Adaptive cruise control vs a Porsche driver

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
For the diehard Porsche drivers, is ACC counter productive to the enthusiastic driver? Trying to justify if it a worthy option to someone who very rarely used cruise control in my sports cars. I know you need ACC to FoD Innodrive but what are your thoughts for the spirited Taycan driver?
Sponsored

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The times you use ACC is times you should't be doing "spirited driving" anyway. Having PID on a long trip was pretty great, especially since it's quicker to just set a speed at like 75 or 70 than trying to sneak along as quickly as possible with traffic (as using less battery = spending less time charging)

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
For the diehard Porsche drivers, is ACC counter productive to the enthusiastic driver? Trying to justify if it a worthy option to someone who very rarely used cruise control in my sports cars. I know you need ACC to FoD Innodrive but what are your thoughts for the spirited Taycan driver?
I have ACC on my Macan & spec'd it mainly because it was required for AEB (emergency braking feature). Right or wrong, Tesla has set the expectation that EV & autonomous features go hand in hand so I was afraid to leave it off my build even though I rarely use it on the Macan.

ACC/InnoDrive is most useful in traffic jams on highways and it is very nice to have. I'd spec ACC just for resale because it makes the car InnoDrive-capable.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
I didn’t spec it. I don’t use CC a lot as it is and didn’t see the value of the purchase. I have done a few 100+ mile drives since getting the Taycan, I spent a lot of it using normal cruise control. I’d have to go up and down on occasion, the stick control is easy enough. I did think a few times it would have been easier with ACC but still hard for me to justify...but if I keep doing these longer drives I would definitely be kicking myself for not getting ACC (and probably PID). But...I love the car and rarely would use this feature...sorry not terribly helpful, just sharing my experiences thus far.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
We have ACC in our Macan Turbo and Inno Drive in our Taycan Turbo S. My wife dislikes both and any cruise control. She particularly dislikes hard last-minute stops for stopped vehicles and sudden acceleration when a vehicle in front of you changed lanes.

However, both systems are fantastic in an emergency stop and the Macan once saved us from being t-boned. The accident avoidance stopping system “minimizes damage” and works even if you are not using the cruise control.

The Taycan is great in stop and go traffic because it will restart without your input. I use ACC in both cars a lot to avoid tickets (have no radar or laser). The Taycan is both annoying and good when it changes speed settings based on speed limits - has saved me from one notorious speed trap already.
Sponsored