neilp1

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S with Mission E Wheels and PCCB breaks
Country flag
Picking up my MY2021 Taycan on Saturday in NJ. Any day 1 advice or advice at the dealership when picking up?
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ask them to setup your PorscheID and the profile in the car so you don't have to fight with it on your own. My salesperson set it up with a default password that I changed later.

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
So joking aside, what @chrisk said is probbaly the most important one. Ask them to set up your Porsche ID with the car a day before you pick it up. Then it will install all of the updates overnight before you get it. My dealer was sick (with Covid) and how he normally does it. As a result I had 14 error messages, 8 updates, etc. that all sorted themselves out 24 hrs later.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Picking up my MY2021 Taycan on Saturday in NJ. Any day 1 advice or advice at the dealership when picking up?
You may want to consider asking the dealer NOT to prep your car. You might want to see the paint in all its post factory/ post transport glory. A good wash and rinse is what I ask for - but no wax.

Once I get a good look at the paint, then I let the dealer finish any prep work they may want to do. This seemingly amounts to lathering the car in some sort of oily furniture polish (think PLEDGE) to fill and cover any defects, swirls, scratches in the paint. That crap hides a lot of sins...

I should note that this is exactly what I did with my Taycan. However, once I removed the post inspection prep goop the dealer used, the paint was even worse than my original inspection. It seems the guys washed my car with a dirty rag or something before they dipped it in honey. I had to thoroughly buff out my trunk lid and rear wheel arches before I did the ceramic coating....

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I plan on getting full PPF and my dealer has a local detailer come into the dealership to do PPF... anyone have recommendations for/against this?

I’ve also been looking at other PPF installers but kinda scares me if they have to disassemble the car in any way to wrap edges ... and what if they don’t put it back together properly?

something about doing it at dealership makes me think they could resolve any issues and also would hold them accountable.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I plan on getting full PPF and my dealer has a local detailer come into the dealership to do PPF... anyone have recommendations for/against this?

I’ve also been looking at other PPF installers but kinda scares me if they have to disassemble the car in any way to wrap edges ... and what if they don’t put it back together properly?

something about doing it at dealership makes me think they could resolve any issues and also would hold them accountable.
What?

I don't think my PPF shop disassembled anything to cover the entire front clip of my car...

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
i'm not speaking from experience... I've just heard from others that detailing shops may remove mirrors/emblems/logos/etc. in order to get the PPF to wrap over the edges and not have any seams. maybe that's not as commonplace?

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
i'm not speaking from experience... I've just heard from others that detailing shops may remove mirrors/emblems/logos/etc. in order to get the PPF to wrap over the edges and not have any seams. maybe that's not as commonplace?
Certainly no one has taken my mirrors off any car to which I had PPF applied. They MIGHT have removed the Porsche emblem and reapplied it but that is no big deal.

If you are going to a shop who can't apply PPF without taking mirrors or panels off your car then you need to find someone else to do the work. Run!

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Certainly no one has taken my mirrors off any car to which I had PPF applied. They MIGHT have removed the Porsche emblem and reapplied it but that is no big deal.

If you are going to a shop who can't apply PPF without taking mirrors or panels off your car then you need to find someone else to do the work. Run!
ha good to know. i'll make sure whoever i go with doesn't do any disassembly.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ha good to know. i'll make sure whoever i go with doesn't do any disassembly.
In all honesty, its a question which I don't think should even need to be asked! (...and don't worry if they want to pop off a badge or something.)

Good luck!
Sponsored