First Name
Carsten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley, Fisker, Jaguar x2, BMW, Lotus
Country flag
Hi all.

I think I will order a Cherry Red Taycan RWD this coming week.

Need a little advice based on your good (or bad) experiences.

I have planned to go for the following extra options:
- 20" taycan turbo aero
- Bose soundsystem
- Adaptive cruise control
- Ambient lights
- LED lights (incl. PLDS)
- Park assist with camera
- Heated seats front
- Side airbags behind
- 4+1 seats
- Sports crono incl. mode switch (only chosen because it is need to get GT steering wheel)
- GT sport steering wheel incl. heating
- Electrical mirrors with lightning
- Panoramic roof
- Acustic windows

My questions is:
1) Is there anything important you think I am missing (and it probably needs to be "if one in then one has to go from the options list"

2) Regarding panoramic roof: How is it in the summertime? Will it annoy our small kids behind because you cannot "blind it"?

3) Does the acustic windows have a significant effect on wind noise and noise in general?

PS it is on purpose I have not chosen the bigger battery package, I prefer a bit more extras.

Hope to get some good advice

Regards from

Carsten
Sponsored

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I live in Spain and even in the summer heat, the panoramic roof is not a problem. I would even say it gets less warm than our AMG’s with panoramic roofs with the blinds closed. As far as annoyance for the rear seat passengers, I have had only compliments from them. Regarding the acoustic glass, I think it is very important. I had a 4s loaner while my Turbo S was in the shop, and I missed the acoustic glass more than the extra horses and torque !

OP
OP
Carsten E

Carsten E

First Name
Carsten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I live in Spain and even in the summer heat, the panoramic roof is not a problem. I would even say it gets less warm than our AMG’s with panoramic roofs with the blinds closed. As far as annoyance for the rear seat passengers, I have had only compliments from them. Regarding the acoustic glass, I think it is very important. I had a 4s loaner while my Turbo S was in the shop, and I missed the acoustic glass more than the extra horses and torque !
Thanks Pozuelo.

That sounds good with the panoramic roof and also acustic glass. I really love listening to music while driving so a quite cabin is important to me.

Would you prefer the panoramic roof over air-suspension (PASM)?

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Thanks Pozuelo.

That sounds good with the panoramic roof and also acustic glass. I really love listening to music while driving so a quite cabin is important to me.

Have not driven one without air suspension. Cannot give you my opinion. The air suspension is great in that the raising ability is important when driving over bumps or when there is a abrupt change in angle on the road, as the car does not scrape or bottom out. Also the difference in stiffness between the normal, sport and sport plus is very noticeable and changes the character completely.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi all.

I think I will order a Cherry Red Taycan RWD this coming week.

Need a little advice based on your good (or bad) experiences.

I have planned to go for the following extra options:
- 20" taycan turbo aero
- Bose soundsystem
- Adaptive cruise control
- Ambient lights
- LED lights (incl. PLDS)
- Park assist with camera
- Heated seats front
- Side airbags behind
- 4+1 seats
- Sports crono incl. mode switch (only chosen because it is need to get GT steering wheel)
- GT sport steering wheel incl. heating
- Electrical mirrors with lightning
- Panoramic roof
- Acustic windows

My questions is:
1) Is there anything important you think I am missing (and it probably needs to be "if one in then one has to go from the options list"

2) Regarding panoramic roof: How is it in the summertime? Will it annoy our small kids behind because you cannot "blind it"?

3) Does the acustic windows have a significant effect on wind noise and noise in general?

PS it is on purpose I have not chosen the bigger battery package, I prefer a bit more extras.

Hope to get some good advice

Regards from

Carsten
1) You have ticket the boxes. The only option I would always add is night vision. For me a game changer.

2) Haven't heart complaints from my kids

3) Yes, definately a must have in my humble opinion

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Carsten

I think the upgraded battery is a must have since its power will be underwhelming for at Porsche - just my opinion.

Sport plus is really a good option and for more than just the steering wheel!

I haven't tried the car without active air suspension, but it's one of the (standard on 4S) options that I appreciate on a day to day basis. I always ride in the lowered setting. The standard ride height looks uncool and once I a while the lift is nice to activate (parking garages, steep inclines at driveways etc.).

If you're on a budget - dump the panoramic roof. At the front you won't notice it anyway and if your kids are small the won't need the extra feel of openess the glas roof provides. On thing is though that metal roof doesn't support roof rails. But the idea of a 20% increase on drag because of a roof box is a stupid idea anyway on at BEW.. In my opinion the car looks much better with metal roof.

