steen

First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E-class coupe
Country flag
I have been looking info this option, and understand the function. to me the main interest is the on paper ability to drive with the high beam light on under all conditions, as the light will automatically adjust to cars coming against you, so they are not blinded. That contrary to PDLS +, which will switch high beam down\up, when cars are coming towards you.

however, I have read that many using the matrix light has it turned off since they are being signaled by incoming cars to shut down the high beam, which suggest that the matrix light really isn’t working as expected.

I would like to hear if anyone out there has experienced this with matrix light- is it a gimmick that you have to turn off, or do they actually function and are real world useable. Do you get signaled by incoming cars, When using it?

I don’t really care too much of the other functions from matrix light, but I am really curious about real life experience.
Sponsored

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
It works really well for me, including on very twisty mountain roads with elevation changes where you might think it would have difficulty. I'd recommend getting it.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Works well for me too. I think its even quicker to respond than the same feature was on my Panamera. I tend not to use it on motorways – more out of me being unsure it – but on normal "two-way" roads its great.

Happy to be told that it knows how to do the "right thing" on motorways and not blind people on the other side of the divide.

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
Aligned with all feedback above. It works fine and it is turned on all time in mine. While driving at night on mountain roads, it lights the sides very well for unexpected animal crossing.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have it, and I don’t think the automatic highbeams work as well as they did on my BMWs. They only come on above a certain speed. 30 mph? I don’t understand the point of that. If I need high beams, I want them on at all speeds.

OP
OP

steen

First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E-class coupe
Country flag
thank you for the feedback. It seems that everyone agrees matrix light are great at smaller roads, mountain roads etc, but there also seems to be reservations regarding useability on highway.

can some of you elaborate on matrix light useability on highways, which is the main interest for me?
Sponsored