andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
A/C stopped working about 2 weeks ago now. Blowing warm air only. A/C light on. Tried resetting/turning on and off - no joy.
Dealer inspected and advised had not previously seen or heard of this issue. Apparently a pressure sensor needed to be replaced which had to be ordered from Germany.
One arrived and A/C now working but Porsche advised "all three need to be replaced", so car is back with me awaiting the other 2, due to arrive in another two weeks. I had picked up a few stone chips on bonnet and front bumper. Dealer arranged for detailer to repair and elected to have front body wrap to reduce risks of further damage.
Dealer had been very good about it, but disappointing to have such early failures.
Loan cars were an interesting contrast: first was a brand new 911 Carrera 2 with sports exhaust. Looked stunning, lovely details around the headlights and metal interior trim, amazing exhaust sound (really a 'bark'), great to have some buttons for simple functions and to be able to change air vents manually. Also nice to be able to open the sunroof and see much better out the back. Not as quick as my 4S (although performance figures suggest same). Ride was very firm but really could not cope with such limited luggage space.
After two days had to return - my heart sank when I saw a Boxster but infact quite enjoyed the convertible for the next week (at least in town in Spring). Much better luggage capacity than the 911 despite smaller size, nimble with a better ride/handling compromise than the 911. Very dated interior after Taycan/new 911.
Picked up my own car last night - silence! Starship Enterprise interior compared to Boxster/911 and really cannot tell that front has been wrapped.
So, overall, mildly annoyed at the equipment failure, enjoyed trying two 'new' cars (have now driven whole Porsche range for various reasons this year), can see why 911 has appeal but very happy to be back in the Taycan.
Sponsored