Talisker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo S, 20 Taycan Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo S ST
Country flag
The fire extinguisher, in front of the passenger seat is an obstruction and I removed it.
The leather free interior isn't as supple as leather, I wish I'd opted for the leather.
The panoramic sunroof gets really hot when very sunny
With the white colour, every insect impact leaves blood, I wish I opted for the dark grey
I wish I went for the electric detailing instead of the model on the sides
How do you turn off the heated steering wheel?
Storage package, doesn't provide much in the way of storage

I opted for the Mission E wheels with in black - very happy
Sports design package is great but the front doesn't stand out if the colour was black
Folding mirrors is great as it's a wide car and good reminder if you haven't locked it
Electric sport sound is my favourite thing
Sports chrono package provides sport plus and launch control
Thermal and noise insulated glass with privacy is great (but not as good as an Audi)
Rear visibility is bad, get park assist WITH surround View
Passenger display is great
spec is here
Porsche Taycan After 1200 miles, what I love and what I wouldn't configure Porsche Taycan Turbo1500x1000
Sponsored

esortho

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
On the panamera I had the heat button was on the inside of the steering wheel at 6 o’clock. It’s a small switch type “button”.
Launch Control is on all taycans, so no need for chrono for that specific feature.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
On the panamera I had the heat button was on the inside of the steering wheel at 6 o’clock. It’s a small switch type “button”.
Launch Control is on all taycans, so no need for chrono for that specific feature.
Same for the Macan.

OP
OP
Talisker

Talisker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've had heated steering wheels on various 911s and the Panamera, but can't find the button in the same place on the Taycan

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
I've had heated steering wheels on various 911s and the Panamera, but can't find the button in the same place on the Taycan
Bottom of the steering wheel at 6 o’clock. Weird that your panoramic roof gets hot. I’m in Florida and mine has barely any heat only a couple inches away and only a small amount when touching it.

OP
OP
Talisker

Talisker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Weird that your panoramic roof gets hot. I’m in Florida and mine has barely any heat only a couple inches away and only a small amount when touching it.
Being English with notoriously low temperatures, perhaps I'm more sensitive to heat, the temperatures of late have been around 34 degrees Celcius (90+ Farenheit).
;)

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Being English with notoriously low temperatures, perhaps I'm more sensitive to heat, the temperatures of late have been around 34 degrees Celcius (90+ Farenheit).
;)
I am in the south of France and we have had very warm weather lately, around 35 degrees Celsius Plus. I have found that if you leave the car outside in the sun for a couple of hours, the panoramic roof gets quite hot. But once the aircon set to AC and not ECO/AC mode, it cools down quite quickly. If the car has been in a garage it is all fine.

when your roof felt hot had it been parked outside for a while and did you hve the AC set to just AC and not any ECO mode? My car still resets to ECO/AC quite often which is irritating. It is going in for the recall tomorrow plus some investigation on fault messages. Let’s see if that Changes anything.

OP
OP
Talisker

Talisker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
when your roof felt hot had it been parked outside for a while and did you hve the AC set to just AC and not any ECO mode? My car still resets to ECO/AC quite often which is irritating. It is going in for the recall tomorrow plus some investigation on fault messages. Let’s see if that Changes anything.
[/QUOTE]
The car had been outside, the AC had been on for a while (ECO) it was still hot to the touch

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
That may be the explanation. Set the AC to AC only and not ECO! There is not enough air coming through the system and I think the AC also runs at a lower capacity to save electrons!

OP
OP
Talisker

Talisker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bottom of the steering wheel at 6 o’clock.
I found the heated steering wheel button (eventually) exactly where you said it was
Sponsored