AC not working

glasair2s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi, does anyone experience an issue with the AC. Since last Saturday, my AC is U/S or not available. Not sure if in relation, but Connect is also for quite some time very slow, not connecting, or only randomly to the PCM, but data of the last trip, charge are still updating.

When trying to start the AC via the Connect, App I got the following fault code: 181_MBB_RPC
PS: is there a way to reset the PCM or dig deeper into the system for troubleshooting?

Thank you for any advice or help,
Krgds,

Porsche Taycan AC not working Capture d’écran 2020-11-29 à 14.59.35

Porsche Taycan AC not working IMG_0628.PNG

Porsche Taycan AC not working IMG_0633

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
My A/C didn’t work from delivery. Took me a while to decide it wasn’t user error. Took it back in & turns out the car was actually delivered to the dealer with no gas! Local dealer had to gas it, been fine since. I have PCM issues too but not like yours I think mine works slightly better, still working out if that is user error first!

still waiting for my feedback form to tell them (not the dealer but the factory) what I think about the A/C issue. I don’t think it’s coming ?

OP
OP
glasair2s

glasair2s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi, thanks fo
My A/C didn’t work from delivery. Took me a while to decide it wasn’t user error. Took it back in & turns out the car was actually delivered to the dealer with no gas! Local dealer had to gas it, been fine since. I have PCM issues too but not like yours I think mine works slightly better, still working out if that is user error first!

still waiting for my feedback form to tell them (not the dealer but the factory) what I think about the A/C issue. I don’t think it’s coming ?
Hi, thanks for your feedback. Mine was working well since delivery, I have now 8000km / 3Mo. Except, various minor bugs, all more or less solved by rebooting the car, so with that, I can live, nothing dramatic.

I tried to get in touch with the Connect support service, but as expected no answer. My dealer was the only one reacting, but again over the weekend, nothing will happen, so just freeze and be happy :CWL:

I will drop the car tomorrow, but I would really know if there is any relation with Connect. But, you're right and I do not exclude finger trouble.

With that level of quality, it's sad that Porsche doesn't provide a kind of AOG phone service with remote troubleshooting.

Cheers,

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@glasair2s you can easily restart pcm, even while driving by pressing power button in lower right of lower center display and selecting restart pcm. That being said I find it fixed very few issues. What works better is turning off car and walking away for a few minutes till it goes to sleep. I had a suspension failure go away with that technique.

If your error occurres the next day then I think it will require a service appointment. Sorry.

OP
OP
glasair2s

glasair2s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
@glasair2s you can easily restart pcm, even while driving by pressing power button in lower right of lower center display and selecting restart pcm. That being said I find it fixed very few issues. What works better is turning off car and walking away for a few minutes till it goes to sleep. I had a suspension failure go away with that technique.

If your error occurres the next day then I think it will require a service appointment. Sorry.
Hi thanks, yes that's what I already did, and slove before all types of phantom messages.
My dealer is already waiting for me tomorrow. Keep you all posted about the outcome.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
glasair2s

glasair2s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Keep in mind that the cabin and battery thermal management systems are interconnected, so a failure first observed in the cabin may prevent thermal management of the battery. In this thread, @TontoTaycan reported, "I was told at a certain refrigerant level, the car will simply shut off."
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/air-conditioning-problem.1831/post-23727
Hi, that's interesting! Let's hope, it's not related and I can make it to the dealer tomorrow. Will, in any case, avoid highways and take a thermos of warm coffee with me ;)

Could it be related to a software issue deactivating the AC? As you can see in the picture with the pedestal, the remote heating is not available. Also, direct charge via Connect is not working, even when the connection to the server seems ok.

I recently experienced, that the target charge was not respected. i.e. 85% and finally the car was charged at 91%. Solved the issue by deleting and setting new ones.

TontoTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks, Genau, for bringing up what I posted. I was just about to provide a link to that AC problem I had.

Porsche service had to order that O ring from Germany, and service had to learn the entire repair procedure, so my car was about for about 3-4 weeks. However, Porsche NA customer service reimbursed me, so always reach out to them if your car, which is a pretty penny, is out for an extended time.

OP
OP
glasair2s

glasair2s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi thanks for the info, really appreciated.

Should it be the case, I’m sure my dealer will give me his full support, and all new Porsches in Switzerland are covered by a mobility insurance, so that should be ok.

I’m more afraid to make any damage to the car, so will drive carefully the 50km tomorrow.

OP
OP
glasair2s

glasair2s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
eco mode ac is the problem
I tried all possible settings, but at that stage no way to confirm whatsoever... the only thing I see is that remote AC in the car can’t be selected (not talking about Connect, which is at current time useless). When you read the different post, it looks as this is just the point of iceberg.

OP
OP
glasair2s

glasair2s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yesterday, less than 1,5 days later, I got my car back from the dealer. That was quick one, and all my issues are solved. For the heating, it was an internal failure of HV heater (low voltage side), and for Connect, they had to reset/unlock the SIM card module (I guess it’s combined with the OTA) by using the diagnostic computer.

Now I have almost instant access to the car via the App, even with weak cellular network.

I’m very happy and impressed how Porsche Geneva took this seriously. A great thanks to all his team.

Unfortunately, I can’t say the same for Porsche Connect support, no sign or feedback since last Saturday, they are just not existing!
Sponsored