns, parking lots, etc. You also get the added benefit of having it work the other way at speed but it’s the slow maneuvering where I think it really shines. RAS is a $1,620 option. If budget is a concern in adding more, then unless you do an awful lot of highway driving, I would definitely drop Innodrive (and just keep ACC). That saves you $1,560 and almost pays for RAS. I think the consensus is that InnoDrive/ALK is just not that great. Plus you can add that later on your own as an FOD (and get a free trial) very easily once they turn that on for the new MY if you have ACC.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Totally agree on Innodrive, no point paying thousands for something you'll use a few times a year. Makes more sense to "order it" on a monthly basis for whenever you're going on a long road trip.

I have the rear axel steering and I have to say it's a MUST have for manoeuvrability. I shocked myself, my passengers and a pedestrian last week when I was able to do a U-turn on a 2 lane road.! lol It also makes getting the beast into parking spots so much easier. The Taycan is much bigger than people think.

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
You may want to add the black brushed metal door sill guards which is a free option.

When is your projected delivery date?

OP
OP

jigglypot123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 MB 250 Taycan 4S - on order
Country flag
You may want to add the black brushed metal door sill guards which is a free option.

When is your projected delivery date?
Where is that option? Is it available in the U.S. And my projected delivery date is sometime this summer probably around July.

OP
OP

jigglypot123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 MB 250 Taycan 4S - on order
Country flag
I have decided to scrap the Innodrive and went with just basic ACC instead. I went and got the 21 in. RS spider wheels cause the ones I had on the previous config weren't that great. I would get the mission e's but they are too expensive. :(

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
So this FOD thing is good advice. I love the idea of seeing it in action before buying.

Does anyone know how much InnoDrive costs with FOD? Rumor is you have to pay for ALK (active lane keeping) separatey. There is also some notion that the ‘factory’ innodrive is different than the FOD version?

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Agree on RAS, but even more critical IMO is PDCC. It is a very heavy car as we know and it's near miraculous how effectively PDCC hides it. Adds enormously to the overall agility. Personally, I would lose the ACC/ALK and tick the Performance Package.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
So this FOD thing is good advice. I love the idea of seeing it in action before buying.

Does anyone know how much InnoDrive costs with FOD? Rumor is you have to pay for ALK (active lane keeping) separatey. There is also some notion that the ‘factory’ innodrive is different than the FOD version?
My dealer told me that factory PID is different from FOD PID but did not go into detail.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Very sharp and thoughtful build. I see that the code is not updated with your latest decision for RS wheels and swap of PID to RAS. I do not see you having ACC and if it is intentional. I would also skip the Colored Wheel caps so you can get Monochrome free from factory and then you can get the Colored ones for cheaper than $190 from Sun Coast. Also, I typically can get all weather mats from dealer for free on delivery. My build had a lot more since I needed at least 2 items of the Tech Package, and chose the Tech Package, then I must have Night Vision as we cannot live without it on our Cayenne. You can see mine here where I agree to get Black Aluminum door sills as $0 cost upgrade: PNI5S6C6

I spent many weeks now configuring mine, test driving Base/4S/Turbo and was close to placing the order but decided to wait due to multitude of issues noted by customers receiving theirs in December.
Sponsored

Last edited: