2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Surprised there are no cheap lip spoilers to glue onto the back. The Zyrus one is real CF, ergo expensive.

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
Big fan of the Zyrus one but will wait for more options due to the rough price point (and the fact they reached out to me directly to ask me to remove their pricing chart from this forum). My P85+ came with a similar one but I think it was only like $700-$800 to get from Tesla for models that didn’t come with it. Hopefully can get a similar price for the Taycan soon as I’m sure there’s a market

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Think of the all engineering hours and wind tunnel time that went into developing a vehicle with a .22 Cd, one of the very lowest in the industry. Then think of attaching an outrageously expensive, aesthetically questionable and almost certainly aero compromising aftermarket add-on.

No, don't.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
to me it is sacrilege to glue on any aftermarket product to the work of art called taycan. as noted the car is superbly engineered to have very low drag, why mess it up?
in addition I wouldn't spend that sort of cash on such IMHO frivolous item.
I am spending a ton of cash on a customized radar detector/lidar shifting system but in my book that is an investment.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
to me it is sacrilege to glue on any aftermarket product to the work of art called taycan. as noted the car is superbly engineered to have very low drag, why mess it up?
It's to look extra good. Duh. :)

Maybe if they gave us a button to set the spoiler up to stage 3 like its sister the Etron GT has. If you use the wash mode it only goes to stage 1 and people wonder if your trunk is open.

Last edited:

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Regarding topic:
Appreciate the effort, and perhaps someone will like it. Won't be me.
Strange to use Mission E renderings (invalid design).

Regarding posts in topic:
1) Glue on. I'm a bit so so on that. Could be good, I suppose. But high potential to look cheap.
2) Talking about drag and how a spoiler would ruin the "efficiency". W..t..f.... Go buy a Leaf. And let people decide for their own. Invalid point in my world, just brought up in order to have any sort of high ground. No? Change my mind. Frivolous? Absolutely. See point 3 below.
3) "It's to look extra good" - good one :)
4) Zyrus - Believe this is the good shit. Considering myself, but as pointed out.. they do charge and arm and a leg.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Talking about drag and how a spoiler would ruin the "efficiency". W..t..f.... Go buy a Leaf. And let people decide for their own. Invalid point in my world, just brought up in order to have any sort of high ground. No? Change my mind.
"Go buy a Leaf. And let people decide for their own".

Whoa! For a minute there I thought maybe you were telling people what to decide! ;)

Seriously, I suppose the point is not so much that "efficiency" will be hugely compromised but rather that it seems a shame to mess with something that was done so well just for appearances sake, since it almost certainly won't improve function.

I think @Kingske's post #2 above captures the essence of my objection. I'm no artist but tacking a wing on the Taycan does tweak both my aesthetic sense and engineering experience.

But by all means, to each his own.

thedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I bought a carbon fiber spoiler for my Mercedes CLA 45AMG from eBay. It was Chinese and $200. The carbon quality is equivalent to OEM carbon I have in the interior of the car. There has been no yellowing either of the gloss coat. I definitely am going to add a wing to the Taycan when one is produced that has a great price to look ratio. I like the Zyrus wing but knowing how low the price can get for one, I’m going to give it some time for the aftermarket to catch up. Those wings can be applied with double stick tape so it’s easily reversible.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
I bought a carbon fiber spoiler for my Mercedes CLA 45AMG from eBay. It was Chinese and $200. The carbon quality is equivalent to OEM carbon I have in the interior of the car. There has been no yellowing either of the gloss coat. I definitely am going to add a wing to the Taycan when one is produced that has a great price to look ratio. I like the Zyrus wing but knowing how low the price can get for one, I’m going to give it some time for the aftermarket to catch up. Those wings can be applied with double stick tape so it’s easily reversible.
I agree, let me know when you find one.

OP
OP
Cpoarchy

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
I emailed Zyrus for the price of theirs. This reaffirmed that I’m going to wait. Yes, I’ll let you know when I find something nice. I check google and eBay on a regular basis for this.
Thanks!
Sponsored