Adaptive Cruise Control. Should I add Active Lane Keeping?

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 640d, CT4
Country flag
Hello guys. I am super glad to join the Taycan club pretty much soon (Delivery date DEC 2021!) and thank you for your help in advance.

1) Considering adding ACC to my Taycan CT. The question appeared to me -- should I add Active Lane Keeping to ACC?
It is Keep Lane Assist in the standard specs, what's the difference with Active Lane Keeping which goes with Cruise Control as extra?

2) If I add ACC only, can I buy InnoDrive and Active Lane Keeping in the future via Features on-demand?

It is totally puzzled for me. Where is the sweet spot?

Porsche Taycan Adaptive Cruise Control. Should I add Active Lane Keeping? image 53
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
if it were me yes - I love both - it removes just a bit of stress when dealing with mundane traffic…and normal highway driving - it’s better to have it and not use it - than not have it and want to add it - cause you can’t add it after manufacture.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
2) If I add ACC only, can I buy InnoDrive and Active Lane Keeping in the future via Features on-demand?
Yes. My ACC only car had this done. However it's probably a little cheaper get it done at the factory and won't have any porsche connect bug hassles like I did.

My review: get ALK, skip InnoDrive. You can always add it on FoD later to try it.

hwillz1227

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My suggestion is to get ACC only. And there is a free trial of ALK and innodrive from Porsche connect store. Test it first and then make your decision. And you can cancel it anytime or add it back anytime you want because you have the hardware ready (acc)

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
My suggestion is to get ACC only. And there is a free trial of ALK and innodrive from Porsche connect store. Test it first and then make your decision. And you can cancel it anytime or add it back anytime you want because you have the hardware ready (acc)
Speaking of which, is there a place we’re FOD items are itemized with pricing?

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I was watching a video where it says that Innodrive requires a camera/sensor near top of windshield, so wondering how this can be added FOD without installing equipment (so long as you have ACC sensor in bumpet). Anyone know?

Also, it seems ordering FOD later is less expensive than selecting Innodrive as build option.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Looks to be annual contracts. My SA told me I could select an FoD item and use for a moth then drop it. It would be nice to use InnoDrive on a long trip that I take once a year but I doubt I'd use it other than for that trip.

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
I find Active Lane Keeping to be inconsistent and I wouldn‘t pay for it if I was ordering again. Innodrive has some strange behaviours and I don’t use mine. The Adaptive Cruise Control is good. From my perspective one buys a Porsche to drive if rather than have a computer do it!