Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, G63
Country flag
HI Forumers

This is my spec for my RWD : PNRHYIX0

I know its really basic but budget/wife and general stinginess prohibits a fully loaded list of extras.

Ive gone with 20" turbo aeros. pano roof. widow trims in gloss black. folding mirrors. Bose. 4+1 seats.

If theres anything that really should go in I might forsake the 4+1 as I don't really need it

cheers for any input
I had ordered a RWD that was just under $90K USD, but it got delayed by over a month. The same day I got notification of the delay, I got a call from the manager of another Porsche dealer telling me that a customer ordered car arrived at the dealer and the customer changed his mind. It had a lot more options than the other one I ordered. Here are the options that I think are a MUST: premium package, electric sport sound, and power charge ports. These three options really make the car and add the detail that is expected of a car for this price. The ambient lighting, storage package and electric sport sound should all be standard, but such is life. The wheels and brakes on my car were about $10k USD, but I think they change the whole look of the car and add to the resale value. I don't think the extended battery is worth the money, or the air suspension. If I were going to spend the extra money, I would step up to a 4s.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Computerglitch

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Appreciate the budget constraint but consider:
  1. Performance Battery Plus (if you are range anxious) and if worried about resale
  2. 150kW 400V DC Booster - you may not need it but there are legacy (and new) 150kW EVSEs out there which you can only take advantage of with this option (otherwise limited to 50kW DC 400V). Small price for overall flexibility
  3. Ditch 4+1 and add 360 Surround Cameras - really useful
  4. Driver memory package (useful if more than 1 driver)
  5. Heated steering wheel
  6. Auto dim interior / exterior mirrors
  7. Cable between charger and vehicle - 7.5m (free, so take it)
Many thanks guys ,just back from the dealership after freezing my build!
Expected delivery is anytime in December.
Ditched the 4+1 and went surround cameras.
kept it very minimal apart from that but really chuffed with look and price
If anyone is interested code is PNQ62XX8 but thanks for all the advice
Simon

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Correct me if I’m wrong, as I’ve seen all different recommendations on this option, but aren’t you only limited to 50kw if it’s a 400v station. It’s my understanding there are virtually no 400v stations in the US that are also cable of over 50kw. I understand it’s a relatively inexpensive addition, but for something that’s barely, if ever, used I’m inclined to leave it off. Yeah, it’s only $460, but this forum is littered with threads on any number of options less than $1000 that people say “it’s so cheap so just get it”. You add those up and it starts to make a real difference.

800V charging allows for half the current than 400V. Based on that alone 800V is the future of fast charging. Not to mention, Porsche was the first EV to go 800V, it won’t be the last. I would be willing to bet 10 years from now almost all manufacturers will be 800V, except Tesla of course, Elon can’t help but try to prove his was the best and still is.

For someone who was already debating the PB vs PB+, and foresees us charging 99% time at home, I can’t justify the cost, no matter how low it is to be honest. But, it’s not a standard option, so everyone is free to order theirs how they want it.
Tesla Supercharger Network is 400V and there are plans to allow non Tesla cars use these services. To take advantage you'll need this option.

Car is native 800V and so with a standard 400V 50kW DC charger onboard you will be limited.

If you can find / access 350kW ( or any other 800V EVSEs then you can obviously use these too.

ericj320

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Tesla Supercharger Network is 400V and there are plans to allow non Tesla cars use these services. To take advantage you'll need this option.

Car is native 800V and so with a standard 400V 50kW DC charger onboard you will be limited.

If you can find / access 350kW ( or any other 800V EVSEs then you can obviously use these too.
Fair point, although as someone who placed an opening day reservation on the Model 3 years ago, where I essentially gave Tesla a $1000 loan with no return on investment except a promise I now believe he knew he would never be able to deliver on, the thought of giving Elon another dollar of my money vs stranded on the side of the road with a dead battery, I’d have to give some serious thought to witch would be worse!

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Not exactly correct. If Tesla opens up their 400 volt DC high speed charging network to non-Tesla cars, the Taycan using the standard 400 VDC built-in charger would still be able to use the Tesla network at a 50kw rate. You just wont be able to charge at the full potential 150kw.

That said, there is no indication that Tesla will allow non-Tesla EVs to charge at the full 150kw rate. And as a current Tesla owner I have never seen my car charge at 150kw. My most recent session at a brand new Tesla charger topped out at 61kw.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
It’s my understanding there are virtually no 400v stations in the US
The OP is in London so the US charging network is not the relevant one. There are plenty of 100kW 400V charging stations here.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not exactly correct. If Tesla opens up their 400 volt DC high speed charging network to non-Tesla cars, the Taycan using the standard 400 VDC built-in charger would still be able to use the Tesla network at a 50kw rate. You just wont be able to charge at the full potential 150kw.

That said, there is no indication that Tesla will allow non-Tesla EVs to charge at the full 150kw rate. And as a current Tesla owner I have never seen my car charge at 150kw. My most recent session at a brand new Tesla charger topped out at 61kw.
That's what I said in my post. Volts are the key here. Thx.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag

Our X has never charged above 120kw. Even with 10% remaining and the battery up to temperature. We take delivery of a YP next week and I hope we can get to at least 150kw.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
We take delivery of a YP next week and I hope we can get to at least 150kw.
I'd love to see what you find. While I primarily charge at home over night where the charging rate on my 40 amp Juicebox 40 works fine, from time to time I've used Tesla superchargers and have been disappointed by the charge rate.

To take advantage you'll need this option.
My point is that you do NOT need the 400v/150kw option to take advantage of a potential Tesla charging network. The DC charger standard in the Taycan supports 400v. The only advantage of the 400v/150kw option is possibly faster charging. And I say 'possibly' because today, Tesla's don't commonly get 150kw charging on a Tesla 400v super charger.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
If you change your car this close to the freeze date, be prepared for the freeze date and production to be pushed back

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Just reread this but you aren't making any sense with your statement lol
The concept doesn't make sense to me either but the words do. If you change your order within a week or so of the freeze date, sometimes it will delay production. Don't ask me why they call it the freeze date if you can't make changes right up until that date but it happened to me and it has happened to plenty of others as well if you read enough threads.

OP
OP
Computerglitch

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
The concept doesn't make sense to me either but the words do. If you change your order within a week or so of the freeze date, sometimes it will delay production. Don't ask me why they call it the freeze date if you can't make changes right up until that date but it happened to me and it has happened to plenty of others as well if you read enough threads.
Hmmmm....they won't start building until they have the options so delivery date is not affected by anything you change up until freeze date. I got it confirmed with Porsche before I did. They may use it as an excuse after the delay lol

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'd love to see what you find. While I primarily charge at home over night where the charging rate on my 40 amp Juicebox 40 works fine, from time to time I've used Tesla superchargers and have been disappointed by the charge rate.

My point is that you do NOT need the 400v/150kw option to take advantage of a potential Tesla charging network. The DC charger standard in the Taycan supports 400v. The only advantage of the 400v/150kw option is possibly faster charging. And I say 'possibly' because today, Tesla's don't commonly get 150kw charging on a Tesla 400v super charger.
Yes but only to 50kW so if you're good with that then fine. I think I'd pay the small premium and have the best of what's on offer.
Sponsored