ABRP How to sync to actual battery state of charge?

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
Anyone?

I’m using the latest (Sept 20, 2021) iPhone version of A Better Route Planner, CarPlay and PCM. Is there a way to have ABRP reflect the current state of battery charge — other than manual entry using Settings in the ABRP iPhone app (that is, outside use within CarPlay)?
Sponsored

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
DId you try syncing via tronity.io? They have a plan for EUR 3.99/ month which I think allows to sync battery SoC with the app. This in turns calibrates consumption to your style of driving and car features for very accurate estimations of your SoC at destinations.

On my prior i-Pace (RIP that PoS) it worked flawlessly. Better even than Jaguar’s own app could ever report the SoC. Better even than the onboard navigation and GOM estimates.

OP
OP
SteveDC

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
DId you try syncing via tronity.io? They have a plan for EUR 3.99/ month which I think allows to sync battery SoC with the app. This in turns calibrates consumption to your style of driving and car features for very accurate estimations of your SoC at destinations.

On my prior i-Pace (RIP that PoS) it worked flawlessly. Better even than Jaguar’s own app could ever report the SoC. Better even than the onboard navigation and GOM estimates.
I’m in the US, but I will see if either the Connect app or the Charging NA app will act as a bridge for stuffing data into ABRP. Thanks for the tip. I checked the ABRP forum, and my question has been asked, viewed 400 times, but not answered there.

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I last looked into it, it looks like the only way for ABRP to get the data is to use Tronity and I get the feeling that they're just logging into the Porsche owners page to pull the information since they ask for you Porsche account info. At that point my response was "Nope", not giving you that.

I've tried using a OBD2 dongle to see if it's possible to pull the raw data, but looks like that isn't possible as there's something non-standard that Porsche is doing w/ the OBD2 port. I think other Porsche might be doing the same thing so it' might be possible that using a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle that works with Porsche it' might be able to pass the data to ABRP via a app like Torque.

Max Powers

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thanks a lot for the tip of using Tronity to link with ABRT. Even though I am in the US, I was still able to create an account (I said I was in the UK) and connected to the My Porsche portal to allow the sharing of data. I think was able to add the vehicle once again in ABRT by connecting to Tronity.
I'm excited to see this work as I'm leaving on a 3000 mile road-trip tomorrow from Colorado to Northern California - Southern California then back to Colorado. We're very excited as this will be our first trip on the Taycan!

Porsche Taycan ABRP How to sync to actual battery state of charge? PNG image

OP
OP
SteveDC

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
Thanks a lot for the tip of using Tronity to link with ABRT. Even though I am in the US, I was still able to create an account (I said I was in the UK) and connected to the My Porsche portal to allow the sharing of data. I think was able to add the vehicle once again in ABRT by connecting to Tronity.
I'm excited to see this work as I'm leaving on a 3000 mile road-trip tomorrow from Colorado to Northern California - Southern California then back to Colorado. We're very excited as this will be our first trip on the Taycan!

PNG image.png
Looks like a fantastic trip. Take you time and enjoy!

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

PNG image.png
Interesting, would love to know if this actually works.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Works fine for me in Europe - have used it for over a year.

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 18.18.22.png
Sorry, I meant in the US. I reached out to Tronity and they told me it was not available in US.