Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
Huge congrats!! But I do have to ask as I’m now sorting out insurance which is turning out to be pretty crazy.... how expensive is a Taycan turbo for a new driver?!!
in any case I’m sure you’re stoked!

Here it is, my friends. The 4S had an unacceptable delay that would have pushed it into another tax year, so I upgraded to a Turbo: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMY9USY6

You'll have to pardon me if I make the headlines for accidentally launch controlling it into a swimming pool/Waitrose/covid vaccine distribution truck.

21-03-23_Taycan-014.jpg

Mancunian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 4 e-Hybrid
Country flag
I'm really looking forward to the answer to the insurance question......

Then, I'd like to know the wife's reaction :punch:

OP
OP
TomC

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Huge congrats!! But I do have to ask as I’m now sorting out insurance which is turning out to be pretty crazy.... how expensive is a Taycan turbo for a new driver?!!
You are not gonna like the answer. I’ve seen your insurance quotes in other threads and even mine is lower.
  • It’s £2k/y with myself and my wife (driving license of 14 years) as named drivers.
  • Without my wife on the insurance it was just under £3k.
  • With just my wife it was about £1050
It was actually quite a hassle to get insurance, but not for the reasons you think - it was because my wife, as the primary insurance holder, had never owner a “super car” before. A-Plan and Novo denied her on that basis, but Admiral had no issue with it. I’m unsure if the crossover to “super car” is at the Turbo point, I’m just guessing as I never had any issues in getting quotes when it looked like it was going to be a 4S.

The money side is secondary though; can you really put a price on the joy of launch control? Even if it (temporarily) breaks the car. I think not.

OP
OP
TomC

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
advice: get the way you want it - everything you "skip" to save money will seem trivial and stupid 6 months after taking delivery - and it will eat at you that you didn't "just do it right"…

enjoy! configure it to your liking! don't look back!

if you wanna save money don't buy a porsche - if you want the best car just do it!

no regrets.
I took your advice to heart when speccing this, but even so I've still found myself going "I wish I had ticked that box"

• Electric Sport Sound - I was vetoed on this, but even my wife now thinks it sounds cool and we should have added it
  • I preferred all the 21" wheel options, but appreciate it's more practical to get the 20" whilst getting used to such a big car
  • Massage Function/Olea Leather/Burmester - would have liked to seen/experienced them first, but what the hell
  • Passenger Display - sure, why not?

All the same, an absolutely spectacular car that I feel both proud and privileged to have been able to buy. It has literally brought my family closer together, because, well, they actually want to see me now.

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Here it is, my friends. The 4S had an unacceptable delay that would have pushed it into another tax year, so I upgraded to a Turbo: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMY9USY6

You'll have to pardon me if I make the headlines for accidentally launch controlling it into a swimming pool/Waitrose/covid vaccine distribution truck.

21-03-23_Taycan-014.jpg
Congratulations. I placed my order for my 4S on 5th Dec and was expecting it by mid-March but this has slipped to mid-April which is annoying. Your car looks awesome, even with the L plate!

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Norwegian here, what is an L-plate?