Kool Kid

First Name
marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2013 Porsche 991C2
Country flag
Well i have now been driving my Taycan 4s - gentium blue for the past two months. It took awhile to get used to driving a sedan (for the past 20 years I have had a 911 and different SUVs - current 991 & e-tron suv audi)).

What I would have ordered different:

- longer charging cord. I have 220 plug on the wall in my garage the car is parked beside and the cord can't reach the front of the car. What a joke! I have to use my standard cord i got with the etron which seems to be about 5 feet longer. The plug is at the back tire and the cord can't reach. Rediculous, the dealer wanted $600 for a longer cord but it is free when you order the car.

- the turbo aero wheels - the most disappointing part of my build - they look almost like glass and don't have real spokes, almost like covers over the wheel. I would go into dealership and look at them. I should have gotten the mission design wheels (they come with light grey color or body color not white - white is only available on white color body) or the standard wheels and get an after market which there are a couple now and they look better. i didn't like porsche upselling me brakes to get the mission wheels but in retrospect would have saved some money on different things below

- All season wheels - they are inferior, speed rating is 70 km/h less than the regular tires. I should have gotten the standard tires and bought some winter tires.

- Gentium blue - I like the color but it is identical to every tesla out there and so paying 50% more for a similar style car, i would like it to stand out a little more, saw the volcanic grey (close to black) and it looked great, would order that in retrospect.

What I would probably not have ordered - unless you don't care about how much you pay:

- sports sound - i never turn it on. The car by government regulations has some sound so you don't come around the corner and kill someone, the sports sound is very gimmicky. The cool factor goes away after a few times having it on. Most of the time I would prefer to have it quieter or have the stereo on so it stays off.

Sport Chrono - the car is electric, no idea what this does other than cost 1500 for a clock and a knob. Without it you can select different modes on the dash instead of knob - probably porsche's highest profit margin option - electric car doesn't work differently with it - i got caught up from my 991.

LED matrix lights - i read later in North America governments don't allow the matrix to work and so you get a single beam, which means you pay 2500 for an option you can't use...you think they might mentioned that in the configurator

Intelligent range finder - haven't used yet and looks like it probably will never get used especially if you spend 85% of your time in a city

- 18 adaptive seats, i would have gone into dealership and tried the 14 comfort seats - i have not tried them so 18 might be best, but in retrospect i should have

What I would order again:

- side skirts in body color - I had not ordered it, however the car took 2 months to be delivered after it was built so I asked the dealer to order and install it for free so I had the chance to see the black and the side skirt - side skirt makes the care look better IMO.

- Bose stereo, it seems this is in every car manufacturer including our old infinity suv, however the sound is good, not awesome, but solid.

- I have the thermal glass, which probably makes the car quieter, sound better from bose, although i have not tested both

- two tone club leather black/atacama beige - love it, looks amazing in car - my happiest selection

- Black trim on windows vs. chrome - ORDER THIS otherwise the car looks like a tesla.

- I also changed the brushed aluminum to black on the door sills and interior accent package to dark silver from the gold color

- my early model came with panoramic roof and extended battery - i would order these again, especially the battery, the range is around 350km with the extended range

Good luck!!
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Agree on charging cord, I just grabbed an extension (for charging cord itself) from Amazon for under $100.

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Love love love driving my 4S! I've had it for 2 months and about 2,000 miles and have enjoyed every minute. My config has:

-performance package. PTV+, PDCC Sport, and Rear axle steering are awesome. This is a large heavy vehicle and drives like a dream. The handling is like magic. I frequently drive on a windy country road with minimal traffic and it is just a blast! I didn't really think I'd use the sport chrono package but actually switch between normal and sport+ frequently enough that it's handy to have the dial on the steering wheel.

- premium package. The important features in this for me were the ventilated seats (which work great), lane change assist, surround view, and the storage package. Glad I got the 14 way seats too. As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, the surround view is kind of mediocre but gets the job done.

- in addition, I got 20" turbo aero wheels, heated seats, heated steering wheel, folding exterior mirrors, window trim in black, and Intelligent Range Manager.

There are only two things that I wish I had gotten. The 3rd seat in the rear - not for the seat but for the passthrough; and the rear hvac control - my adult kids ride there a lot and we are constantly trying to find the right temp in the front that works in the back.

Overall it's an awesome car!

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well i have now been driving my Taycan 4s - gentium blue for the past two months. It took awhile to get used to driving a sedan (for the past 20 years I have had a 911 and different SUVs - current 991 & e-tron suv audi)).

- longer charging cord. I have 220 plug on the wall in my garage the car is parked beside and the cord can't reach the front of the car. What a joke! I have to use my standard cord i got with the etron which seems to be about 5 feet longer. The plug is at the back tire and the cord can't reach. Rediculous, the dealer wanted $600 for a longer cord but it is free when you order the car.

- the turbo aero wheels - the most disappointing part of my build - they look almost like glass and don't have real spokes, almost like covers over the wheel. I would go into dealership and look at them. I should have gotten the mission design wheels (they come with light grey color or body color not white - white is only available on white color body) or the standard wheels and get an after market which there are a couple now and they look better. i didn't like porsche upselling me brakes to get the mission wheels but in retrospect would have saved some money on different things below

- All season wheels - they are inferior, speed rating is 70 km/h less than the regular tires. I should have gotten the standard tires and bought some winter tires.

- Gentium blue - I like the color but it is identical to every tesla out there and so paying 50% more for a similar style car, i would like it to stand out a little more, saw the volcanic grey (close to black) and it looked great, would order that in retrospect.

What I would probably not have ordered - unless you don't care about how much you pay:

- sports sound - i never turn it on. The car by government regulations has some sound so you don't come around the corner and kill someone, the sports sound is very gimmicky. The cool factor goes away after a few times having it on. Most of the time I would prefer to have it quieter or have the stereo on so it stays off.

Sport Chrono - the car is electric, no idea what this does other than cost 1500 for a clock and a knob. Without it you can select different modes on the dash instead of knob - probably porsche's highest profit margin option - electric car doesn't work differently with it - i got caught up from my 991.

LED matrix lights - i read later in North America governments don't allow the matrix to work and so you get a single beam, which means you pay 2500 for an option you can't use...you think they might mentioned that in the configurator

Intelligent range finder - haven't used yet and looks like it probably will never get used especially if you spend 85% of your time in a city

- 18 adaptive seats, i would have gone into dealership and tried the 14 comfort seats - i have not tried them so 18 might be best, but in retrospect i should have

- side skirts in body color - I had not ordered it, however the car took 2 months to be delivered after it was built so I asked the dealer to order and install it for free so I had the chance to see the black and the side skirt - side skirt makes the care look better IMO.

- Bose stereo, it seems this is in every car manufacturer including our old infinity suv, however the sound is good, not awesome, but solid.

- I have the thermal glass, which probably makes the car quieter, sound better from bose, although i have not tested both

- two tone club leather black/atacama beige - love it, looks amazing in car - my happiest selection

- Black trim on windows vs. chrome - ORDER THIS otherwise the car looks like a tesla.

- I also changed the brushed aluminum to black on the door sills and interior accent package to dark silver from the gold color

- my early model came with panoramic roof and extended battery - i would order these again, especially the battery, the range is around 350km with the extended range

Good luck!!
Hi Marcus

Great feedback. I haven’t recieved my car yet (Santa is bringing it for Christmas ;).

I didn’t get the feedback regarding the seats. I found the 18way seats (and standard seats) to lack lateral support so I wen’t for the 18-way sport seats. But what was you findingson the seats?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've thought about this a bit, too.

What I would have done differently;

-I would have ordered a flashier color over the Volcano Grey. I agree the Gentian isn't my favorite but I almost went with Mamba and now I'd pick between Mamba, Carrera White, or Neptune. Still annoyed they don't offer it in Night Blue. But I ALWAYS wish I had gotten a different color after a few months with a new car.

-Would have gone with the Olea leather over standard interior. Alcatama or now Meranti. The standard is just fine but now I'd like the extra flash, plus...

-I have the 14 way seats and don't like them, I find the upper back stiff & uncomfortable, so I'd spec 18 ways. This is a big part of why I'd get the upgraded leather, as you can't spec 18 ways with the standard interior in the US.

-I'd add the insulated glass. The car is already super quiet but I think that'd be the cherry on top.

-I'd spec the 2+1 rear seats for the passthrough. I didn't realize you only got the passthrough with that configuration.

I was pretty conservative with my spec so nothing I'd remove. I like the Turbo Aero wheels personally. The Mission E wheels are clearly the best but too expensive, if anything I'd stick with the 19" wheels and go aftermarket.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I've thought about this a bit, too.

What I would have done differently;

-I would have ordered a flashier color over the Volcano Grey. I agree the Gentian isn't my favorite but I almost went with Mamba and now I'd pick between Mamba, Carrera White, or Neptune. Still annoyed they don't offer it in Night Blue. But I ALWAYS wish I had gotten a different color after a few months with a new car.

-Would have gone with the Olea leather over standard interior. Alcatama or now Meranti. The standard is just fine but now I'd like the extra flash, plus...

-I have the 14 way seats and don't like them, I find the upper back stiff & uncomfortable, so I'd spec 18 ways. This is a big part of why I'd get the upgraded leather, as you can't spec 18 ways with the standard interior in the US.

-I'd add the insulated glass. The car is already super quiet but I think that'd be the cherry on top.

-I'd spec the 2+1 rear seats for the passthrough. I didn't realize you only got the passthrough with that configuration.

I was pretty conservative with my spec so nothing I'd remove. I like the Turbo Aero wheels personally. The Mission E wheels are clearly the best but too expensive, if anything I'd stick with the 19" wheels and go aftermarket.
There is a Night Blue 718 with tan interior in my parking garage - I definitely would have gone with that option had it been available on the Taycan. My order is Carrera White, Basalt black Olea with Guard’s Red contrast stitching. This is a good thread for me as I just got the email today from Porsche saying my car is scheduled for production- they didn’t give a date though. I think I can still make changes.

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
I wouldn’t change a lot. I bored everyone in my family to death asking their opinions on several different versions of the car! Very happy with the colour I chose, gentian blue. I have a blue car problem though. Other colour I’d like is metallic black, I think the car looks great in that, also like it a lot in metallic white but white just isn’t practical for me.

I possibly would go for theTaycan Exclusive wheels, painted black instead of the turbo aero. I like the turbo aero wheels but I think the exclusive look better now.

Also probably would go insulated glass. The salesman talked me out of it but I think my original logic holds. It’s a quiet car why not make it as quiet as possible, and enjoy the sound system more. I find the sound system quieter than I expected, but I still wouldn’t want to pay the extra for burmester. I’m sure if I heard the difference I’d be tempted...

Glad I went for the window trims in black gloss. Also very glad I got the performance battery. 18 way seats only just made the cut, but they’re great.Too much choice though I still don’t think I’ve got my seat set quite right

I’d also ask to try a car with seat ventilation as I was considering it, and I think I’d probably prefer to have it

Thani

First Name
Thani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag

Good luck!!
Sport Chrono is more than just a knob and a watch according to Porsche:
- GT multifunction sports steering wheel including mode switch for selecting driving modes Range, Normal, Sport, Sport Plus and Individual
- Analogue and digital stopwatch
- Sport Plus mode with performance-oriented tuning of chassis, Porsche Active Aerodynamics and temperature control of the performance battery
- Individual mode for individual configuration of the settings for driving mode, chassis, chassis-level and Porsche Electric Sport Sound (note: settings options depend on the equipment)
- PSM Sport mode

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Doesn’t Sport Chrono give you launch control? Or is that standard? Also, I think the sound is one of my favorite superfluous features, and has already started to change the game on how electric cars are represented. While it may seem gimmicky, I love all types of feedback, and this helps with the overall sensation of speed. I can’t wait to be able to properly tune it.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Good luck!!
I have 7400 miles on mine and been driving it since April. I would do add/ delete the following:

1) Delete Mission E wheels and do the "blades". Better range

2) I would do the new Frozen Berry Metallic paint.

3) Add "electric" logo in black on doors

4) Interior accents in body color

5) Blackberry/slate Gray leather

6)Exterior mirrors exterior color

7) LED matrix lights

Probably wouldn't delete anything other than changing the paint color and wheels.

OP
OP

Kool Kid

First Name
marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2013 Porsche 991C2
Country flag
Sport Chrono is more than just a knob and a watch according to Porsche:
- GT multifunction sports steering wheel including mode switch for selecting driving modes Range, Normal, Sport, Sport Plus and Individual
- Analogue and digital stopwatch
- Sport Plus mode with performance-oriented tuning of chassis, Porsche Active Aerodynamics and temperature control of the performance battery
- Individual mode for individual configuration of the settings for driving mode, chassis, chassis-level and Porsche Electric Sport Sound (note: settings options depend on the equipment)
- PSM Sport mode
that is a lot of marketing words..the battery is already tuned, no one uses a stop watch., the electric sound you program into a button on the dash not because of sport chrono, you have to pay for the GT steering wheel separate, the knob changes the driving mode true..that is what you pay for! Just a lot for that and the clock IMO

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
The Ski Bag option also gives you 40/20/40 back seat, costs half as much as 2+1, while allowing you to keep the small tray. Unless, of course, you want the extra seat belt.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
@JC Mann
good to know, thank you

The Ski Bag option also gives you 40/20/40 back seat, costs half as much as 2+1, while allowing you to keep the small tray. Unless, of course, you want the extra seat belt.

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry gents...wouldn't change a thing. Other than get better range...but that's more my driving style and temperature...my car stops people (and me) in my tracks wherever it goes.

IMHO: If you're NOT going for max range / economics and you DON'T want your Taycan to look like a Ford Taurus sedan:

MUST HAVES:
- PTV+, PDCC Sport, and Rear axle steering
- 21" Mission E's in ALL BLACK
- Black trim
- Premium Package
- SportsDesign package (many argue it doesn't add much - I respectfully disagree)
- Sport Chrono
- Panoramic roof and extended battery
- 50% tint all the way around
- Xpel full front and exposed edges

robdds

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model S, soon Taycan 4S
Country flag

Good luck!!
Thank you, this was very helpful!
Sponsored