Active Lane Keep and Innodrive not available in the Connect store

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan '19 (Crayon), Taycan 4S+ '21 (Black)
Country flag
I would put pen to paper and call them both out. Send to Porsche NA & GmbH (cc the others) - if that doesn't get you some satisfaction then it's time to turn the lights off!

Appreciate that it's not top of your priorities but things like this do wind me up!
I see your point.
OTOH: I'm sure the engineers work hard as hell. For them, all I assume know about Porsche, it's a matter of honor, thriving for excellence. Being a SW engineer myself, I would guess this is a big and complex task, HW/SW/billing, and it's Porsches "first". So, for my part, I decided that at this point in time, applying kind of pressure will not change anything for the good.
Sponsored

Marzander

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Isn't ALK the same as ALA " Active Lane Assist" as opposed to LCA which is "Lane Change Assist"?

ALA is standard in UK and LCA can't be FoD as it needs additional sensors and different mirrors (odd since you can get Matrix lights on the etron GT as an FoD subscription implying the headlight unit has all that it needs but not all gizmos are activated) when it must be cheaper to standardise on one piece of hardware and leave the rest to software activation.

I must say that this old IBM trick is a right old con!
Not the same. ALA just bumps you back in your lane. ALK keeps your car between well defined lanes (more like self-driving).