Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Not a great first experience with my Turbo S. I am in the US with a NEMA 14050 plug and 50A circuit, Porsche Mobile Charger Connect and the Porsche Charging Dock and the dealer had checked out the direct charging with their fast charger. I had driven the car for two days and had about 80 miles left without plugging it into my home charger. The first time I plugged it into my home charger I heard a loud 'click' from the front of the car and the charger went dead. I had thrown a circuit breaker in the 50A circuit.

I called both the Porsche dealer and the recommended electrician that installed the 50A circuit. The electrician was extremely good, and verified the circuit was perfect, and even volunteered to take the mobile charger to the dealer before I brought my car in. The mobile charger checked out perfectly. After two days, they determined that I had a bad AC converter. I was told they needed to order the part from Germany, which would take three weeks, and I said that was unacceptable. They were very responsive and overnighted the part and I had the car 4 days later. The sales rep accompanied me back to my home and verified AC charging was OK, and then followed me to the Electrify America station to verify 350kW DC charging. Knock on wood - everything appears to be ok now, with the exception of the dead battery mentioned in other threads.

Anyone else seen this problem?
Sponsored

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Did they not actually plug the car in at the dealer? Very strange.
My dealer has DC charging in the service area (probably 50 kW). I suspect many others have the same. The AC chargers they keep for the floor models and hybrids that have small battery packs.
Sponsored