ACC/ALK now appears to audibly warn you to take control if no driver input is detected

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I'm not 100% on this, but I believe that ACC used to not give you any audible notification when it disabled itself due to lack of driver input.

I was testing ACC+ALK yesterday and at one point I was resting my hand on the steering wheel so lightly that I heard the car beep at me to take control of the steering wheel. There was also a flashing red warning in the left third of the instrument cluster.

Usually you first get a no chime, white flashing warning in the left third of the instrument cluster. If the car still doesn't detect input, then some time later you will get the flashing red warning and now an audible warning as well.

This is appreciated since it was very unsafe before. I believe the car would simply disable ACC/ALK without audibly notifying you that it had done so, which arguably is more unsafe than the car continuing to drive for you.

The only update I've received is the AMB5 recall so maybe they snuck that in as well? The only OTA stuff that I've gotten is map updates, afaik.

Maybe someone else can confirm this potentially new behavior?
Sponsored