First Name
Franco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Tourism
Country flag
Yes....:mad:

On last week, my Taycan stopped charging the battery with "Charging is not possible at this time" red message in the console.
Luckily, batteries were at 90%, so I drove on Monday last week to Porsche dealer and ….I left my car there with multiple failures at electrical and mechanical levels….yes mechanical because it seems of the mechanical cooling system got broken as well.

Porsche Europe sent an engineer over to check the problems and see what the problem is.

In any case, my Tycan is still there and no fixing has been done until now waiting to understand the root cause…

The only good part of this sad story is Porsche Modena gave me a brand new Panamera as courtesy car waiting to have my Taycan fixed and back.

Therefore, very sad and upset story but good customer service to mitigate the inconvenient
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Do you have the 22kW AC charger option ?

OP
OP

fmessori

First Name
Franco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Tourism
Country flag
Yikes, let us know what they find
Porsche technician just communicated that both the internal charger and the battery cooling system need to be replaced. The root cause seems to be in defective components of inside battery charger.
Now I wait to receive the new parts and the car back

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
At leas they know what caused the issue.

OP
OP

fmessori

First Name
Franco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Tourism
Country flag
This is pretty discouraging to read. It’s kind of mind boggling that these issues weren’t discovered during QC before it left the factory.
You are right, even if I was expecting possible being the Cross Tourism new and quite different even from the electrical design from the regular Tycan

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Yes....:mad:

On last week, my Taycan stopped charging the battery with "Charging is not possible at this time" red message in the console.
Luckily, batteries were at 90%, so I drove on Monday last week to Porsche dealer and ….I left my car there with multiple failures at electrical and mechanical levels….yes mechanical because it seems of the mechanical cooling system got broken as well.

Porsche Europe sent an engineer over to check the problems and see what the problem is.

In any case, my Tycan is still there and no fixing has been done until now waiting to understand the root cause…

The only good part of this sad story is Porsche Modena gave me a brand new Panamera as courtesy car waiting to have my Taycan fixed and back.

Therefore, very sad and upset story but good customer service to mitigate the inconvenient
Where are you located? The alternative is always pulling a 2 1/2 ton car out of your garage and putting it on a flat bed! A nightmare for sure.

stijnvdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S
Country flag
Do you have the 22kW AC charger option ?
Why the question?

I have the option 22kw charger and have somewhat the same issue.
Taycan CT Turbo S 2021, 2 months old and no ETA when the car will be repaired

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Porsche technician just communicated that both the internal charger and the battery cooling system need to be replaced. The root cause seems to be in defective components of inside battery charger.
Now I wait to receive the new parts and the car back
The good and the bad is that Porsche takes care of their brand and will fix it for you. With all the TVs coming online in the next tw0 years, they have to get this together.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Sounds like we’re both out of luck. My CT is getting repaired because it would not charge. 3 weeks of ownership and already at the shop. Really ?

OP
OP

fmessori

First Name
Franco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Tourism
Country flag
Sounds like we’re both out of luck. My CT is getting repaired because it would not charge. 3 weeks of ownership and already at the shop. Really ?
I get the sense Porsche has a problem with electronics components in one of their third party suppliers.
I got my taycan back after 6 weeks. Now it seems working fine.
I am crossing the fingers ??

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I get the sense Porsche has a problem with electronics components in one of their third party suppliers.
I got my taycan back after 6 weeks. Now it seems working fine.
I am crossing the fingers ??
My car has been at the shop for 2 weeks and it will remain there another two months. The part needed won’t be available until mid january.
Sponsored