Upgraded leather is also worth a consideration - as are the 18-way sports seats.

Maybe black painted window surrounds are worth a consideration since the standard RWD has matte black (which can look a bit plain).

Be carefull on rear side airbags if your kids are in carseats - the two don't always mix well.

OP
OP
Carsten E

Carsten E

First Name
Carsten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for your replies.

Will try and see if Porsche DK maybe have a Taycan with and without air suspension. I do not think they they have the base model yet though.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
14 way seats w/massage - has been a surprise favorite from my wife - so much so she spec’d it on on current “on-order” porsche…

22 kW charge option is useful in europe
150 kW 400V DC option
$0 25 ft charge cord

the glass roof is no problem in the summer in california

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Thanks Pozuelo.

The panoramic roof is great but if I had to make a shotgun choice between such roof and air suspension, I would go for the air suspension.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
my 2 cents:

- 20" taycan turbo aero ** OK
- Bose soundsystem ** OK
- Adaptive cruise control ** only if you use a lot of high way
- Ambient lights ** OK
- LED lights (incl. PLDS) ** OK
- Park assist with camera ** OK, but normal beep good enough
- Heated seats front ** OK
- Side airbags behind ** OK
- 4+1 seats ** OK
- Sports crono incl. mode switch (only chosen because it is need to get GT steering wheel) ** OK
- GT sport steering wheel incl. heating ** why? car's always warm if charged at home
- Electrical mirrors with lightning ** OK
- Panoramic roof ** OK
- Acustic windows ** wouldn't

? Rear Steering – is fantastic in the city, or at least Servolsteering Plus
? Sport Sound – I love it, sometimes
? Performance Battery Plus
? Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
my 2 cents:

- 20" taycan turbo aero ** OK
- Bose soundsystem ** OK
- Adaptive cruise control ** only if you use a lot of high way
- Ambient lights ** OK
- LED lights (incl. PLDS) ** OK
- Park assist with camera ** OK, but normal beep good enough
- Heated seats front ** OK
- Side airbags behind ** OK
- 4+1 seats ** OK
- Sports crono incl. mode switch (only chosen because it is need to get GT steering wheel) ** OK
- GT sport steering wheel incl. heating ** why? car's always warm if charged at home
- Electrical mirrors with lightning ** OK
- Panoramic roof ** OK
- Acustic windows ** wouldn't

Why would you pass on acoustic windows?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
why would you pass on the larger battery? IMHO in an EV you should buy as much range as can be bought in addition the plus battery adds a bit of HP

Pete C

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Air suspension is a must as the car is too low for most of the curves in Copenhagen.
Park assistant a waste og money as the camera is really bad and the wheater in DKK is rainy and the Taycan camera easily gets dirty.
Acustic windows are great, but only brings the noise level to a standard Bmw 5 series. Not impressed. Buy the electric sound and enjoy that...
I took the sport design package, black, glossy and it’s brings the car to the level it should be. Just dont get how you can have grey plastic on a luxury car? Black, glossy would match the red, grey plastic - not?
I also have the smal battery, no need for big battery in DKK. Don’t spend money on 22kw charger or DC option. You need Clever home charger, if not possible, don’t buy an EV. Infrastructure in DKK not ready.
I don’t have the crono package, happy with the steering wheel, but again, not at the level of a Bmw sports steering.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Air suspension is a must as the car is too low for most of the curves in Copenhagen.
Park assistant a waste og money as the camera is really bad and the wheater in DKK is rainy and the Taycan camera easily gets dirty.
Acustic windows are great, but only brings the noise level to a standard Bmw 5 series. Not impressed. Buy the electric sound and enjoy that...
I took the sport design package, black, glossy and it’s brings the car to the level it should be. Just dont get how you can have grey plastic on a luxury car? Black, glossy would match the red, grey plastic - not?
I also have the smal battery, no need for big battery in DKK. Don’t spend money on 22kw charger or DC option. You need Clever home charger, if not possible, don’t buy an EV. Infrastructure in DKK not ready.
I don’t have the crono package, happy with the steering wheel, but again, not at the level of a Bmw sports steering.
Your rear camera.has an integrated washer ;)

OP
OP
Carsten E

Carsten E

First Name
Carsten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Peter....

Good to know about the air suspension. Most people recommend that so I think I will go for that.

I also agree with you on the small battery. I will install a Clever charger at home when I get the car (are there any special arrangements necessary to get a clever home charger - I live in a "normal" house north of Copenhagen).

The sport design package and grey plastic subject: Is it the plastic at the panels of the car?

Do you live in Copenhagen?

Regards from

Carsten
Sponsored