ACC vs Innodrive

Av0789

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
Hi all,

I am a few days away from my freeze date and wanted to confirm a few options. I have innodrive on the spec now but I am looking to remove it and just keep ACC. Does the ACC come with traffic sign recognition (speed limit display)?

Thanks!
Sponsored

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Traffic sign recognition comes standard with the Taycan even if you do not order ACC or InnoDrive like I did.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
In North America Innodrive as part of the ”package” is cheaper than the driving assist options ‘separately’ - I recommend getting Innodrive because then it will include “everything” - but then disable it and only use ACC

the problem with Innodrive is not it’s ACC capabilities, it’s problem is it’s automated/independent speed adjustments to curves and speed limit changes (sometimes phantom speed limit changes) - it works great for pacing traffic and not going faster than the car in front of you - but sometimes for no reason it will ”just slow down” - a couple of times it almost caused the guy behind me who was following too closely to rear end me…

ACC is what you want and is the best option, but cost wise just checking the “innodrive box” gets you all the options and may be a wash or slightly less cost wise…

just be aware I’m not recommending “innodrive” per-say - but it’s the easiest way to get all the goodies and then just ignore the extra features - who knows it might get better in the future with a software update.

OP
OP

Av0789

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
Great thanks for the feedback!
The additional feature with Innodrive is the LKA only? (Apart from the “intelligent” driving aspect)

thanks again!

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Great thanks for the feedback!
The additional feature with Innodrive is the LKA only? (Apart from the “intelligent” driving aspect)

thanks again!
checking that box gets you “everything” so it’s just the simplest path....
Sponsored