bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I'm in Southern California and we have already had some 90+ degree days and no problem with cooling. Coming out of work and getting in to a hot car it cools down pretty quickly and I have the air conditioning in eco mode. I have the pano roof and no insulated glass. I do have tinting all around except the windshield.
Sponsored

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Here in Texas the weather has started to get 90F+ and when that happens the AC just can't seem to do a good job of cooling the cabin.

I've taken it in for this once and was told the AC pressure is fine and the temperature of the air was cool as expected. (It was not, however, a warm day at the time.)

Anyone else, or just me? Maybe if I get that AC pressure sensor work done it will resolve itself.
I just picked up my Taycan in Tucson AZ yesterday. It was 100F, and the air conditioning worked very well. It had no problem keeping the car at 68F. Now I don't have a glass roof but I'm not sure what/any difference that would make.

ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
I live in Austin TX, so it gets to 100 quite often in the summer, cars become ovens that take forever to cool down. Ventilated seats are your best option/friend in the summer here. After last two Porsches with black interior, went with gray, it does help. Also, the pre-cooling works wonders when charging. When it’s 100 outside, its usually hotter than that in the garage, so pre-cooling is a miracle worker, yesterday it was ~98 outside, got into the car in the garage and it was 70. Wife thinks every car should have pre-cooling. Have not had any problems cooling off the car so far, AC seems to do the job.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Maybe your heat pump is out of order or close to it. The part has failed some of the drivers on this forum, including me.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Maybe your heat pump is out of order or close to it. The part has failed some of the drivers on this forum, including me.
Does the car know when it fails and throw some kind of error?

I'm bringing it in for like 3 recalls Tuesday so I'll get them to check it.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Have insulated glass and went to Italy for the summer. I often had to turn it down because it was freezing me to an ice block. I never go above 3 bars of vent and use diffused mode.

Goldbros

First Name
Goldbros
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My 2021 RWD (no pano yes insulation) is currently in the shop for the same reason. Blowing hot air when AC on at full blast.
Noticed immediately after latest update but to be fair haven’t used the AC for several months. Know it worked in the past.

Will post when I get an update.

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
I had a 2020 4s loaner last summer in 100+ degrees (no insulated glass, no pano). It had no trouble in the heat and in fact we made some excuses to keep the car for over a week . I'm sorry to say but I would not take the "its normal" answer on that. Play around a bit and see if you can get it to blow ice cold. If you can, then it's probably not an issue with the base condenser/pump, but could be something wrong with your electronic vents.

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
Here in Texas the weather has started to get 90F+ and when that happens the AC just can't seem to do a good job of cooling the cabin.

I've taken it in for this once and was told the AC pressure is fine and the temperature of the air was cool as expected. (It was not, however, a warm day at the time.)

Anyone else, or just me? Maybe if I get that AC pressure sensor work done it will resolve itself.
I live in Austin and was out driving today. I think that the A/C works well. It seem to be cooling off the interior of the car very well. And, I only have it set at 75.

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag

I live in Austin and was out driving today. I think that the A/C works well. It seem to be cooling off the interior of the car very well. And, I only have it set at 75.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag

I have experienced the same in my '22. I did notice once the ECO was on....I turned that off and it got better but still not what I think I will need when it hits 105 here in Plano.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Does the car know when it fails and throw some kind of error?

I'm bringing it in for like 3 recalls Tuesday so I'll get them to check it.
Good plan, it sounds like something may be off for you. My wife took car today, it sat outside for 3+ hours midday (90*+, high humidity) and she kicked it down to 60 right away (still in eco mode) and said it felt great, no issues with it being too hot. She doesn’t have app on phone to precondition but is having me install now, knowing this is just a teaser for the real Texas summer. We do have insulated glass option on CT4 (standard panoramic roof), not sure if that’s a factor.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also live in socal and have had mine for two years with lots of hundred degree weather and no problems. It’s not instantly an icebox, but it does the job. (I also have the pano roof and no insulation).

I suspect yours has an issue.

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
No issues with the Turbo in southern Florida summers. I do have thermal glass, ceramic tint, and the UV blocking film on the windshield. And so far the GTS is easily cooling in the mid 80's of spring.
Sponsored